It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crime for some fun.

Mafia II and Mafia III are now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com. Each of the three Mafia games is 50% off individually or 66% off if you purchase them all together (the Family special, if you will). Offer lasts until April 05, 6pm UTC.

Mafia II tells the highly cinematic story of Vito and Joe, two Empire Bay friends in the 50s, who start out thick as thieves. Also extortionists. Sometimes assassins. All around wise guys. As their status inside the family grows, so will their troubles, requiring them to shoot, race, punch, or simply outlast everything the criminal life throws at them.

Mafia III introduces Lincoln, a hardened Vietnam veteran who thinks he's earned himself a fresh start, away from his criminal past. But life has other plans and those include betrayal, fierce gunfights, and brutal action, as he's forced to carve himself a path to the top of organized crime through the sweaty, treacherous swamplands of New Bordeaux.
Boost his firepower and expand upon his dramatic story with the DLC packs Sign of the Times, Stones Unturned, Faster, Baby!, and Family Kick Back Pack.
Or simply go for the Deluxe Edition, which includes the whole lot of them.

For a more comprehensive view of all the Mafia games and DLC, drive yourself over here.
This is funny...
Do you know that the was DEMO of MAFIA 2 the reason why I opened my first Steam account, back in November 2011?...

When I downloaded the DEMO, the readme file told me that I needed something called Steam account for to install and play the game... The rest is history...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Digital_CHE
Ixamyakxim: Nice releases! And hopefully a solid portent of things 2 (K) come?

How are these by the way? I had always heard rave reviews of the first game - the reviews here seem to mostly indicate these stack up (though maybe not quite the same as the original).
Mafia 2 is pretty great, it deserves all the praise it got/gets. My only complaint is that the city is merely a backdrop and nothing more, it doesn't have much personality or interesting lore or anything like that. So in that sense, it's got one of the more boring cities that has been host to an open world game, not bad by any means but generally uninteresting. Luckily you never spend too much time free roaming, it's a very mission/level based game despite technically being open world, if that makes sense?
NoNewTaleToTell: it's a very mission/level based game despite technically being open world, if that makes sense?
Cool thanks! And yup that makes total sense - I had always heard / read that about these games. Open world, but very "tight" and linear with a strong story driving them along (and at least in the first one the major draw was a lot of unique and varied missions if I remember right).
Ixamyakxim:
NoNewTaleToTell: My only complaint is that the city is merely a backdrop and nothing more,
Just like #1.
AlienMind: Bought the 3rd one with all 4 DLCs. Installed the DRM free version (i.e. Non-Galaxy). On launch, game phones home, which I denied using my personal firewall. The Weapons-DLC is not activating, but that's aight. Game runs great and looks beautiful (gtx970 here). Saw a barfing man with a crocodile rubber mask on the street driving by. Am happy. Looking forward playing this tomorrow.
Gurlok: How come the dlc weapons are not activating? I hope it's not because you denied internet access to the game, that would be a turn off, if the game required to phone home in order to make dlc work.
I play on an offline machine and all dlcs were activated without problem. DLC weapons are available from the weapon dealer.
NoNewTaleToTell: My only complaint is that the city is merely a backdrop and nothing more,
tinyE: Just like #1.
True. I forget, did Mafia 1 have seasons? That's one thing I really liked about Mafia 2, the different seasons, which even affected the driving physics. I need to restart my playthrough of Mafia 1 but it ran badly and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Gurlok: How come the dlc weapons are not activating? I hope it's not because you denied internet access to the game, that would be a turn off, if the game required to phone home in order to make dlc work.
All 3 other DLC is working, as it shows ".. is activated" after you start the game. Maybe just the ".. is activated" does not show and I'm not so far into the game, I don't know. It's OK for me as I don't like given OP weapons at game start anyways.
Oh btw, game's great. Can recommend it for everyone who liked Story Mode in GTAV. It's not as hard hitting (no wonder with the budget of GTAV) but still very fun and different areas with houses underwater you can drive by with boat and other scenery is very cool.
Post edited April 04, 2018 by AlienMind
russellskanne: I play on an offline machine and all dlcs were activated without problem. DLC weapons are available from the weapon dealer.
AlienMind: All 3 other DLC is working, as it shows ".. is activated" after you start the game. Maybe just the ".. is activated" does not show and I'm not so far into the game, I don't know. It's OK for me as I don't like given OP weapons at game start anyways.
Oh btw, game's great. Can recommend it for everyone who liked Story Mode in GTAV. It's not as hard hitting (no wonder with the budget of GTAV) but still very fun and different areas with houses underwater you can drive by with boat and other scenery is very cool.
Oh I see, thanks to the both of you!
Post edited April 04, 2018 by Gurlok
Mattmd3: Excited to see these games here at last. Not enough money to get em both now, but got the first one. As far as the discussions about the publishers making it DRM-free, they must've been seeing enough returns when they returned the original Mafia to think that it was worth it to bring the others. So I'm glad for that.
deja65: For Mafia II i am really glad they brought it here.But Mafia III is really not worth it.The only reason it is here is that is has sold poorly on Steam and they just want to milk it as much as possible.Disgusting to be honest.Cheers
I am a big fan of Mafia II and am so glad to have it now that it is here. The first game is ace too. I have not played III yet. I was already interested in III due to my love of the first games in the series...but I have to say that III not appealing to SCHEME users makes it even more appealing to me!
deja65: For Mafia II i am really glad they brought it here.But Mafia III is really not worth it.The only reason it is here is that is has sold poorly on Steam and they just want to milk it as much as possible.Disgusting to be honest.Cheers
rjbuffchix: I am a big fan of Mafia II and am so glad to have it now that it is here. The first game is ace too. I have not played III yet. I was already interested in III due to my love of the first games in the series...but I have to say that III not appealing to SCHEME users makes it even more appealing to me!
Glad to hear that ;).Cheers
Thank you GOG!

