It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the hand-crafted paper universe!

Lumino City, an inspired puzzle-adventure game taking you to a world where everything was meticulously hand-crafted from paper, is available for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com.

In Lumino City, everything you see on screen was made using paper, cardboard and glue. Resulting in building a 10 foot high model city, using laser cutting plus miniature lights and motors to bring it to life. The game's creators collaborated with award-winning architects, fine-artists, prop-makers and animators, each discipline brought something unique to the design and execution of the finished game. Discover gardens in the sky, towers marooned high on an immense waterwheel, and houses dug precariously into cliffs. Now, using your ingenuity piece together all sorts of puzzling mechanisms to help the people who live in its unique world.

There are very few games out there that took as much real-world crafting and fine arts to become reality. Make sure you don't miss one of them - Lumino City, a truly unique GOG.com release.

UPDATE: CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

If you think you can create crafty paper cities a cut above the rest, get on the stick and piece a paper place together, there’s extra goodies for you to be won!

As you know, all elements of Lumino City were meticulously hand-crafted from colorful paper. We’d like to see if it’s as difficult as it seems - so have your scissors and glue sticks at the ready!

Create your own Lumino City-esque setting out of paper, light and your own creative powers. Make it as big or small as you want and use your medium of choice (well, image or video) to capture it. Then, post your entry in a comment below and await our judgement!

We’ll be judging entries in two separate categories: image and video, and both categories will have the same set of prizes:
-- 1st place winners: a swag bag from the game’s creators, State of Play, and a $10 gift card to be used on anything from our site,
-- 2 runners-up each: a $10 gift card to be used on any games or movies our site.

UPDATE: As it seems you need some more time to work on your awesome paper projects, we are extending the entry deadline until Monday, December 15, at 5PM GMT. We'll announce the winners the following Monday (Dec. 22).

Some extra rules:
1 post per person, either an image or a video link
No game screenshots or photos of others’ projects: just your own creations
The entry deadline is exactly one week away: December 10th at 5PM GMT
A maximum of 3 images for a picture entry and 30 seconds for a video entry (if you show us more, only the first 3 images/30 seconds of your video will be judged)
Post edited December 09, 2014 by G-Doc
I just remembered that winners of this contest haven't been declared yet. Come on GOG, time to step up your game ;)
It's taken us a bit longer to decide contest winners, because we simply couldn't choose the best ones! You've all done a marvellous job with your paper-crafting skills, and it's been great to see so many people discussing entries and cheering on opponents and entrants.

But finally, we've made our choices!

There were no submissions in the video category, so none had to be rated.

In the image category, we could award one GOG paper artist with the grand prize of a developer swag bag and a $10 gift card, and two with runner-up prizes - a $10 gift card to be used on site for each.

The WINNING installation is (insert drumroll here)…
”Paper Kong takes over GOG City” by shadowrgog - congratulations on your awesome piece of art! We loved the use of colors vs. coloured lighting and the searchlight that really brought out the monster sitting atop the skyscraper.

The two runners-up are…
”Valentine’s Day” by flamingoboots for the use of various types of paper that come together so well, and ”GOG crew on their way to party” by catpower1980, because the lighting really adds to the 3D effect, and the “work in progress” shot really shows it off!

Because this contest did require a lot of work from all entrants, we’re also going to award ”First Christmas” by Tallima and ”Nighter Town” by Dessimu with $5 gift cards - guys, your pieces were amazing as well, we were surprised with the inventive way of creating a fireplace in Tallima’s work and Dessimu did a great job with using white for contrast against a black backdrop - original!

We’re going to get on sending you the gift cards on Monday, if that’s all right, and we’ll need the address of the grand prize winner for shipping purposes - but I’ll be sending a private message about that in a second.

Thanks again to all entrants, congrats on your hard work - and your gifts will be sent soon!
Ciris: The two runners-up are…
”Valentine’s Day” by flamingoboots for the use of various types of paper that come together so well, and ”GOG crew on their way to party” by catpower1980, because the lighting really adds to the 3D effect, and the “work in progress” shot really shows it off!

We’re going to get on sending you the gift cards on Monday, if that’s all right, and we’ll need the address of the grand prize winner for shipping purposes - but I’ll be sending a private message about that in a second.
Thank you for the opportunity but I think MadyNora had a better entry with her/his "grocery store" and I already have too much games in my library and no time to play them so I ask you to send my reward to her/him ;)

Thanks everyone for the participations :o)
Ciris: The two runners-up are…

catpower1980: Thank you for the opportunity but I think MadyNora had a better entry with her/his "grocery store" and I already have too much games in my library and no time to play them so I ask you to send my reward to her/him ;)

Thanks everyone for the participations :o)
Oh, thank you, but please accept your reward :) I was more than generously gifted in the past 2 weeks (3 games + 1 full bundle), so please accept what you rightfully won :D My entry was missing the light-work anyways :)
A congratulations to all the winners :)
MadyNora: Oh, thank you, but please accept your reward :) I was more than generously gifted in the past 2 weeks (3 games + 1 full bundle), so please accept what you rightfully won :D My entry was missing the light-work anyways :)
A congratulations to all the winners :)
OK then, maybe I'll put the gift card in a future giveaway if it's technically possible ;)
Ciris: ...
Because this contest did require a lot of work from all entrants, we’re also going to award ”First Christmas” by Tallima and ”Nighter Town” by Dessimu with $5 gift cards - guys, your pieces were amazing as well, we were surprised with the inventive way of creating a fireplace in Tallima’s work and Dessimu did a great job with using white for contrast against a black backdrop - original!
Thank you! I am very happy about the prize and I think this contest was pretty nice. We should have more of those in the future :)
Ciris: It's taken us a bit longer to decide contest winners, because we simply couldn't choose the best ones! You've all done a marvellous job with your paper-crafting skills, and it's been great to see so many people discussing entries and cheering on opponents and entrants.

