It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Make them like they used to.

Mad Games Tycoon is now available at 20% off until January 29, 2PM UTC.
Ah, yes, the glorious 80s'. When garage studios were cranking out classic game after classic game. That's how you'll start too, gradually expanding your team, implementing new technologies, and upgrading your office space until you create your dream game, the one that you know can become a megahit. But then, how will you distribute it? Will you lock it behind Copy Protection? Is it worth signing a movie deal for it? Game on!
tinyE: You know what musical would make a great game, Rocky Horror.
https://youtu.be/ZeIfwxM9hd8?t=16
Have fun. ;)
(I played it back then - it wasn't that great)
maladr0Id: Now there's a novel idea.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/rocky-interactive-horror-show
Post edited January 22, 2018 by MarianFA
paladin181: How is this different or better than Game Dev Tycoon? Except that Game Dev Tycoon isn't here (and should be).

And how do you put this game on here, a carbon copy of another game, but Opus Magnum is declined?
This looks like an almost 50-50 blend of Game Dev Tycoon and Theme Hospital. The trailer appears to show that you build your own office which you don't do in GDT but do in TH.

I am just wishlisting it for now; I have plenty of other things to play at the moment.
DoomSooth: There's a Rocky Horror game for the Commodore 64.
And for the Sinclair Spectrun and Amstrad CPC.
GOG.com: Will you lock it behind Copy Protection?
Sounds like the game has DRM and therefore shouldn't be sold here.

Well, the DRM is (possibly) on the fictional games you produce and not the real game that the fictional games reside in, so I guess that's OK.

(This post not meant to be serious.)
paladin181: How is this different or better than Game Dev Tycoon? Except that Game Dev Tycoon isn't here (and should be).
Thanks for the info! I had vague recollections that gog declined a tycoon title revolving around video game development and that the devs of that game wanted to give gog another try. When this showed up here, I immediately thought that this would be it. Sad to see that this isn't the case.

And how do you put this game on here, a carbon copy of another game, but Opus Magnum is declined?
Game Dev Tycoon is just a Game Dev Story rip-off.
Ugh, that art design on the store banner graphic looks kinda ugly.

Releases like this make question why so many fantastic indies have been rejected in the past. Doesn't look too special compared to other game company management games.
Post edited January 22, 2018 by ShadowOwl
christianknight: Really guys? Singing a movie deal? Don't you mean signing a movie deal?
I used to be a game developer like you. Then I took a castrato in the knee...

eliseus: Game Dev Tycoon is just a Game Dev Story rip-off.
And Game Dev Story is awful... The very definition of a mobile game.

This looks much more developed and filled out, a real simple type game instead of the random number generator that GDS boiled down to...
eliseus: Game Dev Tycoon is just a Game Dev Story rip-off.
adaliabooks: And Game Dev Story is awful... The very definition of a mobile game.

This looks much more developed and filled out, a real simple type game instead of the random number generator that GDS boiled down to...
It's not a mobile game originally, just google once. And it's not awful, it's better than any cheap clone of it there is.
adaliabooks: And Game Dev Story is awful... The very definition of a mobile game.

eliseus: It's not a mobile game originally, just google once. And it's not awful, it's better than any cheap clone of it there is.
I've played it... unless the mobile port was really bad it it definitely awful.
The more I look at the cover art for the game, the more I hate it. Like... hate.
Chacranajxy: The more I look at the cover art for the game, the more I hate it. Like... hate.
Attachments:
mad.jpg (141 Kb)
Chacranajxy: The more I look at the cover art for the game, the more I hate it. Like... hate.
Gengar78:
That's what meth does to you.