It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ion Fury is now available DRM-free.

While Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename defusing bombs for the Global Defense Force, when evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes the members of his cybernetic cult onto the streets of Neo DC, she knows it’s time to start causing explosions instead of preventing them.

Her quest to slay Heskel leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
Just in, a joint 3DR/Voidpoint statement on "gaming's most controversial facial wash". https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1616150570017627014
low rated
tremere110: https://medium.com/@sophnar0747/ion-furore-19b2aa371c6b

Looks like Voidpoint and 3DRealms are at odds over the apology. Seems like Voidpoint was thrown under the bus.
That article(I skimmed it but read some bits here and there) made some good points, and some ones I disagree with(but mostly agree with).

1. Did some really try painting the woman fighting transhumanists as a bash on transgender people? If so, they are insane.

2. I like how the reporter says they are gay and the OGAY bottle and such didn't bother them....kudos to them for that.

3. (This one will likely get me flak, but I care more about being truthful and honest than appeasing everyone) I disagree that cutting bits and bobs off a person isn't mutilation....for almost anyone for almost any reason.....that includes those who had their legs cut off to become animal people(complete with limb prosthetics) and anyone who has their dangly bits cut off to pretend to be a woman(or the opposite to pretend to be a man).

===============
All that said, never apologize to the outrage mob. They often were never going to buy your product(due to them thinking you are evil anyways no matter what), and no amount of apology will get them to buy said product or change their minds about those they dislike. Also most of them will take an apology as an admission of guilt and use it to further slander those they dislike.
===============
Plokite_Wolf: Just in, a joint 3DR/Voidpoint statement on "gaming's most controversial facial wash". https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1616150570017627014
Does that mean that the originally announced "appeasement" patch is not going to happen?

If so, that is definitely a win.
low rated
Plokite_Wolf: Just in, a joint 3DR/Voidpoint statement on "gaming's most controversial facial wash". https://steamcommunity.com/games/562860/announcements/detail/1616150570017627014
They likely sawthe lost sales and bad PR from actual customers to be worth trying to win back rather than bending the knee even more...good for them. Now let's see if the hardline boycotters/etc change their minds and are as reasonable.

Also that last bit made me laugh:

"Last but not least, please respect our need to keep our community forums clean from hateful messages, spam, or off-topic threads. We recognize our mistake and have received your message loud and clear!"

Translation of above:

"Please be ok with us removing the tons of legitimate comments & criticism on this whole ordeal(and banning a bunch of people over it). We know we 'suk' for even thinking of removing game content and will not do so....please buy our game!"

========
========
idbeholdME: Does that mean that the originally announced "appeasement" patch is not going to happen?

That is what it sounds like.

Now I wonder how many of the ones refusing to buy over this will buy now(or will they stubbornly hold their ground?), or not ask for a refund/etc? :|
Post edited August 26, 2019 by GameRager
idbeholdME: Does that mean that the originally announced "appeasement" patch is not going to happen?

Sounds like it. The next patch will apparently only have the bug and balancing fixes that it was supposed to get anyway.
low rated
Plokite_Wolf: Sounds like it. The next patch will apparently only have the bug and balancing fixes that it was supposed to get anyway.
Cool....also it seems people are still moving the goalposts in that thread you linked.

Stuff like: "Too little too late", "Stop supporting child ab*se then i'll buy the game", ""Not good enough", etc.

Also the ones who disliked the content are still complaining about it and being salty as well.

==========
(Also while I APPLAUD the people for doing this, the way they are censoring the forums over there is crazy....they don't even have ONE containment thread for such talk for such people to vent/rant to be nice...just 100% deletion of all negative comments about the matter[or close to 100%] :\)
===========
Aside: I wonder if TheQuartering will do a 180 and support them after this or still boycott and keep pushing others to do so as well? :|
Hmmm? It isn't only the soap, but the noclip hidden room thing, too. Which is mentioned nowhere and is probably going, to be silently removed.

Besides, they have donated freaking dough, to a Dr. Frankenstein org and were to supposedly "train" the "transgressors", on social sensitivity matters... Creepy stuff.

I don't know, i prefer to directly donate my 20 bucks at Voidpoint guys, through Eduke32. This way i am certain that money won't end up in criminal and scammer hands, or even worse, kowtowing sevile dingydangs'... Or social engineering psychopaths. And keep my jolly rogered copy, exactly as per Voidpoint's own encouraging tweet, sometime ago at the beginning of that show, that is now deleted.

If they return to the path of logic and normality, i might grab their other upcoming shooter legit.
Post edited August 26, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
low rated
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Hmmm? It isn't only the soap, but the noclip hidden room thing, too. Which is mentioned nowhere and is probably going, to be silently removed.

