It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ion Fury is now available DRM-free.

While Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison earned her codename defusing bombs for the Global Defense Force, when evil transhumanist mastermind Dr. Jadus Heskel unleashes the members of his cybernetic cult onto the streets of Neo DC, she knows it’s time to start causing explosions instead of preventing them.

Her quest to slay Heskel leaves a trail of carnage throughout huge, multi-path levels filled with gigantic explosions, more secret areas than we can count, and inhuman foes behind every corner. There’s no regenerating health here; stop taking cover and start running and gunning.
Well, this game WAS on my wishlist for when I get paid in 10 days but now it's off the list and I will never buy it.
Starmaker: (…) They will also be subjecting developers to mandatory sexual harassment. (…)
Best typo ever.
#IonFury #VideoGames
The Most COWARDLY Video Game Publisher In History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKcMMn3bJU

You can go to hell Voidpoint / 3D Realms and say goodbye to my money forever if you censor your game.

SJW are a fucking cancer, stop bending knee to that shit.
Post edited August 20, 2019 by kasasensei
Those devs are pathetic.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/562860/discussions/0/2763442118824199658/
"The answer is no; we are only tweaking a rarely seen decorative sprite and removing some offensive text found outside the game world in leftover map data."

Text found outside the game world in leftover map data. Maaaan, that is crazy, they analyzed every single file in the game looking for the slightest thing to censor. Things that no player would ever see.
kasasensei: [snip]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCFV7jT9ho
high rated
Great. And i really wanted to buy it, first chance at discount or sales. From gameplay videos, i really liked what i saw.

Censorship, though, is my No2 deal-breaker, right after DRM. Especially, censorship coming with attitude and treating gamers like ediots, or something. The missing sprite category's dollars, are more than enough for you! Go play social-politics and ropleplay the culture-police, in greener pastures, please.

Next stop: Dusk, Prodeus, Wrath; whoopsie sorry, not Wrath, it's from the same publisher apparently... Oh and hey, thanks a lot for looking after my wallet, as well as the quality of my collection, made of carefully handpicked games!
Post edited August 21, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Carradice: "The answer is no; we are only tweaking a rarely seen decorative sprite and removing some offensive text found outside the game world in leftover map data."

Text found outside the game world in leftover map data. Maaaan, that is crazy, they analyzed every single file in the game looking for the slightest thing to censor. Things that no player would ever see.
For now that is. And when someone on ResetEra will find something else to be offended by in the game (I persnally heard at least one Shelly's line that can be considered "transphobic") there will be outrage allover again.
Post edited August 21, 2019 by LootHunter
low rated
Gersen: No, I meant is that because IM has ammo scarcity you have to play it like a modern shooter, not that modern shooter themselves have ammo scarcity.

As in in most modern shooter you have to play "slowly", enter a room taking enemies one by one, often running from cover to cover while you health regenerate, etc... while with older shooter like doom / DN3D / Blood, etc... it was more run and gun, strafing / jumping like crazy while shooting everything that moved as fast as possible, and unless you were pretty bad, you never really had to worry about ammo for "general purpose" guns, only the stronger ones required (RPG, BFG, etc...) ammo management.

Here in IM you run out of ammo so easily that often you have to resort to the "modern shooter" tactics as in have to do hit and run attack on lone enemies, taking them down one by one using the stick to avoid wasting any ammo and IMHO it hurts the rhythm of the game.
The thing is, I used to do some of those things on harder classic games like Blood and the like(go through slowly and pick off enemies that were tough and conserve ammo)...to me that's not a modern shooter thing but more a game full of bullet sponges and not enough ammo placement.

==============
==============

TheMonkofDestiny: And I never said a discouraging word about people like that.

Maybe at some point they'll put out a throwback to the old shareware releases of the classic FPS titles and the people looking for a hands-on answer as to whether they should put their money toward the game can give it a play to help decide. Time will tell, I suppose.
I never meant to infer that was to you...I was talking more about demos in general/etc.

As for shareware coming back...not likely(imo), but it would be nice.

==================
==================

Yeshu: You get banned from the 3D Realms Discord server for asking questions about the subject.
If so then that's odd given the statement that the censoring was said to be a false claim. Why are they not letting people ask about it a bit here and there, I wonder? :\

Crosmando: I finished the game yesterday and didn't find anything in it to be controversial, what exactly are they talking about?
Plokite_Wolf: All they'll be changing is this:
- the soap bottles that read "Ogay" (a parody of the real-world soap Olay)
- a secret area with a text that has a variation of the word "faggot" in it.

