It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Klumpen0815: Player made servers, LAN-play, hotseat and splitscreen still exist and a multiplayer game on a supposedly DRM-free store should have at least one of those and be independent of third parties.
In your case such would be dedicated server binary like in old FPSses, LAN and/or probably hotseat.
On a practical note – the issue of hotseat has been debated for a long time in the community, and it's just not feasible in a game like Gremlins, Inc. which has tons of interactions at every round, and where keeping your cards secret is a must – in parallel with being able to always look at the playing field in order not to miss the strategy of the opponents. If we were to design a hotseat mode, we would have to modify the mechanics as well, creating a special deck that would have cards and misfortunes with the high interaction level removed, as well as modify UI, insert a bunch of "make the others look away" screens, etc. You can check Steam forums for a couple of threads where people with 100+ hours in the game weigh in.

On a more general note – for sure, there are endless opportunities to develop a software product. For example, we could have done a mobile version. Or – based on a number of recent requests – a version for Nintendo Switch. Or – based on the massive feedback from the Chinese community – to make a new China-themed DLC. But we're not going to pursue those features because we made a choice to prioritise other aspects of how we want to grow the game. For sure, we're reading comments here just like we're reading comments everywhere else, and it all adds up tot he internal discussion.
SergeiKlimov: 3) Why would you decide to pay for these character DLCs that were developed specifically for Gremlins, Inc. – if you have no desire/no possibility to play the very product for which they are designed, advertised and sold for?
GOGer: It's psychological, and you know this. People want to have "complete" games.
That is not supported by the actual data.

We're looking at roughly 15% attachment rate to the DLCs, and in this regard sales on GOG show exactly the same correlation between the main product and the DLCs, as sales on Steam.

With all the differences in how community communicates, the main game/DLC sales ratio on GOG and on Steam is the same.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
SergeiKlimov: That is not supported by the actual data.

We're looking at roughly 15% attachment rate to the DLCs, and in this regard sales on GOG show exactly the same correlation between the main product and the DLCs, as sales on Steam.

With all the differences in how community communicates, the main game/DLC sales ratio on GOG and on Steam is the same.
Your explanations are really funny :) And nearly all of them pointless . As a developer you need to accept something and focus to fix your product . But your reactions are like "hey you don't need it" , "hey ignore it" ,"that's wrong" , "that's incorrect" bla bla bla . Stop acting like a child . Many people on here nicely asking something about your product and you simply ignoring all of them .
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Skysect
Klumpen0815: Player made servers, LAN-play, hotseat and splitscreen still exist and a multiplayer game on a supposedly DRM-free store should have at least one of those and be independent of third parties.
In your case such would be dedicated server binary like in old FPSses, LAN and/or probably hotseat.
SergeiKlimov: On a practical note – the issue of hotseat has been debated for a long time in the community, and it's just not feasible in a game like Gremlins, Inc. which has tons of interactions at every round, and where keeping your cards secret is a must – in parallel with being able to always look at the playing field in order not to miss the strategy of the opponents. If we were to design a hotseat mode, we would have to modify the mechanics as well, creating a special deck that would have cards and misfortunes with the high interaction level removed, as well as modify UI, insert a bunch of "make the others look away" screens, etc. You can check Steam forums for a couple of threads where people with 100+ hours in the game weigh in.
Still ignoring LAN and player made servers, I see.
That would make the game DRM-free and have a place here.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by Klumpen0815
ZaineH: Always-online DRM on GOG... Someone tell me I hit my head whilst hiking and am in a coma.
Well to fair, it's really no different than any other game on GOG except for the fact they are broken a part. The single player in both versions, which you get in a single purchase, is essentially the same (minus the online item drops) and that version of the game can be played offline. And many of us only care as long that the single player is DRM free (though I realize not everyone agrees with that) but comparing to other GOG current offering's it's not much different.

It's weird and kind of a unique release, but personally for me as long as GOG keeps the single player accessible offline and DRM Free, then it's okay with me (and I would assume many others given what is sold here). And I think this release does fit in accordance with that even if the offline version of single player is offered as as separate product.

Still the dev can't say I didn't warn them... they seem to think GOG should change for them, and I tried to tell them that's not how it works. GOG is not Steam. Just my 2 cents.
Skysect: As a developer you need to accept something and focus to fix your product . But your reactions are like "hey you don't need it" , "hey ignore it" ,"that's wrong" , "that's incorrect"
We're far from advising anyone on what they should "want" or whether they should "ignore" anything that matters to them. However, as a dev team, we make our own choices on which features to focus on, based on what will have the biggest positive impact on the player experience of the overall community.