Besides, they have donated freaking dough, to a Dr. Frankenstein org and were to supposedly "train" the "transgressors", on social sensitivity matters... Creepy stuff.

I don't know, i prefer to directly donate my 20 bucks at Voidpoint guys, through Eduke32. This way i am certain that money won't end up in criminal and scammer hands, or even worse, kowtowing sevile dingydangs... Or social engineering psychopaths. And keep my jolly rogered copy, exactly as per Voidpoint's own tweet, sometime ago at the beginning of that show, that is now deleted.
1st bit: I believe they said all content is untouched and hasn't been altered(including that room). Also, even if it was removed it was just a bit of test text and not an actual secret.

2nd bit: They did it to throw a bone to the outrage mob.....10k is sh*t to such orgs anyways.

3rd bit: They(devs) did us a solid.....imo people(in general) should reward & encourage that(as not many do such nowadays) and not stick to their guns just to "die" on the hill they chose to fight on for ego points.
===================
Tbh, they were damned either way. If they had not caved in the first place they'd be getting bad PR and the fallout from it with a few hardliners(anti-censor) clapping, and if they had kept the plan to censor then the extreme left and such would be happy but the hardliners(anti-censor) wouldn't buy.

They did a 180 to please people and show they can be reasonable and some want to tar and feather them anyways......some are never satisfied it seems.

Looks like Voidpoint and 3DRealms are at odds over the apology. Seems like Voidpoint was thrown under the bus.
I'm baffled 3dRealms pays a PR company seeing how every press release (even those a long time before the release of the game) by 3DRealms has been like pouring kerosene into the fire.
low rated

mk47at: I'm baffled 3dRealms pays a PR company seeing how every press release (even those a long time before the release of the game) by 3DRealms has been like pouring kerosene into the fire.
If they do then you'd think they would be more justified firing their PR firm over a few posts(rather than another..."closer to home" business that did so..*wink*).

As for what they posted: If it was anything that only pisses off the outrage mob and sells units then to me that PR firm is doing it's job.
GameRager: As for what they posted: If it was anything that only pisses off the outrage mob and sells units then to me that PR firm is doing it's job.
I don't think creating an avalanche of bad reviews can help sell units (perhaps temporary to write a bad review with a refund afterwards).
low rated
GameRager: As for what they posted: If it was anything that only pisses off the outrage mob and sells units then to me that PR firm is doing it's job.
mk47at: I don't think creating an avalanche of bad reviews can help sell units (perhaps temporary to write a bad review with a refund afterwards).
Is it bad reviews from those upset at the spite removal or those upset at the devs not removing the sprites and keeping them in?

In the end it seems MORE are buying now because of this than when they caved to outrage mobs in the first place so they(the devs/publisher) are making money hand over fist and the PR firm is again doing it's job.

Bad reviews mean nothing if people buy anyways(look at how good the marvel films did despite the bad reviews).

(Plus many who said they put off buying have gone off to buy now, or cancelled their refunds)
low rated
Well, if everything remains untouched and this is for certain... Without any new tripping... I might get it officially, through the publisher. But i feel much better, by aiding those in need, who also happen to be the ones behind the creation of this nice game (and the ones who advised us to "eff politics and get the game anyway you like"). Supporting VICTIMS (directly), had always been MY priority.

Also, had they completely ignored the mindseek friks, no bad PR no nothing would have happened. They are a vocal minority and from what people say, they had trouble with the law, before renaming their forum. Also, their lackeys who launched cyber-offensives in Steam forums of the game lately, lacked the mousepad icon, which marks owners of the game!

And the donation is unforgivable. It's not the sum given, but the move performed; its meaning, weight and significance, or god forbid, possible influence/setting of an example and consequences. We 're here to buy and play games; not cultivate genetic mutations and DISFIGURE said games, to match the twisted vision of unstable loonies.

I will certainly check the other, upcoming shooter, for sure. But i will first wait to see the dust settle down, before i decide on Ion Fury. My priority, is the people who helped/aided me; and those guys are VOIDPOINT, not 3D realms.

I <3 VOIDPOINT

I *_* 3D REALMS
Post edited August 26, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
high rated
I hope Voidpoint manage to either go solo or find a less garbage-fire publisher for their future endeavours.
The dogpiling on 3DRealms/Voidpoint by various media outlets has begun. If they weather this without capitulating I'll buy their game.

But yes, this is why resetEra has power. Media outlets use that place to gauge outrage for clickbait. Just ignore them and they'll move on to the next clickbait trash.

Hell, these so called journalists don't even play your game - at least one keeps calling it 'Ion Storm'!