It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate is here.

<span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span>, in which adventure continues beyond The Gate, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's you, and your band of companions, against the world. A brand new fantasy world! A realm of long lost treasures and ancient mysteries buried beneath the depths of monster-infested dungeons. <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> sets out to redefine all that we know about character building, questing, and grinding. The thrill of the uncharted, the wonder of a sprawling, classic RPG epic is finally back!

Pillars of Eternity comes in three editions. The Hero Edition includes the base game, but more loot awaits the collectors out there!
The Champion Edition comes packed with special bonus content, including a full digital soundtrack, a high-res map, a campaign almanac, and more!
Royal Edition packs in even more bonus content. In addition to the Champion Edition goodies, four additional pieces of content exclusive to the Royal Edition can be yours now: a digital novella by Chris Avellone, collector's book PDF, high-resolution concept art, and a digital strategy guide.

If you bought the Hero Edition or Champion Edition, and you like the goodies included in the larger editions, all hope is not lost. We're currently working on making edition upgrades available for Pillars of Eternity . Stay tuned for future updates!

Gather your party and venture forth. <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> is finally out now, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Check it out on Twitch.tv/GOGcom!
The one and only TotalBiscuit will be taking Pillars of Eternity today, March 26th at 9pm GMT / 5pm EDT / 2pm PDT!
Afterwards, our regular and beloved Outstar will have her turn - come join her at 11pm GMT / 7pm EDT / 4pm PDT.
blotunga: Started as a Wizard, looks nice for now. BTW, why can i buy the game again if I already own it? Seems like a bug in the page. I have the Hero Edition and yet I can buy it again for my account...
Fucking pre-order exclusives. The ones now available to buy have different game IDs.

While not nearly as bad as AoW3 it still pisses me off. Anyone know if they will be available to purchase later? Timed exclusive I would be fine with as well.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by Gydion
Gydion: Timed exclusive I would be fine with as well.
You missed the timed exclusive, it was the "pre-ordering." Not trying to be an ass, just, that's what it was.
drealmer7: You missed the timed exclusive, it was the "pre-ordering." Not trying to be an ass, just, that's what it was.
I'm aware the "pre-ordering" is over. I meant that it would be available to everyone who bought the game a year from now, 6 months or whatever time frame. Alternatively, just let me buy it.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by Gydion
Nirth: People live differently, have different priorities. Is that so strange?
Well I certainly wasn't expecting that as a reply. Yes I know that people have different lives. When I said that, I was expressing an emotion. Partly of frustration and disappointment that I don't have the time that other people have.
Redeemed my royal edition on GOG (two items wouldnt download on gogdownloader but double checking the items listed..all are there) :). Flicking through the digital collectors book - anyone got the hardcover copy?. worth it? ($50ish at EB - saw it today but it was sealed...)
I heard that there was going to be a day one-ish patch, true or not true? If true I'll just wait until that comes out before downloading.
For those wanting to know more opinions on the game, some from the crate and crowbar game podcast 2 or 3 minutes in and they start discussing the game

http://crateandcrowbar.com/2015/03/27/episode-085-forget-it-jake-its-pootown/

Generally they liked it. Including the fact that you are not forced to grind, XP comes from finishing a level rather than beating up on everything so you choose how you want to play. Apparently it can be a long game if you want.
blotunga: Started as a Wizard, looks nice for now. BTW, why can i buy the game again if I already own it? Seems like a bug in the page. I have the Hero Edition and yet I can buy it again for my account...
Gydion: Fucking pre-order exclusives. The ones now available to buy have different game IDs.

While not nearly as bad as AoW3 it still pisses me off. Anyone know if they will be available to purchase later? Timed exclusive I would be fine with as well.
Yepp, pre-order exclusives are evil... and in some cases like Dragon Age: Origins I simply downloaded them from other sources after I saw that the "Complete" version didn't had all and you couldn't get them legally.
ShadowWulfe: I heard that there was going to be a day one-ish patch, true or not true? If true I'll just wait until that comes out before downloading.
Said patch is already included in the current GOG install files. Source: JudasIscariot
I had to go with the steam release for this one.

The price difference in GoG's € compared to Steam's NOK is too big.
low rated
Definitely looks like a decent game worth grabbing for <= $2.99 during a seasonal promo sale in the future. Wishlisted.
Gydion: Fucking pre-order exclusives. The ones now available to buy have different game IDs.

Have you even checked what the pre-order exclusive items are? Or are you just angry because they even exist? As far as I know (I was a backer and got the pre-order exclusive items too) they consist of two items. One being a space piglet pet which follows you around and the other being a ring which says you pre-ordered the product. If that's what is pissing you off, then I don't really know what to say.

Again, I'm a backer so I don't have the options of "Royal" and "Champion" editions, but the bonuses you get from those editions are novellas, manuals, maps, posters, mp3s etc. Since when does that mean that the Hero edition is incomplete?
ArPharazon: and the other being a ring which says you pre-ordered the product.
the ring is very useful for early game, it has a couple of heals per rest.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by zavlin
Tarhiel: I have the same issue. I guess you backed the game on Kickstarter, just as I did, and maybe the Kickstarter copies of the keys do this. I bet if you would buy game directly here, it would be properly greyed out.
drealmer7: You can simply buy more copies of any game here. Now, with a game you got a key for because of a KS, it might display differently and not say "owned" on the game page because the versions you got with your KS may not be any copy they actually sell here, but rest assured you own your copy and you can buy other copies of the versions they sell here if you want to. Why? Say you want to buy one for a friend or to make a gift giveaway on the forums, buying the game again allows you to do that. Now, in order to buy a copy to give to someone else of a game that doesn't say "owned" on the page for you, simply click it as a "giftable item" once you are in check out, that will put the game into a code which you can then give to someone else to redeem or simply redeem it later for yourself, if you buy a game without doing any of that, it simply goes on your shelf as one of your games.
Eh, thanks;
You probably haven´t noticed blotunga just said he bought it here - in that case it´s a outright bug.
Also, just because you´re backer, you shouldn´t have a erroneous display of game you already own mark as not own.

And all that stuff you wrote about giftable items - yes, I know that.
Still not a reason for a erroneous display of game you own.
ShadowWulfe: I heard that there was going to be a day one-ish patch, true or not true? If true I'll just wait until that comes out before downloading.
DProject: Said patch is already included in the current GOG install files. Source: JudasIscariot
Brahsome, downloading now. Thanks holmes.