It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
What should seem like good news is totally tempered by Galaxy. Not sure if I'm still a customer here or not...
Good to see GOG become more proactive in re-publish old games.

Hoping to see Woodruff arrive here at some point, if the Gobliiins series could be purchased by DotEmu then I'm sure the less popular Woodruff also could.
JMich: Woohoo! Fantasy General!
JudasIscariot: Notice who the publisher is? :D
Holy! Greatest news ever!
MrFortyFive: ...Could be great news for indies as well! ...
Trilarion: You mean GOG becomes publisher for Indies?? This is risky. I would think several times before doing that. Investing in abandoned but top voted games from the wishlist seems still like a safer alternative.
Risky indeed. That's most likely something they would only want to do when they've been at this a while and have a better handle on what they're doing. Certainly, investing in those abandoned games is much safer. Still, the potential is there.
budejovice: What should seem like good news is totally tempered by Galaxy. Not sure if I'm still a customer here or not...
May I ask what you mean by "tempered by Galaxy"?
budejovice: What should seem like good news is totally tempered by Galaxy. Not sure if I'm still a customer here or not...
JudasIscariot: May I ask what you mean by "tempered by Galaxy"?
There is a small but vocal minority of GoG users that can't stand the fact that GoG is now in the 'run games through a client' business, no matter how optional it is.
Great news indeed. The publishing thing opens up new possibilities. But I am particualrly happy about Pacific General. There are not many strategy games set in the Pacific of 1941-45.
Good news mollified, "reduced in intensity". The Galaxy spread on the front page hurts. My trust of clients and sites who use them are well documented here. :)
synfresh: There is a small but vocal minority of GoG users that can't stand the fact that GoG is now in the 'run games through a client' business, no matter how optional it is.
One thing I am curious about with GOG Galaxy. Let's say I have a bunch of games installed through GOG Galaxy. Now imagine that for reasons of exceptional proportions GOG disappeared. Will Galaxy continue to run all the games that I have already downloaded with it? Or will Galaxy quit working all together, and the installed games would have to be run manually?
jalister: One thing I am curious about with GOG Galaxy. Let's say I have a bunch of games installed through GOG Galaxy. Now imagine that for reasons of exceptional proportions GOG disappeared. Will Galaxy continue to run all the games that I have already downloaded with it? Or will Galaxy quit working all together, and the installed games would have to be run manually?
Hopefully all games installed by Galaxy will always run fully independent of Galaxy (except for multiplayer matchmaking maybe) even if GOG is still there.

That is the beauty of saying that Galaxy is fully optional. It means you can stop using it at any time without loosing anything about your games. At least that's how I understood it.
Hopefully the first of more releases from the SSI catalog of wargames.

Speaking of Wargames,since GOG does have a deal with Firaxis, maybe there is hope for Sid Meire's Gettysburg and it's sequel, Sid Miere's Antietam.
dudalb: Hopefully the first of more releases from the SSI catalog of wargames.

Speaking of Wargames,since GOG does have a deal with Firaxis, maybe there is hope for Sid Meire's Gettysburg and it's sequel, Sid Miere's Antietam.
GOG doesn't have a deal with Firaxis, since Firaxis isn't a publisher.
synfresh: There is a small but vocal minority of GoG users that can't stand the fact that GoG is now in the 'run games through a client' business, no matter how optional it is.
Just imagine how quiet and peaceful it will be here should they decide to stop participating here end their patronage. The gains would outweigh the loss IMHO, but time will tell wont it. ;)
This is endlessly amazing!
Well done, GOG! Keep on rocking!
OK, E.A. then.
But GoG has published several games from the Sid Meire catalog,including a couple of Firaxis games. so still hope that we will get Meire's Civil war games.
And I jus saw that GOG is now publishing games. Hopefully their acquisition of two of the general games means they got the rights to more SSI classics.