:]
badon: Just because you don't know any of the ways it can happen, does not mean there are no ways it can happen. I have lost 2 games because of Steam or Steam DRM.
StingingVelvet: Unless you explain how that could possibly happen I'm going with the facts, sorry.
Expiring keys. Expiring key redemption periods. Key revocations or bans (grey market, stolen, etc). Time-limited keys. There. I think that's sufficient to show it can and does happen with DRM, but never with DRM-free. I'm sure with a little more research, you can find other ways for a legitimate customer to be deprived of their games.
badon: Expiring keys. Expiring key redemption periods. Key revocations or bans (grey market, stolen, etc). Time-limited keys. There. I think that's sufficient to show it can and does happen with DRM, but never with DRM-free. I'm sure with a little more research, you can find other ways for a legitimate customer to be deprived of their games.
Buying illegitimate keys is the opposite of being a legitimate customer.
badon: Expiring keys. Expiring key redemption periods. Key revocations or bans (grey market, stolen, etc). Time-limited keys. There. I think that's sufficient to show it can and does happen with DRM, but never with DRM-free. I'm sure with a little more research, you can find other ways for a legitimate customer to be deprived of their games.
StingingVelvet: Buying illegitimate keys is the opposite of being a legitimate customer.
The key is not the customer. I'm sure you already know that. It is included for completeness, among the several others.

Only a seller knows if their keys are legitimate, and even then the keys could be revoked without notice or wrongdoing on anyone's part, for unrelated reasons. The buyers are much less likely to be aware of the source of the keys they buy. In one of the cases I'm thinking of, the keys originated with a legitimate source, and were lost by accident and subsequently revoked as a precaution, without necessarily ever becoming illegitimate. Customers that lost their games that way would need to plead their case to the developers to get their games back.

I'm sure you can think of lots of other ways this could work to the detriment of the gamer.
badon: I'm sure you can think of lots of other ways this could work to the detriment of the gamer.
I can think of lots of ways DRM is to the detriment of the legitimate owner, which is why I am anti-DRM in general. However it is disingenuous to spread the idea that Steam randomly deletes games from your account for no reason. Stick to the sites everyone knows are legitimate and you'll have no issues.