It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death becomes her.

<span class="bold">Killing Time</span>, an old-school horror FPS where mortals bend in horrible ways before the ravages of time, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Give rich people a powerful Egyptian artifact and things are guaranteed to get pretty messy pretty fast. When the Water Clock of Toth finds its way to the hands of Tess Conway and she attempts to unlock its time-controlling powers, all hell breaks loose, leaving behind twisted human shells, ghosts, and demons. You are but a humble Egyptology student but you are the only one who can find out what befell the Conway Estate and try to blast the horrors of the past.
This fateful summer night of 1932 shall be full of terror and weird happenings. Thanks to the eclectic selection of vintage firearms and the frequent appearances of FMV characters, the old-school charm of the action will overwhelm you well before you encounter the offbeat enemies, which include killer ducks, wasps, and sewer blobs.

Hold back scores of ghostly horrors spawned by the misuse of an Egyptian artifact by <span class="bold">Killing Time</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fyvQfD8E6aA
Post edited November 14, 2016 by maladr0Id
low rated
tinyE: Don't worry. This time next year none of this stuff will be available to American's either.
Andrey82: Why?
There is a new boss in town, and if he doesn't like it, it goes.

Oh he'll allow us to keep the war games that Germany doesn't get, but anything subversive that he feels is any way critical of him or his politics is history.

And yes I know the left wing has had their share of censorship problems before, but they tried to act on them through legal means which made them totally useless and thus harmless. There will be no more checks and balances and votes. When he takes office it's one man's word and it's law.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by tinyE
Grargar: Not only is it 80% more expensive than the version from Zoom Platform, but it also has less extras. Meh...
What the flying f-?
Zoom something or another. Is this website trustworthy?
I would never use my card there.

aluinie: Looks interesting but price is a big minus for me.
Since games are not really human needs (we enjoy them, they are not required to stay alive), I don't see what's the big deal in having 'inadequate' prices.
Wait for a promo, until it's a price you judge as just, and buy it.
I'm happy for having 'new' games here, whatever is the price. Soon or later there will be a promo.
Bouchart: I've always wanted to give it a try. They say it was one of the better games on the 3DO.
Which isn't that great accomplishment, considering the amount of mediocre/garbage titles for the platform. Isn't like being the best PS2 title ever, a console that had many great titles. It had huge competition, selecting the best ones is no easy task.

But if it's truth (I haven't played Killing Time), congrats to the devs for showing that 3DO can have truly great games.
Grargar: Not only is it 80% more expensive than the version from Zoom Platform, but it also has less extras. Meh...
almabrds: What the flying f-?

aluinie: Looks interesting but price is a big minus for me.
almabrds: Since games are not really human needs (we enjoy them, they are not required to stay alive), I don't see what's the big deal in having 'inadequate' prices.
Wait for a promo, until it's a price you judge as just, and buy it.
I'm happy for having 'new' games here, whatever is the price. Soon or later there will be a promo.
Bouchart: I've always wanted to give it a try. They say it was one of the better games on the 3DO.
almabrds: Which isn't that great accomplishment, considering the amount of mediocre/garbage titles for the platform. Isn't like being the best PS2 title ever, a console that had many great titles. It had huge competition, selecting the best ones is no easy task.

But if it's truth (I haven't played Killing Time), congrats to the devs for showing that 3DO can have truly great games.
Yeah ZOOM Platform is trustworthy, own a couple of games there.
almabrds: What the flying f-?
Had no issues buying and downloading the game from there.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by Grargar
Falci: PC version is quite different from 3DO version, though.
catpower1980: Then it's a good opportunity for you to point out the differences or link to a page which explains them so everyone will be aware ;)
They're essentially different games, really. 3DO version is more Wolfenstein-3D like and has digitalised actors. PC version is more Doom-like/Duke Nukem-like and uses sprites made from polygonal models.