That's it.
Is that what has some people's proverbial panties in a wad(as Duke said in one game sort of)? I guess in current year they have to be nice to the LGBT people or they'll sue them for saying mean words, while it's totally fine to say whatever about "insert majority group it's okay to insult here". :\
Post edited August 21, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: Oh, but I guess it's ok if a dev is PRO trans/etc and pushed such on other people's kids in games and media? That is ok, but being against it and not pushing it in media is not okay to you?

lol
if youre for something—in any medium, that tries to shed light on (an' by extension help positive lee promote, even if its just simple bar naked compassion) those that are vulnerable, hurt, misunderstood an' excluded—then okay, i welcome it. does that mean everybody welcomes it? does that mean its necessarily teh right environment (aka certain game genres or thematics)? non, but at least its for a good cause. at least its tryin' to be a rare bright light. at least teh people are tryin' to be positive, and influence. non-hateful. non-discriminatory. or informational. emotional

a beacon. something

if somebody goes out of their way to do the opposite—to talk down, to shut down., to exclude, to shine an ugly light, to make others feel lesser, or subhuman, or not worth livin'. to hint or promote violence, or more—then no, thats not okay with me

"lol" you fuckin' trollin' bastard. lets see what other TOTALLY NON POLITICAL CRAP you spew before you're rightly banned again. dont treat people like idiots.
low rated
=================
=================

lunaticox: I'm getting kinda sick of this one forum full of loonies strongarming devs and publishers into apologies for every little perceived wrongdoing.

"Mandatory sensitivity training." Good lord.
ArachnosX: I'm 120% convinced it's just a few peeps with agendas doing this, not the entire community.
Sadly they have a bunch of people who cannot think for themselves who go along with it as they think what is being done is good for some reason. They also have trolls/those who sow discord or like those who do who also go along with it all to further their own agendas and trolling.

Look at ANY side of any issue and how many "normies" hold up signs with "x is racist/sexist/etc" on them and keep chanting the same buzzwords and slogans like programmed drones.
low rated
===============
===============

adamhm: It's very disappointing to see the devs of a game intended in a similar vein as Duke Nukem acquiesce to political correctness. I hope there won't be any further censorship, but I'm not expecting the changes to stop at just these (and I see there are already demands for other "problematic" aspects of the game to be changed as well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDPKuBEcjw&t=25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEMR4iIjfZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QES_QWq2gs0
The problem(as you seem to know) is that once you acquiesce with any such people's demands they always smell blood and want more. Devs should NEVER do so and give in to such people.....ever.

Also as for the clips: Now I want to see that entire simpsons episode, and lol SP may be getting old but they still know what to make fun of.
low rated
Fairfox: if somebody goes out of their way to do the opposite—to talk down, to shut down., to exclude, to shine an ugly light, to make others feel lesser, or subhuman, or not worth livin'. to hint or promote violence, or more—then no, thats not okay with me

*snipped personal insult and provocation*
It's called JOKING.....you know, what humans have done for AGES before people started cowtowing to the few easily upset people in the world for PR points?

Making a few jokes about people(esp. if done equally to all) should be fine and left alone, and that is all this stuff was/is that people are getting upset over.....none of this was meant to make people feel bad or promote violence.

======================

(Aside: I try to be civil in your threads and usually offer a kind word to you/others and don't troll/derail. I would appreciate you not to bring personal crap into other unrelated threads just to stir drama.)
Post edited August 21, 2019 by GameRager
Fairfox: if somebody goes out of their way to do the opposite—to talk down, to shut down., to exclude, to shine an ugly light, to make others feel lesser, or subhuman, or not worth livin'. to hint or promote violence, or more—then no, thats not okay with me

*snipped personal insult and provocation*
GameRager: I try to be civil in your threads and usually offer a kind word to you/others and don't troll/derail. I would appreciate you not to bring personal crap into other unrelated threads just to stir drama.
Fairfox is really just a bigot, who thinks that everything is ok if it's for a good cause (what is "good cause" is obviously defined by her), and everything that goes against that cause is "meant to talk down, to whut down, to exclude, etc".
low rated
GameRager: I try to be civil in your threads and usually offer a kind word to you/others and don't troll/derail. I would appreciate you not to bring personal crap into other unrelated threads just to stir drama.
LootHunter: Fairfox is really just a bigot, who thinks that everything is ok if it's for a good cause (what is "good cause" is obviously defined by her), and everything that goes against that cause is "meant to talk down, to whut down, to exclude, etc".
After this I will drop this line of conversation as I don't want to target users with talk about them, but I dislike when ANYONE calls me trolls/etc to shut down conversation and paint me in an unfair light in UNRELATED THREADS just to stir drama and cause a stir in general.

To me, this is just bad form.....I have PMs open to all for such purposes if ANYONE has a beef with me or complaint about me to keep such out of the forums for the most part.

=======================
(That said, if you ever want to talk about anything or continue this I ask we take it to PMs so as to not derail here)
=======================