It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somewhere, over the railroad.

<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, which contains the three games that put this sub-genre on track, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount. Buying each game individually grants you a 50% discount, instead.

There is something strangely exhilarating, wondrous, and just downright fun to playing with trains. Could be the fact that trains give the impression of moving on their own, almost like a living organism. Could also be about the unmistakably retro feel of the locomotive, which makes it seem like a relic of a bygone era that is still somehow relevant. Mostly, though, trains are cool because the views associated with riding them are consistently breathtaking.

To capture the magic of what the railroad meant for human transportation, one must go back to 1804, then slowly work their way closer and closer to modern times. <span class="bold">Railroad 2: Platinum</span> and <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon 3</span> are the best express tickets for such a journey, letting you build whole networks of railroad tracks, closely inspect the different types of available train engines, and take in the awesome landscapes. Once you have absorbed and mastered the craft of railroad management, ask the conductor to set course for <span class="bold">Sid Meier's Railroads!</span>. It is here that you will put those strategy/simulation skills to the test and try to build the grandest rail empire in the nation, despite your opponents' shrewd efforts to derail you.

Catch a ride to the history and challenges of the locomotive in the <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
The gamecard states that it is Railroad Tycoon 2 Platinum. I have the old boxed version of that. Does that mean, that it contains also the addon "Second century" as well as additional scenarios? Have not seen that info on the gamecard. Thanks in advance.
tokisto: Whohoo! Choo choo!
I love the RR games! Ok GOG, amazing move with 2K. Now I'll be waiting for Civ games (one can dream)
Anyone knows (Judas, where are you? :) if runs fine on Wine? Thanks!
JudasIscariot: I am at my windows machine at work ...working on the finishing touches for the 2K games :P
Thanks Judas! I will wait until you know that and abuse from your leisure time to work instead :p
I am at work too and going to buy the bundle anyway.
Oh, btw, is this the flood announced by you?
Post edited March 29, 2016 by tokisto
RT3 has awesome music peeps!
triock: RT3 has awesome music peeps!
It sure does. I love it. <3
Hmm. I already have Railroads! on Steam, but the difference between getting it all or just the Tycoon games is so small...
“Choo Choo Mother***kers!”

..RT2 wishlisted.
So out of the 3 railroad games, which one is the best? It looks like Sid Meier's Railroads is a re-release of the early '90s version?
Venita: It sure does. I love it. <3
:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUsWPtMhqLw&amp;list=PLjdy4KpzCrajVi0OLDwcXEw_IGEIjSd6b&amp;index=1
:O Bless you kind soul!
JudasIscariot: .....
Sorry to bother, but is there anything you can say about what Grargar mentioned, no Railroad Tycoon 1 being here? Is it because of legal reasons? (Otherwise, couldn't it + Deluxe be bundled with one or both of the other RT games?)
tfishell: Sorry to bother, but is there anything you can say about what Grargar mentioned, no Railroad Tycoon 1 being here? Is it because of legal reasons? (Otherwise, couldn't it + Deluxe be bundled with one or both of the other RT games?)
Maybe another company owns it?
tfishell: Sorry to bother, but is there anything you can say about what Grargar mentioned, no Railroad Tycoon 1 being here? Is it because of legal reasons? (Otherwise, couldn't it + Deluxe be bundled with one or both of the other RT games?)
This is what I found about the original (Sid Meier's) Railroad Tycoon. It looks like GOG got some updated version with 3D models. Has anyone tried it before?
animalmother2105: The gamecard states that it is Railroad Tycoon 2 Platinum. I have the old boxed version of that. Does that mean, that it contains also the addon "Second century" as well as additional scenarios? Have not seen that info on the gamecard. Thanks in advance.
Actually, the only place it mentions the Platinum edition is in the bonuses section, for the manual. It's possible that that was the only version of the RrT2 manual they were able to find a copy of. I guess one of the blues (or someone already familiar with the game who has purchased and tried this version) will have to clarify.
Hey guys, if anybody has bought railroad tycoon 3, could you please let us know if it works properly on gog?

I had bought this game only months ago on steam, but I have yet been able to get it to work, and I found out I wasn't the only one having problems with the steam version.

I would love to play this game.
ryanpowell19: Hey guys, if anybody has bought railroad tycoon 3, could you please let us know if it works properly on gog?

I had bought this game only months ago on steam, but I have yet been able to get it to work, and I found out I wasn't the only one having problems with the steam version.

I would love to play this game.
Yeah, I would also like to know how well the first 2 games run on Windows 7.