It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Capitalism, ho!

<span class="bold">Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale</span>, a business-sim jRPG reversal, & <span class="bold">Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters</span> a tough and classic action jRPG, are available now for Windows - DRM-free on GOG.com 60% off on the <span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span>.

You've (probably) never played a jRPG like this before: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale pulls the ol' switcheroo. An adventure awaits, a true challenge, but can you ever be prepared for this sort of thing? In a wonderfully entertaining twist of RPG, you're about to get more coin than ever, and take on an inventory-management trial by fire. In Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale you get own a store. Anything goes in retail, whether you play the market for the best prices or adventure in the wild for the sickest loot, your goal is to create a true emporium of powerful weapons, amazing potions, and the finest gear that lots and lots of money can buy - the prime destination for wandering adventurers and aspiring heroes. A business sim, a dungeon crawler, and a text-based adventure combine to offer one of the most unique titles ever, and even a passing interest in the concept should be enough to warrant a try. You won't regret it.

If you're looking for a break of pace from bookkeeping and management, Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters is the sister game to Recettear - an action jRPG in the vein of Ys, with a sprinkle of Zelda-style world exploration. With plenty of great humor, adorable art, and familiar Recettear characters, locations, and lore - there's a special kind of charm to be enjoyed here. But beware, saving the world isn't easy - preparation and the right gear are key, but we hear there's a good shop around just for that.

1) Open shop. 2) Acquire goods. 3) ??? 4) Profit in <span class="bold">Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale</span>, and bash some skulls in <span class="bold">Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last throughout the <span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span>.
Nice release. Bought Recettear ages ago on steam and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dungeon mechanics are a bit simple but the shop management is a lot of fun.

Edit: *removed as it was a bug showing the discounted price as the full price*

The game is well worth the discounted price, though if you miss out I'd wait for it to be on sale again before purchasing it.
Post edited October 16, 2015 by serpantino
Woohoo! Thanks a lot for these releases! I've been waiting for a long time to see them here! :D Insta-buy!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you GOG! You just ruined my wallet with your capitalist scheme of making me buy a second time one of the most awesome game ever... At least people will understand my signature now..... :o)

************************************************************************************************************** *

FOR PEOPLE ON THE FENCE: THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS GAME ASAP:
http://i.imgur.com/jcGtA.jpg
Attachments:
Post edited October 16, 2015 by catpower1980
Ah, nice release ! Too bad I already have them on Steam. Keep up the good work, GOG!
"Capitalism Ho!" is a good description of the asking price ....

I already have this game some time ago (and played several times through), paying a bit less (about 5 US$) would be more appropriate :D
Recettear looks interesting. I've always thought an interesting idea for an RPG would be that instead of selling the stuff you loot from dungeons to a merchant, that you can set up your own shop to sell it.
Nice, both sound like a lot of fun :)
xa_chan: Ah, nice release ! Too bad I already have them on Steam. Keep up the good work, GOG!
This.
catpower1980: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you GOG! You just ruined my wallet with your capitalist scheme of making me buy a second time one of the most awesome game ever... At least people will understand my signature now..... :o)

************************************************************************************************************** *

FOR PEOPLE ON THE FENCE: THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS GAME ASAP:
http://i.imgur.com/jcGtA.jpg
Lol, that wasn't half bad. I might buy it after all, ho! xD
BTW, Recettear is fully playable with a joypad (played with PS2 clone by Logitceh back then) and it's much more enjoyable.
Always wanted to play this one, the premise is too good to pass up.

Edit: Hmm, game showed up in the library but when I click on it there's no files. Tried that refresh trick but no luck.
Post edited October 16, 2015 by markrichardb
serpantino: Nice release. Bought Recettear ages ago on steam and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dungeon mechanics are a bit simple but the shop management is a lot of fun.
I agree. The dungeon segments get boring after a few such levels, but the shop management part requires careful planning, otherwise you might find yourself way short of the next instalment, with the due date looming (game over).
Not only Shantae's Risky's Revenge but also these games! Gog, my wallet weeps in agony. Please have mercy.

At least I refrained from buying all of these at that other store.
Great releases! Here's hoping we get Fortune Summoners as well.