It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready to play dirty?

<span class="bold">Gremlins, Inc.</span>, a fierce digital board game where you must outmanoeuvre other gremlin businessmen at every turn, is now available on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

This is a gremlin eat gremlin world of ruthless capitalism, political power struggles, and opportunistic moves. Use cunning, subterfuge, and your conveniently maladjusted moral compass to navigate a steampunk universe of cut-throat profiteering, both in single-player and multiplayer.

Expand your experience further with the <span class="bold">Digital Artbook</span> or <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, plus the <span class="bold">Uninvited Guests</span>, <span class="bold">Astral Gamblers</span>, and <span class="bold">Automated Competitors</span> DLC.

The 50% discount will last until May 18, 13:00 PM UTC.

NOTE: The game supports Galaxy/Steam crossplay, GOG Galaxy achievements, and a fully functional mod Workshop, among other things.

When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.

Tinker with the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Skysect: We bought DLCs too because we hoped you will release it for offline product too .
On what basis you have built this hope, if you don't mind me asking?

Skysect: Why I have limited avatar choices ? I already bought those DLCs ?
Because you bought DLCs for another game, hoping that they will work? I don't know if GOG has a refund system of any form, but I hope they do and that you can use it.

Skysect: You said with your own words they are same game . You can't lose anything and only difference are drops . Than you are saying they are very different products and we can't implement them for that game ?
They are the same in a sense that they provide identical gameplay in the single-player mode (minus all online features). Still, these games are different products. Sorry, if this confuses you, but this is how it is.
Skysect: We bought DLCs too because we hoped you will release it for offline product too .
Qfasa: On what basis you have built this hope, if you don't mind me asking?

Skysect: Why I have limited avatar choices ? I already bought those DLCs ?
Qfasa: Because you bought DLCs for another game, hoping that they will work? I don't know if GOG has a refund system of any form, but I hope they do and that you can use it.

Skysect: You said with your own words they are same game . You can't lose anything and only difference are drops . Than you are saying they are very different products and we can't implement them for that game ?
Qfasa: They are the same in a sense that they provide identical gameplay in the single-player mode (minus all online features). Still, these games are different products. Sorry, if this confuses you, but this is how it is.
Even both games doesn't have seperate store pages and bundled together ? It seems we can't communicate with you . Good luck with your product .
cemacar: It's really unacceptable I'm paying for these dlc's but they are behind DRMWALL.
SergeiKlimov: I'm not sure that I understand your concern here.

1) The character DLCs are specifically marked as being created for Gremlins, Inc.

2) Gremlins, Inc. is an online-only product that features multiplayer mode and single-player mode with item drops, mods and challenge ladders.

3) Why would you decide to pay for these character DLCs that were developed specifically for Gremlins, Inc. – if you have no desire/no possibility to play the very product for which they are designed, advertised and sold for?
We buyed these DLC's because we thought they were for the Drm-Free game. It's not steam there should be no online-only product. Most people here doesn't care abot online play if I want online I can go and buy gremlins inc. from steam. I'm buying from GoG because I want the game without any DRM and I want full experience not half assed abomination.
I can see you are a good team and answering us but please also listen to us we have one reason to use GoG, we want full Drm-Free experience.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by cemacar
high rated
I don't see the " Warning!!! This DLC doesn't work with the single player part of the game . " sign on the Gog pages of the DLCs .
Seems to me that the developers make it more than clear enough on the store page that there are two products involved here. Clearly then a DLC is for one or the other, or both if so specified, which it clearly isn't : (attached pics)

By the way, at the top right there is a notice which says that

PLEASE NOTE: An internet connection and GOG Galaxy are required in order to access the multiplayer content in Gremlins, Inc.

Unless I'm missing something here that should read:

... in order to access the multiplayer and single-player content in Gremlins, Inc.
Attachments:
exbt1.jpg (18 Kb)
exbt2.jpg (25 Kb)
exbt3.jpg (41 Kb)
Matewis: Seems to me that the developers make it more than clear enough on the store page that there are two products involved here. Clearly then a DLC is for one or the other, or both if so specified, which it clearly isn't : (attached pics)

By the way, at the top right there is a notice which says that

PLEASE NOTE: An internet connection and GOG Galaxy are required in order to access the multiplayer content in Gremlins, Inc.

Unless I'm missing something here that should read:

... in order to access the multiplayer and single-player content in Gremlins, Inc.
and I can't see that part on there too ?

" I don't see the " Warning!!! This DLC doesn't work with the single player part of the game . " sign on the Gog pages of the DLCs ."
DampSquib: It's a DRM product being sold on a DRM free store, where the adverts say DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play......couldn't be more fucking wrong could it.
I can see that you're angry at GOG, and as this issue of platform's overall strategy and approach is not relevant to our game, I don't think I can help you deal with that issue.
Painted_Doll: I don't see the " Warning!!! This DLC doesn't work with the single player part of the game . " sign on the Gog pages of the DLCs .
This wording is incorrect.

The DLCs work with both single-player and multiplayer modes of Gremlins, Inc.

And their store pages say explicitly that they are for Gremlins, Inc.. Not for Gremlins vs Automatons.

