It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Start your rampage at 50-70% off, more retro than ever before.

<span class="bold">Retro City Rampage DX</span> - The maddest mashup of video game memes and memorable moments starts a righteous mess right where it belongs… on your retro MS-DOS device, and your modern Linux computer.

Get in on the more-retro-than-ever rampage with a 70% discount until Friday, July 31, 4:59 PM GMT. If you happen to miss the first deal, you can still grab the game at 50% off for the following few days until Wednesday, August 5, 4:59 PM GMT!

Get in the car, drive, kill someone, avoid the police, find the police, get out of the car, ROCKET LAUNCHER, pedestrians drop coins--collect the coins, punch a cop, KABOOM, get underwater, jump, fly, CONTRA LEVEL, ride a bike, flamethrower, METAL GEAR! Plus a NES-inspired monophonic soundtrack by Freaky DNA (Leonard Paul), virt (Jake Kaufman), and Norrin Radd (Matt Creamer).

Isn’t this everything you’d ever want from an indie game but couldn’t find anywhere? Well now you can, including that old MS-DOS machine you haven't gotten around to getting rid of, in what is undoubtedly a marvel of modern game programming magic. We really don't understand the "how". Today also marks the release of <span class="bold">Retro City Rampage DX</span> on Linux in an awesome gesture to our community of penguin-friendly gamers.
Does it run on dosbox?

EDIT: It does: http://i.imgur.com/Y407Zyz.png
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Crosmando
I got the update notification for this yesterday...
MS-DOS? That's totally boss! Windows 3.1? That sounds like retro fun!

P.S. While Retro City Rampage DX has guest appearances from BIT.TRIP, Minecraft, (Ms.) Splosion Man and Super Meat Boy, GOG has yet to add those games to the catalog. Vote for them and help change that:

Bit.Trip Beat
Bit.Trip Core
Bit.Trip Fate
Bit.Trip Flux
Bit.Trip Runner
Bit.Trip Runner 2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien
Bit.Trip Void
Minecraft
Ms. Splosion Man
Splosion Man
Super Meat Boy
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
This might be the most awesome backwards thing I've ever seen.

EDIT: Holy carp, how much retro can you get with Win3.1 ver. prototype!?
Post edited July 30, 2015 by WesleyB
nice!
Barry_Woodward: MS-DOS? That's totally boss!

P.S. While Retro City Rampage DX has guest appearances from BIT.TRIP, Minecraft and Super Meat Boy, GOG has yet to add those games to the catalog. Vote for them and help change that:

Bit.Trip Beat
Bit.Trip Core
Bit.Trip Fate
Bit.Trip Flux
Bit.Trip Runner
Bit.Trip Runner 2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien
Bit.Trip Void
Minecraft
Super Meat Boy
just voted for all the games i dont know them all but i voted for you.
i voted for many games, can you please vote for this one: gear head garage

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gearhead_garage

this one has 132 votes now its not much but i guess they might start it to notice when its at 500.
have this one elsewhere... nice to see it added here
MS-DOS port - this dev is insane! :-)
zeffyr: MS-DOS port - this dev is insane! :-)
tburger should be happy :P
What, no support for WIN 95/98? Im shocked :)

But seriously nice work seing it on linux. MS-DOS is cool too.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by Matruchus
Ha! Interesting promotion. On the website there’s a limited edition box that comes with 3.5 floppy disks, a cloth map, and those glasses with transparent red lenses. The kind of radness cannot be contained. Are you a rad enough dude?
Now we just need a version for ARM Linux so this game can be played on a Raspberry Pi without emulation.
I have to confess that I've bought this game a while ago on humble and not on GOG. They've updated their page as well and I just tested the 486 DOS version in DOSBox. For me it runs ultra slow and I don't think that the problem could be my i5 w/8GB @3.1Ghz. Anybody an idea if or how GOG configured this? Anybody experiencig the same performance issues?

Edit: I just found out: had to reset back my nvidia settings (probably the forced Vsync was my problem) to default and now it works - and pretty fast. That's what I call retro: pc beeper music and simple vga graphics :)
Post edited July 30, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I have to confess that I've bought this game a while ago on humble and not on GOG. They've updated their page as well and I just tested the 486 DOS version in DOSBox. For me it runs ultra slow and I don't think that the problem could be my i5 w/8GB @3.1Ghz. Anybody an idea if or how GOG configured this? Anybody experiencig the same performance issues?
We didn't touch the MS-DOS version at all, what you see is what we received from the developer :)