It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The terrors of terraforming.

Pandora: First Contact Gold Edition is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 69% launch discount until December 26.
Power struggles, greed, and misguided ideas have left Earth in tatters. Now Pandora is to be the incubator of humanity's last hope for prosperity. And yet, giant monsters and hostile flora prove to be quite the challenge for the factions, as they struggle tame the land, develop new technologies, strike uneasy alliances, and utilize all their 4X strategies, one turn at a time.

Check out the rest of the Slitherine Ltd. space epics which arrived together with this at GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Wooo, Slitherine. Now I'm excited.
JudasIscariot: Fixed :)
muntdefems: Could you fix the release date too, please? :P
I thought it looked damn good for the release date
Looks interesting. Wishlisted for now.

btw.:
Any hope for that other game with a planet called Pandora. You know, the one with a lot of shooting...
viperfdl: Looks interesting. Wishlisted for now.

btw.:
Any hope for that other game with a planet called Pandora. You know, the one with a lot of shooting...
Had to look that up, yeh I'd like to see that here too
The developers might have been just a tad inspired by Alpha Centauri. It seems not only I think so. Nice looking release.
Ghorpm: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with some graphical lifting? Hmm, I'll have to take a look...
Original reviews said it couldn't hold a candle to SMAC in terms of complexity and mechanics. Don't know if or how this game has developed since then.
Ok, what exactly is a "gold edition" here? Is it different from release available on This Other Digital Platform That Should Not Be Named Here?. Most imprtantly - does it contains 'Eclipse of Nashira' DLC?
Because in vanilla version (at least in version released on This Other... etc AI is - there's no other word for it, believe me - clinicaly retarded, to the point when it making the game borderline unplayable.
Mr_GeO: Ok, what exactly is a "gold edition" here? Is it different from release available on This Other Digital Platform That Should Not Be Named Here?. Most imprtantly - does it contains 'Eclipse of Nashira' DLC?
Because in vanilla version (at least in version released on This Other... etc AI is - there's no other word for it, believe me - clinicaly retarded, to the point when it making the game borderline unplayable.
Yes, it contains the 'Eclipse of Nashira' DLC :)

The Gold Edition is basically the game + DLC all in one.
Thank you so much for releasing this! :O

I'm really surprised to see this here, but happy never the less! Instabuy!

There aren't too many modern games that even come close to Alpha Centauri, and I'm glad it's here. Regardless of how complex it is when compared to that vintage classic, it should also be judged on its own merits. It's not the same game. It probably has more related to Civilization: Beyond Earth, even though it came out and I knew of it before Beyond Earth was even announced. I find it peculiar how Beyond Earth felt so much like this, actually....

I'd still get Beyond Earth if it came here though. I heard it's expansion added a lot of depth to the game. I have also read that Pandora has received a lot of patches and some good updates. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it :)

Keep em coming!
victorchopin: SLITHERINE?!!!?
HERE?!!?

*judgment day tune rolls on*

AEEE YEAAAH
Holy! How the? What the?

Wow. I am going to be on guard for the second coming now.
JudasIscariot: Yes, it contains the 'Eclipse of Nashira' DLC :)

The Gold Edition is basically the game + DLC all in one.
All right, thanks Judas.

In this case maybe I give it a second chance...
Okay, maybe I misunderstand something, but it looks more RTS than 4X to me???
For $10, it's not bad.

But:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/pandora_smac_spiritual_successor_ruined_by_one_idiot
Another nice release. And I can justify buying this again because I only have the base game and not the DLC.
musteriuz: Okay, maybe I misunderstand something, but it looks more RTS than 4X to me???
This is a turn based 4X game, not an RTS. It is about founding a colony on an alien planet and dealing with the indigenous life and other factions from earth.

Think Alpha Centauri and Beyond Earth.