It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.

The launch discount will last for one week until April 25, 7:00 AM UTC.

Air-guitar to the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
Oh boy, did I wake up in 1995?! This makes for one fantastic day! :D
Does this make the original version obsolete or is there still good reason to play the original as well? In other words, is this a Day of the Tentacle kind of re-release or Monkey Island kind?
damien: Does this make the original version obsolete or is there still good reason to play the original as well? In other words, is this a Day of the Tentacle kind of re-release or Monkey Island kind?
depends on how the much the original means to you, but I think both can co-exist.
And again, a Double Fine game without achievements, only for GOG.

A remaster of a Lucas Classics, 14, 99$.
Offer less features and treat GOG users as second-tier citizens has no price.
For everything else, mastercard.

I'm fed up with this situation of discrimination.
okay now let's download it and hope it won't give problems like DOTT did, vc runtime kept on nagging to install over and over again....

If it is, i will reply here and (edit the post)

game seems to run............ no problems except the high cpu usage like the DOTT game ...... :D
Seems all the remake games need to slighly 'stress ' the CPU cause the GPU is relaxed and doesnt seem to be doing anything, GPU get's all the load even at lowest graphics setting.

check screenshot: fullthrottle_low.jpg (lowest graphics setting )

I can try the nvidia settings , the vsync , but the CPU is having problems not the GPU so i guess this game will be a 'hot' game to play.... seems optimising games is quite hard to do nowadays :D thats why i favor the old clasic ones.

Fortunately i have the old dos version :D

edit:

gpu settings for this games .exe file are switched to off and the cpu usage goes down by 10 tot 12 %
so thats alittle better.

set graphics to low and the cpu goes down to 22% (still to high) but acceptable
the GPU is also quite busy compared to other games.
Unitygames are still the 'bad' boys in extremely bad performing , optimisation is non existent with unity games.

check gpu.png

Overall the game is still running to hot ...
Attachments:
gpu.png (16 Kb)
Post edited April 18, 2017 by gamesfreak64
low rated
meleemonkey: I am a bit concerned that any reference to the Mac or Linux versions has now been completely removed, even the "at a later date". Did you just pick May as an example, or have you heard that May is when the Linux version is actually due?
Just as an example, unfortunately. The Linux version for Day of the Tentacle came out in June, almost three months later, but Mac was day 1 I think.
damien: Does this make the original version obsolete or is there still good reason to play the original as well? In other words, is this a Day of the Tentacle kind of re-release or Monkey Island kind?
Lord_Kane: depends on how the much the original means to you, but I think both can co-exist.
I was more curious because u can supposedly switch between classic and remastered graphics
Lord_Kane: depends on how the much the original means to you, but I think both can co-exist.
damien: I was more curious because u can supposedly switch between classic and remastered graphics
You can, via the F1 key or via the ingame options menu.
Xabyer_B: And again, a Double Fine game without achievements, only for GOG.

A remaster of a Lucas Classics, 14, 99$.
Offer less features and treat GOG users as second-tier citizens has no price.
For everything else, mastercard.

I'm fed up with this situation of discrimination.
you mean achievements that require the galaxy client ?

Order of the thorne seems to have some , or just calls some library, but that triggers an error in my case, so i installed the galaxy but the problem wasn't solved, so the game is unplayable for me.

Oh! sir... also added achievements and it produced errors, lucky for me they added it by adding external .dll files

After i removed these .dll files from the folder and put them into another folder the game started to work again.
I dont have anything against achievements but a game should be able to run without errors if a needed client is not running or detected.
Achievements should be 100% optional.

I bought oh sir ! at steam cause they had it first, i liked the game and mentioned it here, Steam ohsir has achievements through the steams own dll, this dll seems to know if the client runs or not, if it doesnt, there's no achievements and the game still run and does not crash or fail to startup..

Anyway i already played computer games in the 80s and we had no achievements, Steam was not founded then:

"In 2002, the managing director of Valve, Gabe Newell, said he was offering mod teams a game engine license and distribution over Steam"
The only form of achievments were if you played a browsergame.

as for online gaming

The late 1990s saw an explosion of MMORPGs, including Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds (1996), Ultima Online (1997), Lineage (1998), and EverQuest (1999). In 2000, Sony introduced online multiplayer gaming to the PlayStation 2 for the first time for one of their consoles.
So all the time we had no achievements, and like i said before i dont mind achievements but they should be added to a game and make sure the game still works if certain clients or extras are not installed, so they should be optional.

If you make a game that has to have certain extras like clients installed and running just to have achievements then the optional doesnt apply anylonger. Make sure the game doesnt crash or display warnings just because some code isnt integrated well in the game.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by gamesfreak64
damien: I was more curious because u can supposedly switch between classic and remastered graphics
Lord_Kane: You can, via the F1 key or via the ingame options menu.
then again, you could do that with Monkey Island remasters but the sound remained remastered (and quite bad) :)
Lord_Kane: You can, via the F1 key or via the ingame options menu.
damien: then again, you could do that with Monkey Island remasters but the sound remained remastered (and quite bad) :)
thankfully so far everything seems to just be the original audio at a much higher quality, nothing is redone as far as I could tell, they were planning on redoing some voice work but with the fact the guy who played Ben being dead they decided to just to grab the original stuff (which was recorded at high quality it seems) and use that instead.
The original would be nice, if only for being able to "complete" the wishlist entry, but hey at least the remake is here.

I'm surprised this isn't on the front page of r/games, usually important GOG releases get posted there and upvoted.

EDT: Huh, there are Steam features (achievements, controller support, etc.) on the Steam version, I wonder why Galaxy doesn't have similar features.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by tfishell
meleemonkey: I see you have now removed the Mac details from the game's store page. It seems pretty dodgy that you would list the game as being available on Mac when pre-orders were available, but you remove those details upon release. I understand that GOG doesn't have control over the release date, but the pre-order page should have made clear that it was only for the Windows version. Instead you baited Mac users into pre-ordering a product that would not be available on the advertised date.
That's jumping to conclusions without adequate information and assuming that GOG has purposefully mislead people without any evidence. It's also rather unlikely that they would do this because customers ALWAYS react negatively over stuff like this and it benefits GOG in no way to piss people off, especially people who have the power to request refunds which actually causes chargebacks and negatively effects their profit.

A more rational hypothesis is that the developer plans to release Windows and Mac builds and gave that information to GOG which they announced to the public, but perhaps the developer currently doesn't have Mac builds ready yet and GOG has to now adapt to what the developer actually has. That makes a lot more sense, and GOG can only go with the information they're provided. If they don't announce anything at all until they have 100% certainty - then everyone complains that zero information is being given out and people always want to know things in advance. Part of knowing things in advance is that sometimes things do not always go according to plan and people need to be patient until the details come out.

So would you prefer that GOG not announce any games before they're actually released on release day after they know all of the facts concretely, or do you prefer to know some information in advance knowing that sometimes things change beyond their control because Shit Happens(TM)? :)

I'd just relax and chill out until it comes along, but if you want to light a flamethrower, definitely go after the developer rather than GOG as they hold all the cards. :P
tfishell: The original would be nice, if only for being able to "complete" the wishlist entry, but hey at least the remake is here.
Those whiners can go shove up the "original" in places :P
The game is here and the entry should be considered completed.
*Sigh* Again with this "We don't trust the awesomeness of this game, so we feel a launch discount is required for people to buy it". Now I have to wait a week to get it.

I hope it works with Wine.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by Maighstir