It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
mobutu: So QuakeIIIGold is only an "Arena" type of game (multiplayer)? No single at all?
There are single player modes of sorts, but they're essentially just bot-matches. The campaign is a series of those, with increasing difficulty.

More or less the same as in Unreal Tournament.

If you want to try it, you can take a look at the completely free OpenArena. It uses the same engine (which was made open-source by id) and gameplay as the original Quake III, but it replaces all the proprietary art assets and maps with free ones.
Spy_Gentleman: Price comparison in Euros between GOG and Steam. Discounts not included.

Quake 2 + MIssion Pack Ground Zero + Mission Pack The Reckoning:
GOG: 8,99
Steam: 19,97 (Main game costs 9,99 while each Mission Pack is priced for 4,99)

Quake 3 Arena + Team Arena
GOG: 17,99
Steam: 39,98 (Each of em costs 19,99)

Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny:
Steam: 9,98 (4,99 for each)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein:
Steam: 9,99
Quakelive = Quake3 for free
Question did you guys use the community patches to get quake 3 Arena running fine on windows 10? cause I remember there was a lot of problems getting it going on 7 and 10.

And how well is the aiming with modern systems? I am with my credit card out my wallet and waiting for info before this insta purchase of DOOM! :D
Post edited October 01, 2015 by DreamedArtist
Questions:

- I loved Quake 1, but are the other ones good too?
(which one, also compared to the Unreal games)

- I liked the free Wolfenstein Enemy Territory MP game based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Is RtCW worth too however? (for both SP and MP)
Post edited October 01, 2015 by phaolo
tinyE: And I wasn't aware Q3 even had a SP mode. Am I wrong on this, because in this case I'd LOVE to be wrong.
You can play against bots, but no campaign .
mobutu: So QuakeIIIGold is only an "Arena" type of game (multiplayer)? No single at all?
It has a single player campaign with bots. Though campaign might be a little strong, it's mostly just the multiplayer maps with bots strung together.

Unless I'm missing something.

I would pick it up if I could and just play the single player.
smrtgi19: i dont understand what germans have against NAZIs in this day and age
This has nothing to do with the games because
a) They are AGAINST Nazis
b) Just games

but do you really not know where the difference between a NAZI and a person who is a patriot is?
Post edited October 01, 2015 by MarkoH01
high rated
moonshineshadow: Please explain why you can not sell the Quake games?
They are on the same list as several other games you are selling to German people here which is not the list of games which are forbidden to be sold like Wolfenstein.

And just to be clear. We would not have this mess if you had not opened the German store front...
Quake II and Quake III have been indexed by the BPjM. It's an index entry for violence (StGB §131) so it would be possible to sell the title after a legally binding age verification, but public display for indexed products is not permitted by law.

Wolfenstein falls under StGB §86a - such titles may never be sold to Germany, but can be imported on a personal basis -, as would some other titles like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, but GOG doesn't seem to have checked all releases made in the past for unconstitutional symbols.

This is a problem that must be solved on a political basis, and there's nothing GOG can do. You're directing your anger towards the wrong people.
phaolo: Questions:

- I loved Quake 1, but are the other ones good too?
(which one, also compared to the Unreal games)

- I liked the free Wolfenstein Enemy Territory MP game based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Is RtCW worth too however? (for both SP and MP)
I don't know about the MP, but RTCW is one of my favourite games. The campaign is quite lengthy and diverse.
This release has almost ground the forums to a halt. :P
Well, we do hate Nazis, but they're not really the problem. The issue is that, in video games, the depiction of swastikas and other Nazi symbols, such as the SS rune, is illegal here.
bad_fur_day1: It has a single player campaign with bots. Though campaign might be a little strong, it's mostly just the multiplayer maps with bots strung together.

Unless I'm missing something.

I would pick it up if I could and just play the single player.
it is 100% single player if you know unreal tournament gold this is exactly like it but more insane in speed
XYCat: Quakelive = Quake3 for free
With very limited options that you have to pay a fee in order to get em.

http://www.quakelive.com/#!premium
moonshineshadow: Please explain why you can not sell the Quake games?
They are on the same list as several other games you are selling to German people here which is not the list of games which are forbidden to be sold like Wolfenstein.

And just to be clear. We would not have this mess if you had not opened the German store front...
ChrisTX: Quake II and Quake III have been indexed by the BPjM. It's an index entry for violence (StGB §131) so it would be possible to sell the title after a legally binding age verification, but public display for indexed products is not permitted by law.

This is a problem that must be solved on a political basis, and there's nothing GOG can do. You're directing your anger towards the wrong people
Yeah, but they are selling Harvester, Mortal Kombat and tons of other games on that list here. So why not Quake. This just does not make sense.

(and just for the record. I am not angry. I don't even want the games, and even if I wanted I could buy them easily) I just wonder about a situation that has no logic.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by moonshineshadow
InfraSuperman: Well, we do hate Nazis, but they're not really the problem. The issue is that, in video games, the depiction of swastikas and other Nazi symbols, such as the SS rune, is illegal here.
It is allowed in film/books though right?