We've got no plans to port the game to Switch for the same reason why we've got no plans to invest time in making Gremlins, Inc. DLCs compatible with Gremlins vs Automatons or to develop a hotseat mode: in our estimate, the dev time is best invested into other features.

If for you the unsupported features are a priority, then you should not buy our game, as simple as that. The description of the game on the store page lists only the supported features and does not promise anything that we have not delivered. If you spot any inconsistency in those descriptions, please feel free to suggest amends and we're happy to review those.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
Klumpen0815: Still ignoring LAN and player made servers, I see.
Since its release here, Gremlins, Inc. shows some pretty great sales on GOG, with a number of regions in the top (US/FR/DE/PL in the lead).

I'm not sure what this means for your statement above: that the people who are buying the product on GOG are not really a part of the GOG community? But that would be discriminative, and arbitrarily value opinion of one group of people over the other...

This all sounds very unusual to me, to be honest: that the people who did not buy our game, are telling us that the game has "no place on GOG", which is contradicted by the hard data of actual sales of the product on GOG. Does this mean that the voice of a person who did not buy the game should count more than the voice of the person who actually bought the game and is enjoying it? Are they wrong to buy and play? Are we wrong to take the good sales and low refunds for a proof that the game is making players happy? Really puzzled here.
Klumpen0815: Still ignoring LAN and player made servers, I see.
SergeiKlimov: Since its release here, Gremlins, Inc. shows some pretty great sales on GOG, with a number of regions in the top (US/FR/DE/PL in the lead).

I'm not sure what this means for your statement above: that the people who are buying the product on GOG are not really a part of the GOG community? But that would be discriminative, and arbitrarily value opinion of one group of people over the other...

This all sounds very unusual to me, to be honest: that the people who did not buy our game, are telling us that the game has "no place on GOG", which is contradicted by the hard data of actual sales of the product on GOG. Does this mean that the voice of a person who did not buy the game should count more than the voice of the person who actually bought the game and is enjoying it? Are they wrong to buy and play? Are we wrong to take the good sales and low refunds for a proof that the game is making players happy? Really puzzled here.
I got your game from both Steam and GOG with all available DLCs and now it makes me "who did not buy our game" ? How nice . Thanks . I heard developers could refund games from Steam even doesn't fit refund policy . If you could refund I would consider it . I really didn't like your ideas . Doesn't fit to my vision . So I will happily refund it from both Steam and GOG for the first time .
Skysect: I got your game from both Steam and GOG with all available DLCs and now it makes me "who did not buy our game" ? How nice . Thanks .
You are responding to my comment that is addressed to another person.

You are injecting yourself into the conversation, even though you were not mentioned.

So I'll go ahead and start a new conversation here:

* You bought the game and all DLCs on Steam.
* The same game released on GOG, 1:1 minus Steam Marketplace and Item Store functionalities.
* You bought exactly the same game and all DLCs on GOG.
* You are now asking for a refund.
* You are asking for a developer-initiated refund, which means the game is not refundable under the regular policy of these platforms.

Please explain the context here?
Skysect: I got your game from both Steam and GOG with all available DLCs and now it makes me "who did not buy our game" ? How nice . Thanks .
SergeiKlimov: You are responding to my comment that is addressed to another person.

You are injecting yourself into the conversation, even though you were not mentioned.

So I'll go ahead and start a new conversation here:

* You bought the game and all DLCs on Steam.
* The same game released on GOG, 1:1 minus Steam Marketplace and Item Store functionalities.
* You bought exactly the same game and all DLCs on GOG.
* You are now asking for a refund.
* You are asking for a developer-initiated refund, which means the game is not refundable under the regular policy of these platforms.

Please explain the context here?
Yes ? I bought it for support developers because I heard you want to release it for GOG with an offline version . I didn't think it as crippled version . Even I didn't exceed 2 hours playtime . But 2 weeks passed long time ago . So now release of that I saw it's not an exact same version . Many features I liked in Gremlins Inc. crippled out and I am pissed off . So what's wrong here ?
ZaineH: Always-online DRM on GOG... Someone tell me I hit my head whilst hiking and am in a coma.
Games with Denuvo coming to GoG soon ^^
Skysect: I bought it for support developers because I heard you want to release it for GOG with an offline version . I didn't think it as crippled version . Even I didn't exceed 2 hours playtime . But 2 weeks passed long time ago . So now release of that I saw it's not an exact same version . Many features I liked in Gremlins Inc. crippled out and I am pissed off . So what's wrong here ?
Let me clarify, please:

1. You own Gremlins, Inc. on Steam.

2. In March 2017, we released Gremlins vs Automatons (the "offline version") on Steam to all owners of Gremlins, Inc. – including you.

