It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.

The launch discount will last for one week until April 25, 7:00 AM UTC.

Air-guitar to the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
I agree that Grim Fandango was a bad argument against HD versions, since the controls in the original Grim Fandango were clumsy and were the game's biggest weakness.
It's the old ,eternal debate: The Purist against The advocated of change.
I think his comparasion of Doublefine's HD editions and indie games like Thumbleweed Park is questionable because the Indie point and click games are aimed at a niche audience of people who grew up with the Sierra/Lucasarts style adventures and don't mind the dated graphics;the Doublefine remakes are designed to appeal not just to fans of the original but to a younger generation of gamers fo rwhom the dated graphics are a major issue.
Anyway,Doublefine has gone out of it's way to accomdate fans of the original with the option to use th eoriginal graphics.
Grim Fandango is the one that really need a HD edition;it was becoming almost impossible to play on a modern computer without a great deal of tweaks and fixes (many of which did not work all that well anyway) and because it was a Windows game there was no easy DOSBOX/Scummv solution if you had the originals.

I wonder if a HD version of the last two Monkey Island games on in the works;that might explain their absence from GOG. The 4th game is like Fandango in that is has major problems on a modern computer.
The third game is playable in ScummV but is pretty pricey in the used game market;probbly cost you around 20 bucks,about what DOublefine charges for it's game.
But please, keep buying games and we'll keep mastering games - nobody likes a stale market, right?
[TS throws a towel at you]
dudalb: I think his comparasion of Doublefine's HD editions and indie games like Thumbleweed Park is questionable because the Indie point and click games are aimed at a niche audience of people who grew up with the Sierra/Lucasarts style adventures and don't mind the dated graphics;
Dated graphics? I respectfully disagree.

dudalb: Grim Fandango is the one that really need a HD edition;it was becoming almost impossible to play on a modern computer without a great deal of tweaks and fixes (many of which did not work all that well anyway) and because it was a Windows game there was no easy DOSBOX/Scummv solution if you had the originals.
Actually no. At this time ResidualVM supported the game perfectly fine multi-platform (Win, Linux, MacOS) including a mouse mod (whose developer visited DF because of it!).

Btw. meanwhile support for MI4 seems to be very good too.
kbnrylaec: I just beat the game using Wine + Linux.

I am very satisfied with the remastered version. :-)
Great. I'll be buying it soon-ish.
dudalb: Grim Fandango is the one that really need a HD edition;it was becoming almost impossible to play on a modern computer without a great deal of tweaks and fixes (many of which did not work all that well anyway) and because it was a Windows game there was no easy DOSBOX/Scummv solution if you had the originals.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Actually no. At this time ResidualVM supported the game perfectly fine multi-platform (Win, Linux, MacOS) including a mouse mod (whose developer visited DF because of it!).
I might be wrong but afaik at least the German version was not easy to install even using residualvm because of the DRM being used which prevented you to copy some of the needed files. There is a Grim Fandango installer for the German version available as well to solve this but using this, residualvm and an additional mod is quite some effort when you could as well simply install and run the remastered version imo.
Post edited April 20, 2017 by MarkoH01
That is what I got:that residual was always wonky in operation and never really as stable as Scummv were.

Anyway. a used copy of Grim Fandango cost almost as much as the HD version, so unless you already own the original, you might as well buy the HD version and avoid having to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to run on a modern computer.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Actually no. At this time ResidualVM supported the game perfectly fine multi-platform (Win, Linux, MacOS) including a mouse mod (whose developer visited DF because of it!).
MarkoH01: I might be wrong but afaik at least the German version was not easy to install even using residualvm because of the DRM being used which prevented you to copy some of the needed files. There is a Grim Fandango installer for the German version available as well to solve this but using this, residualvm and an additional mod is quite some effort when you could as well simply install and run the remastered version imo.
Yes, the German version used an invalid TOC making the data files appears several GBs in size.
Beside that it's not hard to install everything, also GOG could have packaged all the necessary stuff like it already does with ScummVM supported games.

dudalb: Anyway. a used copy of Grim Fandango cost almost as much as the HD version, so unless you already own the original, you might as well buy the HD version and avoid having to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to run on a modern computer.
I like remastered versions because it makes those games finally available again (although I own them already anyways).
Additional features are nice (I like especially the commentary), but to be honest: I don't need those new graphics (especially when talking about 2D pixel games like FT, DOTT, MI1&2).

MI1&2 look completely different so it's a very subjective matter if someone likes it or not.
DOTT isn't that bad since it's comic style.
But FT... I like the original much more as it looks more realistic (not so clean) and conveys much more (implied) details.

Classic mode was a great idea! (still I often use ScummVM instead)
Post edited April 21, 2017 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
I like the graphics of the original Full Throllte just fine,but there is no debate a LOT of younger gamers have problems with them.
tfishell: EDT: Huh, there are Steam features (achievements, controller support, etc.) on the Steam version, I wonder why Galaxy doesn't have similar features.
Isn't mouse a far superior device for playing P 'n C, though? We are not missing much I think. Playing real time strategy, FPS and Point 'n Click games are much better with a mouse.
I'm surprised some individuals prefer using a gamepad, for games like this.
If it was a platformer or a fighting game I could see an advantage in using it.
I agree, I could never use a controller for a point and click strategy game....but apparently lots of people do.
Post edited April 21, 2017 by dudalb
almabrds: Isn't mouse a far superior device for playing P 'n C, though? We are not missing much I think. Playing real time strategy, FPS and Point 'n Click games are much better with a mouse.
dudalb: I agree, I could never use a controller for a point and click strategy game....but apparently lots of people do.
I've always played P'n'C adventure games using mouse BUT especially including the keyboard to select verbs (+ inventory items in Lucasfilm Games ones).

But when playing Thimbleweed Park I've used a pen when playing it alone (on a tablet).
And I've used a controller when playing with others on a bigger screen. Controller needed some tweaking for this game (verb selection), but otherwise it works really great! (which surprised me)
(disclaimer: I don't know how well controller implementation in Full Throttle Remastered is working)
tfishell: EDT: Huh, there are Steam features (achievements, controller support, etc.) on the Steam version, I wonder why Galaxy doesn't have similar features.
almabrds: Isn't mouse a far superior device for playing P 'n C, though? We are not missing much I think. Playing real time strategy, FPS and Point 'n Click games are much better with a mouse.
If it was a platformer or a fighting game I could see an advantage in using it.
Probably but it's frustrating to see games not get equal treatment on Steam and GOG.
RottenRotz: Does it contain original version?
kbnrylaec: You can switch between remastered and original version any time.
I *guess* original files could be extracted.
DoubleFine Explorer was updated to v1.3.7 with Full Throttle Remastered support, wohoo!
(btw. there is also a donate button :-)

Everyone owning the Remastered version can now extract the original files and play them with ScummVM on their favourite platform (note: DoubleFine Explorer seems to work with Wine).
Post edited April 23, 2017 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
Hum, the description don't talk about the Mac version anymore (who was anounced to be released later). i bought this waiting for the mac version. hope they didn't change their minds
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: DoubleFine Explorer was updated to v1.3.7 with Full Throttle Remastered support, wohoo!
(btw. there is also a donate button :-)
Thank you! Downloading~