But finally, we've made our choices!

There were no submissions in the video category, so none had to be rated.

In the image category, we could award one GOG paper artist with the grand prize of a developer swag bag and a $10 gift card, and two with runner-up prizes - a $10 gift card to be used on site for each.

The WINNING installation is (insert drumroll here)…
”Paper Kong takes over GOG City” by shadowrgog - congratulations on your awesome piece of art! We loved the use of colors vs. coloured lighting and the searchlight that really brought out the monster sitting atop the skyscraper.

The two runners-up are…

Thanks again to all entrants, congrats on your hard work - and your gifts will be sent soon!
This was simply one of the best things I have ever experienced on GOG so far. I really liked all of the works that were submitted. Each had a unique look and story behind it, and the balance of symbolism versus presentation really amazed me from the fellow GOGers who submitted their works of art. While I made my piece, I was motivated at first to try to 'win' anything since it was a contest but it transformed into a fun project that helped me recapture my younger days working with crafts for school activities. I cared less about the contest side of things and just focused with having fun with what I could muster in my diorama especially my newly found experiences with lighting! With my lack of experience with paper crafts and anything art related in general, I just hoped to express the zany things I did with my diorama with materials I had at my disposal. I am very grateful it was received so well and to win the grand prize really takes my breath away. Thank you so much for appreciating my work Ciris, the judges and all the lovely community members who commented and/or rated it positively. I had a blast making it and this contest was just the push I needed to take up arms again with papercrafting at least one more time! Congrats to all those who also won something in this contest and thanks once again to those who submitted anything for letting me experience a more crafty side of GOG with your works of art! :)

On a more technical side of things, I responded to the PM sent with hopefully the appropriate information needed for sending any mail to me. Hopefully it works out for the best and thanks once again for the contest opportunity GOG! When I finally get Lumino City on GOG at some point, I'll be sure to think of this experience as a way to further my appreciation for the game! :)
Congrats to everyone for a job well done!

And thanks GOG for some extra prizes! Time for another Insomnia Sale so I can spend it! :)

Well done everyone!
Congrats to the winners of this creative contest!

And a special +1 to catpower1980 for the noble gesture towards MadyNora

I feel compelled to speak up and point out that MadyNora's grocery store -really- deserves a prize as well, at the very very least a gift card!
awalterj: Congrats to the winners of this creative contest!

awalterj: I feel compelled to speak up and point out that MadyNora's grocery store -really- deserves a prize as well, at the very very least a gift card!
If the whole mighty powers vested within GOG can do so, they should consider it! It is quite a remarkable piece, and even with a lack of 'lighting', I am actually more appreciative of the original version since it's clear to see and quite beautiful to represent the modern everyday motions of life like shopping. The trees look pretty awesome and some of the techniques like crumpled paper was what I used too to represent the destroyed remains of a building, so I could relate to it too. :D
awalterj: Congrats to the winners of this creative contest!

I feel compelled to speak up and point out that MadyNora's grocery store -really- deserves a prize as well, at the very very least a gift card!
shadowrgog: If the whole mighty powers vested within GOG can do so, they should consider it! It is quite a remarkable piece, and even with a lack of 'lighting', I am actually more appreciative of the original version since it's clear to see and quite beautiful to represent the modern everyday motions of life like shopping. The trees look pretty awesome and some of the techniques like crumpled paper was what I used too to represent the destroyed remains of a building, so I could relate to it too. :D
MadyNora has been added to our prize list! I'll get to making sure everyone gets their goodies on the 2nd, if you guys don't mind - it's the holidays here still and family is demanding attention D: but on Friday all should be reasonably back to normal at our offices, so we'll get the gift cards out to y'all then!
Ciris: MadyNora has been added to our prize list! I'll get to making sure everyone gets their goodies on the 2nd, if you guys don't mind - it's the holidays here still and family is demanding attention D: but on Friday all should be reasonably back to normal at our offices, so we'll get the gift cards out to y'all then!
Awesome gesture, thanks Ciris for your news update. Family is definitely number one in my book, so I don't mind how long you guys need to do anything like things for this contest. Cherish the moments while you have them! Enjoy your holidays and new years! :)
Ciris: MadyNora has been added to our prize list! I'll get to making sure everyone gets their goodies on the 2nd, if you guys don't mind - it's the holidays here still and family is demanding attention D: but on Friday all should be reasonably back to normal at our offices, so we'll get the gift cards out to y'all then!
No hurry but still one request.... :o) Could it be possible to get a picture of the swap bag? I wasn't interested in getting it but I'm curious how it looks like ^o^
Post edited December 29, 2014 by catpower1980
shadowrgog: If the whole mighty powers vested within GOG can do so, they should consider it! It is quite a remarkable piece, and even with a lack of 'lighting', I am actually more appreciative of the original version since it's clear to see and quite beautiful to represent the modern everyday motions of life like shopping. The trees look pretty awesome and some of the techniques like crumpled paper was what I used too to represent the destroyed remains of a building, so I could relate to it too. :D
Wow thank you :O
And thank you everybody who spoke up for me :)) <3
Universal justice prevails, thank you for your reconsideration. Such happy news!

MadyNora: Wow thank you :O
And thank you everybody who spoke up for me :)) <3
You're most welcome, it was well deserved!