It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience the true scale of a world war, the best in its class, Paradox style.

<span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III</span> the deepest and most accessible World War II simulation yet, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com at a 75% discount when you get it with the Complete DLC Collection in one purchase, or 66% off on its own.

Few would bat an eye if you tried calling the Hearts of Iron series a straight up World War II simulator, these are the few games that would never be out of place in any modern classroom. But for all the irreplicable, massive depth and scale there's a long list of gamers who fell trying to break through the iron curtain of a learning curve.

That's where Hearts of Iron III comes in. It's the sequel that focuses on really streamlining the miles deep simulation and flattening the learning curve to truly become the best and most accessible in its class.

None of this is to say that there's less content here, or that the series sacrificed anything in an appeal to the masses. Hearts of Iron III still takes a time investment, and it's still in a league of its own with mindblowing scale and depth: governments are simulated in detail from heads-of-state through cabinet members and generals (each with their own personality that you can use for your own means, else they be used against you), there are tens of hundreds controllable provinces, a sophisticated war economy, tons of scenarios, and more strategic and tactical possibilities than you could ever shake your sharpened, warmongering stick at.

For a more expansive experience, you can also pick up the <span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III DLC Collection</span>, featuring every bit of bonus content released to date - all at 75% off.

The bottom line is, <span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III</span> is as close as it gets to wrapping a hardcore simulation in a fun, one of a kind video game. It's also available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a hefty 75% discount alongside its DLC Collection! The launch promo will last until Tuesday, August 4, 12:59 PM GMT.
Holy crap this looks complicated.I don't have the correct brain for Strategy games anyway but the screens look more like work then play.
Hi there,
i have just joined gog and am going through some of the posts re HOI3. And i find that i can relate to some of comments voiced here.

when i recently cancelled my steam account, i lost all my games, i new i would, and thats fine. but hoi3 is the only game i have bought again since .

i had had HOI3 in my steam library for years before really touching it. but only this year whilst at home with a broken leg did i spend rather a lot of time trying to crack it.

If im honest, i would have to say that in the beginning, i felt a little overwhelmed by its complexity. and repeatedly got stuck in the same place, whilst trying to take the uk on my own quest to beat the reich.
i failed each time with varying degrees of defeat. but felt i had learned more with each attempt.

with the help of a few very patient ,well seasoned players. finally i did manage to achieve great things. i took germany through to victory and basically beat everyone.

the crucial thing with this is to understand just how deep the game is, and how varied the outcome can be.
understanding how certain things like AI command and unit choice and grouping is also important if you want your plan to succeed.

its a game that takes a large amount of time,trial and error, and patience. but for me, an avid strategy gamer, when things work out, then its all worth it.

my advice to anyone thinking of buying it, would have to be, simply go ahead and buy it. you will be challanged and sure it will be frustrating in the beginning, and for the 1st 50 or 60 games, you probably will continue to be so. but its extremely rewarding when you get things right.

i dont know if this will help anyone, but i hope so,
good luck, and happy gaming
phantom_major: Hi there,
i have just joined gog and am going through some of the posts re HOI3. And i find that i can relate to some of comments voiced here.

when i recently cancelled my steam account, i lost all my games, i new i would, and thats fine. but hoi3 is the only game i have bought again since .

i had had HOI3 in my steam library for years before really touching it. but only this year whilst at home with a broken leg did i spend rather a lot of time trying to crack it.

If im honest, i would have to say that in the beginning, i felt a little overwhelmed by its complexity. and repeatedly got stuck in the same place, whilst trying to take the uk on my own quest to beat the reich.
i failed each time with varying degrees of defeat. but felt i had learned more with each attempt.

with the help of a few very patient ,well seasoned players. finally i did manage to achieve great things. i took germany through to victory and basically beat everyone.

the crucial thing with this is to understand just how deep the game is, and how varied the outcome can be.
understanding how certain things like AI command and unit choice and grouping is also important if you want your plan to succeed.

its a game that takes a large amount of time,trial and error, and patience. but for me, an avid strategy gamer, when things work out, then its all worth it.

my advice to anyone thinking of buying it, would have to be, simply go ahead and buy it. you will be challanged and sure it will be frustrating in the beginning, and for the 1st 50 or 60 games, you probably will continue to be so. but its extremely rewarding when you get things right.

i dont know if this will help anyone, but i hope so,
good luck, and happy gaming
Welcome to gog :)

I got this after it was released here & tried a diplomatic/big alliance victory similar to what I did in HoI2. For some odd reason that did not worked out. :/

Felt like the game did not allowed that regardless of how popular I managed to be and how much influence I had in others politics (i.e. same political parties) certain options where always greyed out. In the end the whole campaign was a big stalemate with the games scrips. My Germany refused to push for war and the game refused to allow historical incorrect alliances. Or at least refused the hilarious HOI2 extremes like Poland & USA joining the Axies instead Allies.
phantom_major: when i recently cancelled my steam account, i lost all my games
Why on earth would you do a thing like that? Couldn't you have just stopped using it and pretending it doesn't exist? Or at least give it to the orphanage?
phantom_major: when i recently cancelled my steam account, i lost all my games
timppu: Why on earth would you do a thing like that? Couldn't you have just stopped using it and pretending it doesn't exist? Or at least give it to the orphanage?
Orphanage is a cool idea! +1 for it
However (minor nitpicking) would that be legal (within the ToS of Steam)?
timppu: Why on earth would you do a thing like that? Couldn't you have just stopped using it and pretending it doesn't exist? Or at least give it to the orphanage?
Trilarion: Orphanage is a cool idea! +1 for it
Steam probably wouldn't like to tolerate it but I've read that if you live in the EU, Steam can't legally stop you from selling your bought Steam games if you actually lose access to the games at the same time. I don't know if that was just a lawyer's opinion or a fact but it didn't seem to matter that Steam is a service and you are only "subscribed" to your games. -Don't remember where I've read it, though.
I agree, that wasn't particularly smart.
Post edited August 12, 2016 by 0Grapher
Trilarion: Orphanage is a cool idea! +1 for it
Probably not, but I am unsure if they want to refuse poor orphans their games. The public backlash would be hjuuuuge!