3. In May 2017, we released exactly the same product Gremlins vs Automatons on GOG, as well as the original Gremlins, Inc.

4. Following that you bought Gremlins, Inc. (with Gremlins vs Automatons included) again, on GOG.

So you already owned Gremlins vs Automatons in your Steam library for 60 days; you did not launch it, you did not check it, you just bought it again on GOG (?!?); and only after buying it for the second time on GOG (?), did you actually run the game and discover that the offline edition has "many features crippled out" – to be exact, Workshop (which needs to connect to server to get the mods); Marketplace (which needs Steam connection); in-game item grants (which needs to connect to server); and multiplayer mode (which needs server to connect with other players).

Is this the correct summary of the events leading up to your request to refund the copy you bought on Steam, which you post here on GOG forum that discusses the release of the game on GOG?
Skysect: I bought it for support developers because I heard you want to release it for GOG with an offline version . I didn't think it as crippled version . Even I didn't exceed 2 hours playtime . But 2 weeks passed long time ago . So now release of that I saw it's not an exact same version . Many features I liked in Gremlins Inc. crippled out and I am pissed off . So what's wrong here ?
SergeiKlimov: Let me clarify, please:

1. You own Gremlins, Inc. on Steam.

2. In March 2017, we released Gremlins vs Automatons (the "offline version") on Steam to all owners of Gremlins, Inc. – including you.

3. In May 2017, we released exactly the same product Gremlins vs Automatons on GOG, as well as the original Gremlins, Inc.

4. Following that you bought Gremlins, Inc. (with Gremlins vs Automatons included) again, on GOG.

So you already owned Gremlins vs Automatons in your Steam library for 60 days; you did not launch it, you did not check it, you just bought it again on GOG (?!?); and only after buying it for the second time on GOG (?), did you actually run the game and discover that the offline edition has "many features crippled out" – to be exact, Workshop (which needs to connect to server to get the mods); Marketplace (which needs Steam connection); in-game item grants (which needs to connect to server); and multiplayer mode (which needs server to connect with other players).

Is this the correct summary of the events leading up to your request to refund the copy you bought on Steam, which you post here on GOG forum that discusses the release of the game on GOG?
I don't care about other fucking crap . I only want to play my game with fucking bought DLCs OK ? If you won't refund game then don't post "if you didn't like it , then refund" messages in your posts . I already know you can't refund it because , everyone could see how you are greedy . And locking all of those DLCs with DRM . This was the last post of mine . This game's price won't kill me but everyone could see in this thread , how you reacting to players . And I am sure this will costs much more to you than what I paid . Good luck , hope you will share same fate with Armello :)
Skysect: I don't care about other fucking crap . I only want to play my game with fucking bought DLCs OK ?
1. You bought Gremlins, Inc. on Steam.

2. You bought three character DLCs for Gremlins, Inc. on Steam.

3. In March 2017 we released the offline companion product Gremlins vs Automatons, which you received on Steam for free.

4. The DLCs for Gremlins, Inc. were not intended to work with Gremlins vs Automatons. You had 60 days to play the offline edition on Steam, but you did not do it. You also did not check whether the character DLCs that you own, work with Gremlins vs Automatons – and you did not post any questions about this on Steam forums.

5. Earlier this week, you went ahead and bought the same game, Gremlins, Inc., on GOG, as well as all DLCs, which you already owned on Steam, without running Gremlins vs Automatons even once on Steam.

6. You now want a refund on the Steam version, which you ask here on GOG.

I'm sorry but I find this pretty confusing.
The DLC for Gremlins Inc. are, as far as I can tell, the ONLY items sold on GOG which are not usable in any way without on-line DRM (Galaxy) and thus should not be allowed to be sold here.

I quote from the GOG frontpage: "DRM-free means no copy protection, on-line checks, or any other annoyances. ... On GOG.com, no matter if you are online or offline, you will never be locked away from your purchases." This is true for the main game, because you can still play the crippled Gremlins vs Automatons, but it is not true for the DLC! The DLC only works with an on-line service under the control of the developer and thus is NOT DRM-free!
Good to see at least some resistance against crippleware here.