It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ion Fury is now available DRM-free.

While Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename defusing bombs for the Global Defense Force, when evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes the members of his cybernetic cult onto the streets of Neo DC, she knows it’s time to start causing explosions instead of preventing them.

Her quest to slay Heskel leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
idbeholdME: I might actually torrent the game even though I already own it (not on GOG) before the update just to spite them.
GameRager: To be honest it might be easier to just wait for some people to put it back in to the latest update via a patch or mod. :\
Easier? Definitely not. I already have it ready on my hard drive. The whole process took literally 2 minutes.

Don't underestimate the power of the torrent. Pirating games is extremely easy these days. But I pretty much stopped doing it since I started buying on GOG.
Post edited August 23, 2019 by idbeholdME
Carradice: So, anyone who started playing Ion Fury already, a few questions, in case you wish to answer any of them:

1. What about the level design? Are they relatively linear or mazey?
Yes! Neither linear nor too mazey. reminds me a lot of the level design of original Duke 3D, which was less mazey then Doom. Lots of secrets

Carradice: 2. Does it really look as pixelated as some pictures suggest?
Yes. It is still the build engine, with it's limitations.

Carradice: 3. The weapons in the game feel right? Is going unarmed an option, even for emergencies? The pistol is OK, as it was useful in, say, Republic Commando?
Yes,the weapons are very well balanced, I feel.

Carradice: 4. Anything that this game does differently than other games? Something you will remember the game for?
colorful, fun and fast

Carradice: 5. People are saying the game is fun to play, that might mean sinergy more than a single trait. What do you think?
it is fun, the whole thing fits together.
Carradice: 3. The weapons in the game feel right? Is going unarmed an option, even for emergencies? The pistol is OK, as it was useful in, say, Republic Commando?

4. Anything that this game does differently than other games? Something you will remember the game for?
3. Pistol is probably the most useful weapon in the whole game.

4. The game has a lot of 90-s references and edgy jokes. :P Duh!

Honestly, I don't really see much difference between Duke 3D and classic Shadow Warrior beside aesthetics. Ion Maiden is just another game on Build Engine with different protagonist and setting. Which is good or bad depending on your tastes and nostalgia factor.
Post edited August 23, 2019 by LootHunter
Carradice: So, anyone who started playing Ion Fury already, a few questions, in case you wish to answer any of them:

1. What about the level design? Are they relatively linear or mazey?

2. Does it really look as pixelated as some pictures suggest?

3. The weapons in the game feel right? Is going unarmed an option, even for emergencies? The pistol is OK, as it was useful in, say, Republic Commando?

4. Anything that this game does differently than other games? Something you will remember the game for?

5. People are saying the game is fun to play, that might mean sinergy more than a single trait. What do you think?
First level is quite short, really and second not complex enough. They are linear, but there is a number of secret rooms, exploration is allowed (and rewarded) and there is a feeling of pseudo-mazey design, but nothing grand. It is pretty decent, in that aspect.

Not too pixelated... Just the "correct" amount. Enough to appeal to old-timers and newcomers alike, i guess!

The weapons are very well designed and implemented, they feel very satisfying to use. Pistol deals a little too much damage and its distance range is absurd; it can hit semi-covered enemies at the furthest away point, killing them with 2-3 bullets. You can use aiming aid through options, but manually aiming yourself is more fun and i might be mistaken, but hitting weak points (head), deals more damage.

Not really. The known formula, Good Old and that's that. Nothing new or spectacular. Even the go get the card unlock door proceed, is exactly the same.
Post edited August 23, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: The weapons are very well designed and implemented, they feel very satisfying to use. Pistol deals a little too much damage and its distance range is absurd; it can hit semi-covered enemies at the furthest away point, killing them with 2-3 bullets. You can use aiming aid through options, but manually aiming yourself is more fun and i might be mistaken, but hitting weak points (head), deals more damage.
Even in the demo, the pistol was pretty overpowered. Seems like they didn't change it :/

IMO, pistol in FPS games should be the same like it was in Doom or Duke. A last resort weapon.
idbeholdME: Even in the demo, the pistol was pretty overpowered. Seems like they didn't change it :/

IMO, pistol in FPS games should be the same like it was in Doom or Duke. A last resort weapon.
Yes, the pistol, if you apply it to your playstyle correctly (micromanage it well with shooting, pause, reload sequence), can be much more deadly, than the second weapon (the one reminding of shotgun) and the third one (automatic)...

