It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
And I wasn't aware Q3 even had a SP mode. Am I wrong on this, because in this case I'd LOVE to be wrong.
So when will Doom 3 and Oblivion and Terminator comes here on GOG?

OH yeah the Heretic and Hexen games and Quake 4?
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Elmofongo
IronArcturus: Really? So Quake II can still use the original engine from 1997?
Why shouldn't it? Quake 1 can, even in the Windows version.
The-Business: So when I go abroad, ...
a) can I purchase games from there with my German credit card, paypal account, other payment method?
b) can I download these games after purchase when I am back to Germany?
Yes to both.
Post edited October 01, 2015 by Grargar
GOG.com: The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
smrtgi19: i dont understand what germans have against NAZIs in this day and age
That is the part I could never understand. In all the Wolf games, the player is fighting against the Nazis. So why would a series like that be completely banned in Germany? German gamers should not be punished for such an archaic law.
I had written an article in 1999 when i was in university as my English lesson final essay paper about differences between unreal and Quake engine. I had personally liked the unreal engine but quake was designed to work faster and brighter while Unreal was more stable. Miss those days.

Also, I spent like million hours on Quake 3 battles in our internet room. We were supposed to be studying yet we played quake 3 on LAN. There was one guy who was super amazing in such games, taking out all of other 6 by himself. He was a legend tho i cant even remember his name now :) I hated him cos I was the first person he always killed first. :))
high rated
Konrad: Hey guys,
It probably doesn't need to be said, but if it was only up to us - we'd love to release these games worldwide. In this particular case, the games' publisher is forbidden from offering the titles to German customers, and we have to respect these limitations.

Still, we did not want to refuse the games altogether, simply because we felt this would be unfair to gamers from all remaining 190+ countries.
MaGo72: Trash the German store front, problem solved. :)
No, it wouldn't. If the publisher told them that they aren't allow to sell in Germany they had to follow their wishes.
The prices are insane. (as is the region-locking) I hope GOG earns more from the German store than they lose...
Spy_Gentleman: Quake 3 Arena + Team Arena
GOG: 17,99
Steam: 39,98 (Each of em costs 19,99)
Not true. Both can be bought for 19.99 on Steam.
Awesome releases.

I feel sorry for the germans though.
Refusing them altogether would be much worse than limiting them because of laws.

Keep it up.
Fun fact: the indexing of a certain medium is revoked automatically after 25 years, UNLESS the agency in charge of indexing (BPJm) wishes to keep a game/movie/whatever restricted, in which case a new indexing process would have to be initiated to determine if a given medium is still to be considered harmful.

By that logic, Quake 2 would wander off the index in 2022 and Quake 3 would follow in 2024. Unless Bethesda applies for a re-evaluation of the games, which costs money and could result in a confirmation of the indexing. >_>
The-Business: So when I go abroad, ...
a) can I purchase games from there with my German credit card, paypal account, other payment method?
b) can I download these games after purchase when I am back to Germany?
I'm pretty sure you can. Heck, you can even stay in your german chair in front of your german PC in your german flat from your german town in your german country ... and just let your IP go "abroad" ;)
IAmSinistar: So it looks like that deal extends to all Bethesda titles.
It's mentioned in the release announcement and in each and every one of bethesda gamecards on gog ...
michaschm: Better research the Jewish Question than play this stupid propaganda game Wolfenstein
Who cares? It's a little video game nothing more. Some pixelcolisions and some sound effects. I really mark the day in my calendar when people finally will understand this.
Just downloaded and started the Wolf games.

GOG! Care to explain THIS!?
low rated
And another game off my list:

Wolfenstein 3D
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quake games

Armies of Exigo
Bohemia Library
Blade of Darkness
Diablo 1 and 2
Starcraft 1
Warcraft Trilogy