It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
Orkhepaj: they say that ,but their wallet says a different story
Yeah, and it is(for a number of people): refund pl0x!
high rated
Orkhepaj: they say that ,but their wallet says a different story
You don't know that for sure.
Still, even if some bought the game, they probably did so in good faith, thinking there's no DRM since this is supposedly the home of DRM-free games.
However you look at it, you can't deny the fact this was a bad move by GOG.
high rated
DD & Ji Ji: Wow . Since when the Gog forum become the snake pit of the elitist pricks ? You are demanding for the newest AAA game releases but whining about something that can be fixed by a mod ? Pathetic .
I never demanded either "newest" nor "AAA".
I came here for DRM-free Good Old Games.

At one point GOG started selling some newer stuff too, which is kinda cool I guess, but now they have also started selling games which are no longer DRM-free, which is very uncool.

I don't want to start any wars here, but quite honestly, if you don't see the problem, you are possibly part of the problem.

I'm sure you aware that you could buy and download the game from Steam, and then use some "mod" to fix it for offline use. There's no need for GOG there. You only need GOG for getting something legally DRM-free.
high rated
Well GOG, this is spectacularly disappointing.

Hopefully you've realised that trying to move that line from the overall consensus of DRM into the more literal definitions of it is a bad move.

You don't get to say #FCKDRM then follow it up with 'but online requirements are cool'.

That's poor form.

Sure, you don't HAVE to buy a game on here if you don't like the online requirement - but it does throw into doubt future confidence for purchases. Does it now mean I'll have to be diligent before purcahses rather than happily scooping up games I'm interested in? Does it mean all those games I grab in sales to play at some potential point in the future are left in the cart because I can't trust I will own them in their entirety upon download?

Your audience here is here because of faith in your practices towards game ownership. Not because of Galaxy, or your catalgoue, or your prices but because of that game ownership viewpoint.

We're people who know how fragile digital ownership is, who have potentially lost access to games they've spent hard earned money on, who remember what it was like to open up new games boxes and have inside "This requires Steam" when we didn't have internet access.

If you erode that faith in your practices, you do not have anything even nearing a strong enough reason to come here than the competition.
_Auster_: But if that's the case, it could have been worded better.
GOG
- almost DRM-Free
- It could have been better worded
- Soon

I am not sure which T-shirt would be more fitting :)
MarkoH01: GOG
- almost DRM-Free
- Soon

We do know it will be a Galaxy-exclusive, though.
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks.
I'm utterly lost for words about sheer absurdity of that statement. So you guys openly addmiting that - using your whole company collective brainpower and inteligence - you weren't able to realise that with such amount of online DRM locked content it's going to be a problem BEFORE releasing that product here on GOG? And you only noticed it when people start pointing it out????
Jesus Jumping Christ, does your whole PR department are all in COVID inducted coma or mistook acrylic paint coloured with heavy metal pigments for their coffee? Because that level of negligent incompetence simply can't be justified by just "whoops, we overlooked some fine details".
You (and I'm saying this with great regret) made yourself somehow famous for creating spectacular debacles, but this one take a serious biscuit.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Mr_GeO
Icinix: Your audience here is here because of faith in your practices towards game ownership. Not because of Galaxy, or your catalgoue, or your prices but because of that game ownership viewpoint.
I think this needs too be repeated.
Especially the "not Galaxy" (or at least "not primarily"). I have this feeling, with the more and more intrusive insertion of Galaxy and this spectacularly tone-deaf inclusion of a heavily-DRMed game in the catalog, that there is some shift in the the upper echelon where people are starting to mix-up their own delusions about their pet project with what their actual userbase is.
high rated
So, now they have moved the warning about Elusive/Escalation/Player missions (which I couldn't care less about anyway) to the top of the store page description and STILL no word about your entire singleplayer character progress being locked behind always online?

The first time they could've written it off as an honest mistake. At this point, this is nothing short of a deliberate false advertising.

Also, yay, review censorship incoming. If any of y'all have written up a particularly wordy 1-star review - now might be a good time to back it up somewhere, just in case you need to re-post it from a different account in the near future.

And yes, to go on record as many before me - the ENTIRE reason for me to buy games on GOG (or, to buy them period - I don't believe in spending hard-earned cash on barely "renting" a game for however long it pleases a corpo; and what I can't buy - I can always salvage on the high seas) is that they are DRM-free - and mine to play in perpetuity! I guess that's done now.

#FCK GOG and all that.
_Auster_: But if that's the case, it could have been worded better.
- almost DRM-Free
- Soon

You forgot about one:
GOG - Good Old Gaben
:]
- almost DRM-Free
- Soon

Mr_GeO: You forgot about one:
GOG - Good Old Gaben
:]
Hopefully this is NOT their way. Not just because I would dislike them to become completely like Steam but mostly because in that case it might just take days until GOG would be dead in the water. If they really think they could compete with Steam on the basis of their small catalogue, incomplete and buggy Galaxy, missing features (like bundle offers, workshop ect.) they really would be delusional. So let's just hope that this is just a nightmarish horror scenario and nothing more.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by MarkoH01

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
How will you know that a review is legit criticism instead of review bombing? Do you even care? lol
high rated
chandra: At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Don't blame other people, because you were too lazy to point out the DRM. Something, that should be strict against your own rules

That doesn't make a good picture of you after years of "Fuck DRM!" advertising and now suddenly you selling a game with DRM measures that actually should not be the goal of GoG: No DRM
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Freystein7320
high rated

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Oh really, and there are guidelines now? Would you be removing every post under every game that doesn't follow a review guideline? Phantasmagoria II: A Puzzle of Flesh has a lot of five-star posts that just have the "I heard that, Curtis" meme as the review, would you be removing those ones too? After all, I doubt that memes count as reviews.
"WIll not tolerate review bombing", pfft. How can you tell a genuine negative review from a "review bombing"? Would you care to try and see the difference?
What you corpos call review bombing is actually called consumer backlash and you are receiving it rightfully for once again breaking the promise of everyhting on your store beign DRM-free. This display is pathetic, but then again, so is everything CD Projekt did over the course of the last year.
high rated
Since GOG has clearly changed their stance on the main selling point of providing DRM-free games, I see no point in using this platform over something like Steam, which has better features at the expense of DRM.

Thanks for the people who started GOG, and a big middle finger for the people in charge right now. It was good while it lasted!
Post edited September 25, 2021 by thykka