It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
tfishell: Gaben pls. :(
Grargar: Deal with it.
isn't that more a microsoft thing? ;)

[i refer, of course, to the adam orth fiasco from about two years ago at the release of the xbox one ;) - if i'm recalling correctly...]
lostwolfe: isn't that more a microsoft thing? ;)

[i refer, of course, to the adam orth fiasco from about two years ago at the release of the xbox one ;) - if i'm recalling correctly...]
Deal with it predates the Adam Orth fiasco.
lostwolfe: isn't that more a microsoft thing? ;)

Grargar: Deal with it predates the Adam Orth fiasco.
oh, of course. ;)

i just thought: "in the vein of big publishers..."
GOG.com: Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible (...)
What are ya, trying to fool me, GOG? :P
Attachments:
vish.png (41 Kb)
Have you actually tried to contact Gabe/Valve about bringing Half-Life and Portal here?
Barry_Woodward: Have you actually tried to contact Gabe/Valve about bringing Half-Life and Portal here?
No but we know his email address and that he sometimes responds, so it might actually be worth at least trying to get SOME kind of response. For now, maybe you want to try emailing him, Barry? (And definitely mention that exclusivity quote!)
If there's ever been a release that deserves praise in form of a highly offensive sexual comment it's this one. Alas, I've decided not to post those anymore.
tfishell: No but we know his email address and that he sometimes responds, so it might actually be worth at least trying to get SOME kind of response. For now, maybe you want to try emailing him, Barry? (And definitely mention that exclusivity quote!)
Let me know his email via PM and I'll see what I can do.
Barry_Woodward: Have you actually tried to contact Gabe/Valve about bringing Half-Life and Portal here?
valve's probable response:

http://recruitingdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/08/wait-who-the-hell-are-you.jpg
Here is a new GOGmix for games published by GOG, for what it's worth.

http://www.gog.com/mix/games_published_by_gog?ccr=y
lostwolfe: oh, of course. ;)

Don't forget that Gabe Newell used to work for Microsoft for 13 years.
Here's my first draft:

"Dear Gabe Newell,

Since exclusivity is a bad idea for everyone, would you ever consider releasing Half-Life and Portal on GOG.com DRM-free? Seriously. Since CD Projekt (the parent company of GOG) sells The Witcher series on Steam, why not return the favor? There's no doubt they would sell well enough to be worth the trouble. What have you got to lose? Think about it.

Sincerely DRM-free,
Barry Woodward"
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
lostwolfe: oh, of course. ;)

Grargar: Don't forget that Gabe Newell used to work for Microsoft for 13 years.
true :)
Barry_Woodward: Here's my first draft:

"Dear Gabe Newell,

Since exclusivity is a bad idea for everyone, would you ever consider releasing Half-Life and Portal on GOG.com DRM-free? Seriously, why not? Since CD Projekt (the parent company of GOG) sells The Witcher series on Steam, why not return the favor? There's no doubt DRM-free versions of Half-Life and Portal would sell well enough to be worth the trouble. What have you got to lose? Think about it.

Sincerely DRM-free,
Barry Woodward"
Sounds good. But I don't have much hope that he will react in any way.

But back to topic:
WOHOOO! Fantasy General! IMO the best instalment of the General series!
BillyMaysFan59: Here is a new GOGmix for games published by GOG, for what it's worth.

http://www.gog.com/mix/games_published_by_gog?ccr=y
Good deal. Let's hope this one grows quickly!