It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience the true scale of a world war, the best in its class, Paradox style.

<span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III</span> the deepest and most accessible World War II simulation yet, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com at a 75% discount when you get it with the Complete DLC Collection in one purchase, or 66% off on its own.

Few would bat an eye if you tried calling the Hearts of Iron series a straight up World War II simulator, these are the few games that would never be out of place in any modern classroom. But for all the irreplicable, massive depth and scale there's a long list of gamers who fell trying to break through the iron curtain of a learning curve.

That's where Hearts of Iron III comes in. It's the sequel that focuses on really streamlining the miles deep simulation and flattening the learning curve to truly become the best and most accessible in its class.

None of this is to say that there's less content here, or that the series sacrificed anything in an appeal to the masses. Hearts of Iron III still takes a time investment, and it's still in a league of its own with mindblowing scale and depth: governments are simulated in detail from heads-of-state through cabinet members and generals (each with their own personality that you can use for your own means, else they be used against you), there are tens of hundreds controllable provinces, a sophisticated war economy, tons of scenarios, and more strategic and tactical possibilities than you could ever shake your sharpened, warmongering stick at.

For a more expansive experience, you can also pick up the <span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III DLC Collection</span>, featuring every bit of bonus content released to date - all at 75% off.

The bottom line is, <span class="bold">Hearts of Iron III</span> is as close as it gets to wrapping a hardcore simulation in a fun, one of a kind video game. It's also available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a hefty 75% discount alongside its DLC Collection! The launch promo will last until Tuesday, August 4, 12:59 PM GMT.
Hm,
to access the modding forums over at paradox plaza we need to register our CD Key.... how do we get ours? Not seeing it on the library page anywhere.
Gloranor: Hm,
to access the modding forums over at paradox plaza we need to register our CD Key.... how do we get ours? Not seeing it on the library page anywhere.
Can't guarantee if GOG's version really has one, but if it does, you should be able to find it by clicking the game's box, "More", "Serial Keys". Otherwise, you might try contacting GOG's support or Paradox Interactive for one.
Gloranor: Hm,
What HoI III mods are you looking for ?
Grargar: Can't guarantee if GOG's version really has one, but if it does, you should be able to find it by clicking the game's box, "More", "Serial Keys". Otherwise, you might try contacting GOG's support or Paradox Interactive for one.
Just checked it. GOG doesn't have a cd key for the Paradox forum....
Crosmando: Whenever I play HoI games I just end up going totally peaceful and ending the game without any war. I played Soviet Union and just become a Isolationist Dove Lobby and spent all my time building Industry, and because I wasn't interventionist (didn't interfere in the Spanish Civil War, never invaded Finland or anything else) Nazi Germany never invaded me. These games just tend to be boring unless you're super-aggressive.
I did nothing and Nazi Germany invaded me in 1941 when I was playing as Soviet Union. I did build up my forces though to prepare for Barbarossa.
cw8: I did nothing and Nazi Germany invaded me in 1941 when I was playing as Soviet Union. I did build up my forces though to prepare for Barbarossa.
What was your slider for dove/hawk and isolationist/interventionist?
Grargar: Can't guarantee if GOG's version really has one, but if it does, you should be able to find it by clicking the game's box, "More", "Serial Keys". Otherwise, you might try contacting GOG's support or Paradox Interactive for one.
ElTerprise: Just checked it. GOG doesn't have a cd key for the Paradox forum....
Interesting. How does the HoI 3 multiplayer work then? Cause I see gog listing it as a supported mode in the game card.
Matruchus: Interesting. How does the HoI 3 multiplayer work then? Cause I see gog listing it as a supported mode in the game card.
No idea. But i don't how the multiplayer in paradox works anyway as i never used multiplyer in those games before. Not having a cd key might be problem in that case because of the structure of the Paradox-forums...
cw8: I did nothing and Nazi Germany invaded me in 1941 when I was playing as Soviet Union. I did build up my forces though to prepare for Barbarossa.
Crosmando: What was your slider for dove/hawk and isolationist/interventionist?
I don't remember seeing Dove, Isolationist sliders in HOI3, I do remember them in HOI2. Didn't play SU in HOI2, played US and Canada. In HOI3, you get DOWed by Nazis regardless. If playing Germany, you get DOWed by Soviet Union eventually as well.
Oh yeah, sorry I didn't mention I was talking about HoI2 (specifically Arsenal of Democracy), I haven't played HoI3 yet.
It's a good game but I wouldn't call it a WW2 Simulator: it whitewashes the war far too much for that.
Is Imperium good ?
Yeah, it's not there. I'll make a support request, Hopefully it's just an oversight and gets fixed quickly :), a company requiring a CD Key to enjoy everything a game has to offer and then withholding the key from a store would be rather... disappointing.

ne_zavarj: What HoI III mods are you looking for ?
To be honest, I'm not sure - judging from the wiki, Imperium, A-HOI3-Treasure (if there is a TFM version - is the wiki up-to-date?) and Black ICE (which also mention a Large Adress Aware verwsion of the executable required to fix crashes... is that already the version gog has, or do we need that too?) might be interesting - without access to the forums it's hard to tell what else exists, though.
Post edited August 02, 2015 by Gloranor
I installed the game today (+ DLC pack) and I have issues with two scenarios. They are missing descriptions, nations and probably more. The only thing I altered were flags, otherwise the game is exactly as provided by GOG. The game automatically starts with "The Finest Hour" add-on and starting the base game alone doesn't change anything regarding this error so I'm out of ideas.
*push*
I'd also like to know if/when we will get the key(s) for the forum.