It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast. Frantic. FPS. Roguelike.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, a frantic roguelike FPS, is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30%* launch discount.

Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition combines two insanely fun and popular gameplay elements into what can only be described as a winning formula. It's fast and frantically classic FPS action, where unpredictable movement and precise aim are essential, mixed in with the difficulty and randomization of modern roguelikes. You'll travel between closed arenas with increasingly more challenging and unusual enemies in a fully-randomized, retro styled environment. It's gonna get messy, so how long will you last?

Can you blast your way to the end of this unpredictable dungeon? Unlikely. Still, you can now find out in Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition, DRM-free on GOG.com!

*the discount was increased from 25% to 30%. If you happened to purchase the game with the lower discount, please get in touch with our customer support. We'll make it better!
Vythonaut: This could be the next Lego FPS, no? :P
:D
I've just played the early access version and still got the feeling that this game should've had a lan mode, dunno why.
One thing I'm curious about: what are the pluses on this "deluxe atonement edition" compared to the steam one (which I own and didn't play since it got out of E.A.)?
Austrobogulator: Gog: the place where you go to get Steam's leftovers :P
JudasIscariot: What leftovers?
I think is talking about the game being removed from Steam due to the author tweeting about wanting to kill Gabe Newell, a stuff like that.
Hmm an indie I am actually interested in. A rare occurance indeed. Anybody played it? How hard is it?
Could someone fill me in on this one? I didn't even know this game existed until today and apparently there is a story behind something stupid PR-wise that the original (?) pub/dev did? Like worse than Daikatana ads bad?
Vythonaut: This could be the next Lego FPS, no? :P
vicklemos: :D
I've just played the early access version and still got the feeling that this game should've had a lan mode, dunno why.
One thing I'm curious about: what are the pluses on this "deluxe atonement edition" compared to the steam one (which I own and didn't play since it got out of E.A.)?
1 new level type, 1 new weapon and 1 new item.
xxxIndyxxx: Hmm an indie I am actually interested in. A rare occurance indeed. Anybody played it? How hard is it?
It depends on which character you pick :)

I would recommend starting off with the Tank as he has the most health and the best boss killing weapon: the Cannon :)

It's quite challenging, for me at least, as it can start resembling a bullet hell in the later levels :)
CarrionCrow: As soon as that tweet hit the net, they were doomed.
rtcvb32: The world moves too fast... :(
Nah, the world moves as fast as your brain can go. They should have thought before they went off.

I'm not a businessman by a long shot, but if you're putting stuff out as the face of a company, you REALLY need to watch what the hell you're doing.

Pulp Fiction comes to mind, when they're talking about the guy who got thrown through a glass greenhouse for rubbing someone's feet.

The person probably didn't expect the competition to react the way that they did, but they had to expect a reaction.
low rated
Already have this game on Steam so i'll pass. :D

And after the whole Twitter drama about this game i wouldn't want to give the developers my money anyway.
xxxIndyxxx: Hmm an indie I am actually interested in. A rare occurance indeed. Anybody played it? How hard is it?
JudasIscariot: It depends on which character you pick :)

I would recommend starting off with the Tank as he has the most health and the best boss killing weapon: the Cannon :)

It's quite challenging, for me at least, as it can start resembling a bullet hell in the later levels :)
Can you compare it's difficulty to other games? Let's say Tower of Guns?

Don't wanna nose in, Judas, but how's the Linux version? I remember that developers had a tough time with it.
Oh, so it's back, and on Steam too, but through a new publisher.
No need for me to rebuy it then. :P

I'm glad the game itself is back but I still resent Valve's reaction. Removing unilaterally the game from their shop because of PR is overly criticable. They shouldn't have handled it that way. Besides, the overly criticable reaction from that Mike guy was founded on a criticable messing up from Valve's side...
But again, I resent Valve and Steam for quite a bit of reasons anyway, so. :P

I also quite can't stand people throwing rocks at COde Avarice. Makes me think of those stupid "Je suis Charlie" people. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

But whatever, another decent game on GOG, gratz!

vicklemos: Don't wanna nose in, Judas, but how's the Linux version? I remember that developers had a tough time with it.
I played the version that we received before we recieved the Atonement Edition and I had no problems so, unless something got changed drastically, you should have no problems running this version :)
FlamingFirewire: Could someone fill me in on this one? I didn't even know this game existed until today and apparently there is a story behind something stupid PR-wise that the original (?) pub/dev did? Like worse than Daikatana ads bad?
Here you go. =)

xxxIndyxxx: Can you compare it's difficulty to other games? Let's say Tower of Guns?
Hmmmmm kind of but there is a slight twist to this one as the enemies really make no sound, unless I missed something because I am damn near deaf :P, and they move around unlike the majority of ToG's enemies.

I have yet to beat the levels in PA whereas I've had a winning run in ToG :)
Zoidberg: Oh, so it's back, and on Steam too, but through a new publisher.
No need for me to rebuy it then. :P

I'm glad the game itself is back but I still resent Valve's reaction. Removing unilaterally the game from their shop because of PR is overly criticable. They shouldn't have handled it that way. Besides, the overly criticable reaction from that Mike guy was founded on a criticable messing up from Valve's side...
But again, I resent Valve and Steam for quite a bit of reasons anyway, so. :P

I also quite can't stand people throwing rocks at COde Avarice. Makes me think of those stupid "Je suis Charlie" people. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

But whatever, another decent game on GOG, gratz!
I though it just took a while to flip over to showing Full release instead of Beta, he just went crazy.
It's back on Steam because Code Averice sold the game.