It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
Gog: the place where you go to get Steam's leftovers :P
Another release i wasn't expecting... graphically it's unique and reminds me of minecraft...

I'll buy this later...
Austrobogulator: Gog: the place where you go to get Steam's leftovers :P
Actually, it's back on Steam as well. =P
What leftovers?
No, thanks. Bring me the flamethrower.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Pardinuz
Tannath: Actually, it's back on Steam as well. =P
It looks like the company that made the game sold all the rights to another company after the fiasco/debacle/PR nightmare thing.
CarrionCrow: It looks like the company that made the game sold all the rights to another company after the fiasco/debacle/PR nightmare thing.
Well if you consider they signed their own death warrant when they got pulled from steam and steam being the primary selling target platform they were going for...

The whole thing went way out of proportion. Why does everyone have to be super sensitive? No one has anything like a thick skin or able to accept sarcasm or criticism.
JudasIscariot: What leftovers?
Thought the same thing. My face was all ''QUÉ?"'
rtcvb32: snip
Oh, is this the "* death threats *" story ? If that's it it completely slipped out of my mind. For obvious reasons.
This could be the next Lego FPS, no? :P
CarrionCrow: It looks like the company that made the game sold all the rights to another company after the fiasco/debacle/PR nightmare thing.
rtcvb32: Well if you consider they signed their own death warrant when they got pulled from steam and steam being the primary selling target platform they were going for...

The whole thing went way out of proportion. Why does everyone have to be super sensitive? No one has anything like a thick skin or able to accept sarcasm or criticism.
It's business. You can say certain things to people you're close to, because they know whether or not you're serious.

But doing it in business? Publicly and world-wide? As soon as that tweet hit the net, they were doomed.
Ah, didn't notice it was back on Steam too. Crazy, I thought it would never come back.
rtcvb32: Well if you consider they signed their own death warrant when they got pulled from steam and steam being the primary selling target platform they were going for...

Yep, death threats are pretty much the most helpful form of criticism.
Post edited February 13, 2015 by Austrobogulator
For those hesitant, this is a great game. Stunning visuals, fun as hell, excellent soundtrack - a bit too techno for me- and fluid control make this a must buy. Linux port is "whoopee" to me :P
CarrionCrow: As soon as that tweet hit the net, they were doomed.
The world moves too fast... :(