If GOG team considers that this is not enough of an explanation, they might add a clarification that these DLCs do not work with Gremlins vs Automatons, but granted that DLC purchases normally happen when people already spent some time in the core game and loved it enough to buy an expansion, that might not be really necessary.

cemacar: We buyed these DLC's because we thought they were for the Drm-Free game.
At this point all I can suggest is to ask GOG to see if they could update the store pages of DLCs in order to help people avoid mistakes like this, when someone buys DLC for Gremlins, Inc. and assumes that it works with Gremlins vs Automatons. I'll pass the note to GOG's product team (as we have no direct access to edit the store pages).
Matewis: Unless I'm missing something here that should read:

That's a good catch. I would imagine that it was shortened in order to fit the size requirements, I'll add this to the thread where we discuss the store pages with GOG. I guess that for DLC store pages, we can all try adding something like "This DLC is compatible with Gremlins, Inc. This DLC is not compatible with Gremlins vs Automatons".
Post edited May 13, 2017 by SergeiKlimov
Skysect: " I don't see the " Warning!!! This DLC doesn't work with the single player part of the game . " sign on the Gog pages of the DLCs ."
This would be an incorrect statement.
high rated
SergeiKlimov: Gremlins, Inc. is a digital board game that was designed with multiplayer and meta-game in mind. What exactly is unfair: that we developed a multiplayer game? So every multiplayer game is then unfair because if the servers are down, then that't the end of the story?
Don't pretend that there's only DRMed multiplayer.
Player made servers, LAN-play, hotseat and splitscreen still exist and a multiplayer game on a supposedly DRM-free store should have at least one of those and be independent of third parties.
In your case such would be dedicated server binary like in old FPSses, LAN and/or probably hotseat.

A game that depends on servers to be playable at all has no place in a DRM-free store.
I have spent thousands of € here for years for not having to bother with checking for DRM, this time has obviously passed.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Klumpen0815
SergeiKlimov: Gremlins, Inc. is a digital board game that was designed with multiplayer and meta-game in mind. What exactly is unfair: that we developed a multiplayer game? So every multiplayer game is then unfair because if the servers are down, then that't the end of the story?
Klumpen0815: Don't pretend that there's only DRMed multiplayer.
Player made servers, LAN-play, hotseat and splitscreen still exist and a multiplayer game on a supposedly DRM-free store should have at least one of those and be independent of third parties.
In your case such would be dedicated server binary like in old FPSses, LAN and/or probably hotseat.

A game that depends on servers to be playable at all has no place in a DRM-free store.
I have spent thousands of € here for years for not having to bother with checking for DRM, this time has obviously passed.
I couldn't agree more, that's why I have created the wish for the following feature:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/deny_onlineonly_games_that_require_a_server_not_under_control_of_the_player
This is not aimed solely at Gremlins Inc. but at all games that taint GOG with these practises.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by jorlin

jorlin: I couldn't agree more, that's why I have created the wish for the following feature:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/deny_onlineonly_games_that_require_a_server_not_under_control_of_the_player
This is not aimed solely at Gremlins Inc. but at all games that taint GOG with these practises.
I voted as well :)

jorlin: I couldn't agree more, that's why I have created the wish for the following feature:
Count me in too !
That is one of the line that should never had been crossed

Seems i'm among the dinosaurs who were raised with LAN multiplayer games and dedicated/hosted servers...

the regular gremlins inc. indeeds chooses to rely on an exclusive and proprietary online server for its core game (while, as it was said: LAN, TCP/IP, hotseat...) and as such, it wouldnt have its place on a DRM-free store... I guess that it's different on GOG and they decided to sell games that are defective by design from the very start now... Is this GOG future ? go there then, but dont wait for me !

hah, i just noticed something interesting. notice how devs don't have rep. funny that...
can i (a nobody?) turn off this pile-on hive mind social interaction downvote reddit fagshit bullshit feature? hmm, can i? no? shove forum rating systems up your collective arses, those of you who like them.
Totally agree! +1

As for the topic at hand, agreed. This is the creep-on effect that will one day transform GOG into another online platform, in the strictest sense of the word.
Post edited May 14, 2017 by GOGer
SergeiKlimov: 3) Why would you decide to pay for these character DLCs that were developed specifically for Gremlins, Inc. – if you have no desire/no possibility to play the very product for which they are designed, advertised and sold for?
It's psychological, and you know this. People want to have "complete" games.

Just based on what I read in this thread alone, what about "menu music" or "backgrounds" are MP focused? (I'll give you the "avatars for character" because I assume those are normally only seen when online.) But you mean if I sit at the game menu now, and listen to whatever music plays, that's fine, but having all tracks is somehow not doable because one of the tracks is magically designed to only work if you're playing online? The guy above listed several things that are only available via the DLC which only works with the online SP version, yet 90% of these items -cosmetic b/s or not- could be just given away -inserted- into the offline SP module. I mean the offline SP module does already have some music/avatars/backgrounds, no? (I don't know, so perhaps not, though very unlikely.) People just want "the rest" of these items too, and they don't care or accept your reasons that those items "primarily only affect or are even visible only during online sessions", because most are just game "enhancements"; menu music, backgrounds, etc.. which means not including them in the offline SP module is done artificially - probably to justify the DLC itself. This game is already old enough that it should not be peace mealed out in segments.

For GOG, you should just have one package that includes EVERYTHING in the GOG EXE (even if there still would be different and separate "modules") and for a fair price. You still want like $40+ for everything? Yeah, right!
Post edited May 14, 2017 by GOGer
GOG.com: When you buy this game, you get 2 products in your GOG Library: Gremlins, Inc. – playable online in single-player and multiplayer modes, with item drops; and Gremlins vs Automatons – playable offline in single-player mode.
Always-online DRM on GOG... Someone tell me I hit my head whilst hiking and am in a coma.