They do aim to tell the same story, though.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by Falci
I have to say, the video sprites look like they might have wandered over from or [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/3do/944364-the-coven/images/198522]another of the 3DO's less salubrious titles. ~_~
Great hidden gem , but the PC version of this FPS is an awful port ... compared to the 3DO version
O.O never thought id see this classic hit gog <3
gotta love how they keep bringing us the great classics most sadly never heard of <3
Post edited November 10, 2016 by sephiroth091
apehater: oh good another region block. i think i'm going to donate money to piracy websites. if you're upset with region blocks, greedy assholes and other shit in here, i'm suggesting to do the same. at least you get there drm-free, working and not region blocked games. that're all the nice things that gog used to provide years ago.
Oh, Jesus Christ. "Betrayed by gog", yeah, right. I guess I must not have signed up yet when they promised every customer to be their bestest friend for ever and ever, and share all their secrets, and never, ever change. Or, maybe you made the mistake of confusing a commercial venture -- a business, with shareholders and everything -- with a religious crusade or nonprofit activist group. You're not paying a subscription, you're buying individual items -- and I can just about guarantee that they haven't taken away (or made significantly less accessible) any of the items you have paid for -- so there's been no "betrayal". You can argue all you like about them "abandoning their principles", and I'll grant that some of the changes haven't been all roses and sunshine (yes, region-blocking sucks), but they are and always have been a business first. Meaning they will do what they can to to increase profits and please the parent company's shareholders (no, that doesn't mean "DRM is next!!!", either -- they know DRM-free is the one thing distinguishing this place from Steam et al., their main "USP"). Believing that any business is your friend -- even if they tell you they are -- is a surefire recipe for serious disappointment.

As for the region blocking: take it up with your government. Or, convince the publishers that it'd be worth their time and money to attempt to get the thing de-listed or whatever. (Though I doubt they'd want to bother in this case.) GOG doesn't get to decide what's region-blocked and what's not; that decision's firmly in the publishers' court. I guarantee GOG are not going to cut off the extra revenue from all the non-English-language users of the site just so everything can be purchasable globally again. (Not even going to go into how short-sighted and self-defeating the "Go pirate it!" exhortation is.)
tinyE: Oh he'll allow us to keep the war games that Germany doesn't get, but anything subversive that he feels is any way critical of him or his politics is history.
Seriously though, has there ever been something like a truly subversive video game? Postal 2 comes to mind and that one was made by a bunch of gun-toting hicks in Arizona.
tinyE: Oh he'll allow us to keep the war games that Germany doesn't get, but anything subversive that he feels is any way critical of him or his politics is history.
fronzelneekburm: Seriously though, has there ever been something like a truly subversive video game? Postal 2 comes to mind and that one was made by a bunch of gun-toting hicks in Arizona.
For some folks everything is subversive, and I know that is a cop out answer but it's true.

Did you know when Dr Strange was released last week (or was it the week before) several groups protested because they saw it as sacrilegious.

I have a cousin in Missouri I'm not allowed to talk to because I'm a Harry Potter fan. :P

To these folks, it can't get any more subversive.
hfric: Great hidden gem , but the PC version of this FPS is an awful port ... compared to the 3DO version
OT

LOVE THE AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited November 11, 2016 by tinyE
fronzelneekburm: Seriously though, has there ever been something like a truly subversive video game? Postal 2 comes to mind and that one was made by a bunch of gun-toting hicks in Arizona.
America's Army.
I still have my 3DO but never did have or play this game. What an exciting release! I definitely snapped it up. :)
low rated
Let's keep it CIVIL.
guppy44: I still have my 3DO but never did have or play this game. What an exciting release! I definitely snapped it up. :)
Well.... "at least' you have Return Fire, right? RIGHT?! :p

I'll never forget how I had a ''rich kid's day" some 20+ years ago and played this cool and weird fps both on the 3DO and Mac on the very same day. Memberries aside, it's a great game that deserves its place in 90s fps for sure.

IAmSinistar: 3DO's less salubrious titles. ~_~
Clicked those links expecting this.

Now I'm happy.
Post edited November 11, 2016 by vicklemos