Still needs the "correct" playstyle, though, to be really effective. But is certainly absurd. Its distance coverage, is simply unreal and the damage it deals is the same, from the enemy being right next to you, to it being at the other edge of the screen.
idbeholdME: Even in the demo, the pistol was pretty overpowered. Seems like they didn't change it :/
Actually, they did. In EA you could hold alt-fire button to lock on targets indefinitely, now it works only for a short time and pistol returns to "normal mode". Of course, one can argue if that was enough to nerf it...
Post edited August 23, 2019 by LootHunter
LootHunter: Actually, they did. In EA you could hold alt-fire button to lock on targets indefinitely, now it works only for a short time and pistol returns to "normal mode". Of course, one can argue if that was enough...
The problem is in the damage/accuracy combo. It is just too good at both. Near perfect accuracy, hit-scan and very high damage. For such a basic weapon, it is way overboard.
The pistol and the shotgun in Ion Fury are both amazing, the pistol is like the pistol in Halo - a handheld sniper rifle, and the shotgun itself has a suprising range, you can kill the red-shirt cyborgs with it in 1 hit if you aim for the head.
low rated
LootHunter: Proof of what? That not a single mainstream media outlet denounced Desmond's case, because they all afraid of offending LGBT activists? That Ion Fury devs DID offend some people by talking about the problem and were forced to pay a fee to such organization?
Proof that Trevor Project or Ion Fury's devs/publishers is connected to desmond....which you seemed to be inferring by some of your posts(If I read them correctly).

I dislike people who push propaganda same as you, but I ALSO dislike people who try to blame such people for everything the can without proof.

========
========
amok: can I add it is not a few sprites? Apart from the out of bounce one - It is one single sprite.... on a shampoo bottle.... which most people can not even see.... the game before this palaver and after is identical. this is completely blown out of proportion.

there is still plenty of puerile humor in there, such as "Willy Wankers Sugar Coated Tits".... or the "Penetrator" and "Loverboy" weapons.

and the game is, as said before, the game is fantastic. excellent level layout, slick speed, good enemies, good weapons, well balanced. basically a blast.

but yeah, as I said - if you care more about the phrasing on a shampoo bottle than the game, then your interest is more political than in games and gameplay.
I said it was one in bounds sprite, but was trying to be accurate as possible with the facts behind all this.

As for the game: That's just it.....3DRealms added some pretty offensive stuff in the game and didn't take any of it out.....they took a sprite or two out and everyone is up in arms about it(or a good number seem to be).

It seems some here and elsewhere who claim to not like propaganda in games ONLY dislike the messages they dislike being in games.....and if a tiny bit of their own liked messaging is cut out they raise a disproportionate level of fuss over it. :\

============
============
idbeholdME: Easier? Definitely not. I already have it ready on my hard drive. The whole process took literally 2 minutes.

Don't underestimate the power of the torrent. Pirating games is extremely easy these days. But I pretty much stopped doing it since I started buying on GOG.
I meant easier for those against pirating, obviously.
Post edited August 23, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
LootHunter: Proof of what? That not a single mainstream media outlet denounced Desmond's case, because they all afraid of offending LGBT activists? That Ion Fury devs DID offend some people by talking about the problem and were forced to pay a fee to such organization?
GameRager: Proof that Trevor Project or Ion Fury's devs/publishers is connected to desmond....which you seemed to be inferring by some of your posts(If I read them correctly).
No. I never said that Trevor Project is connected to Desmond's parents or what they do.

I said that organizations like Trevor Project push LGBT agenda and shut down all critisizm so agressively that it allows child abuse and exploitation (like the one with Desmond) go unpunished and uncritisized.
low rated
LootHunter: No. I never said that Trevor Project is connected to Desmond's parents or what they do.

I said that organizations like Trevor Project push LGBT agenda and shut down all critisizm so agressively that it allows child abuse and exploitation (like the one with Desmond) go unpunished and uncritisized.
Oh, then I apologize for that.

Still, that last bit is hard to prove 100%(some of it is a bit true, though)......i.e. people can till criticize such things and usually online. I just find it in bad taste to label everyone of a group to be bad or all pushing the same thing......to me that smacks of stereotyping/etc.

(I like fighting the good fight against outrage mobs, btw....I just believe in fighting the "right" way)
Post edited August 23, 2019 by GameRager
https://medium.com/@sophnar0747/ion-furore-19b2aa371c6b

Looks like Voidpoint and 3DRealms are at odds over the apology. Seems like Voidpoint was thrown under the bus.
tremere110: https://medium.com/@sophnar0747/ion-furore-19b2aa371c6b

Looks like Voidpoint and 3DRealms are at odds over the apology. Seems like Voidpoint was thrown under the bus.
That "apology" is the most vomit inducing piece of pure PR slur I have ever read... It actually made me feel sick reading it....

If only more devs and publishers were like Warhorse with Kingdom Come...
tremere110: https://medium.com/@sophnar0747/ion-furore-19b2aa371c6b

idbeholdME: That "apology" is the most vomit inducing piece of pure PR slur I have ever read... It actually made me feel sick reading it....

If only more devs and publishers were like Warhorse with Kingdom Come...
The 3DRealms that published Ion Fury isnt the 3DRealms of yesteryear. They are in fact formally Interceptor Entertainment, Yup, that one the guys that did the fantastically boring RoTT 2013 remake.