It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
Nice release, if a bit too expensive.
But could you really not have picked better names?
NoNewTaleToTell: Are there any other games set in the same Plane as Planescape: Torment,
No. PS:T is the only one .
I honestly didn't believe that they could pull it off. Well done GOG, well done... Take a bow. {clapping hands heartily}
At least, the goldbox series...
Cant' wait for the Ravenloft and Dragonlance games !
Telika: Biased (very), but Eye of the Beholder are awesome extraordinary great memories, and I would urge anyone to play it urgently. It's a game from a genre that I don't like a lot, yet it had completely seduced and obsessed me. Great gameplay, great interface, great graphics, a really smooth feel of everything. I never really grasped why some people preferred Dungeon Master (did they really?).
toxicTom: Yes, because you kill monsters with doors (not possible in EoB) and also eat the remains. DM has a little more complexity (like the need for light sources).
Didn't it also need food, and water ? And the magic was a tad more complex in Dungeon Master, if I remember well, requiring the docs or notes or something.

Beholder is more friendly, both in a good way (the interface, the general look) and in a questionable way (streamlined, simplified aspects, less micromanagement). Made it a perfect match for my limited dungeon dwelling tastes at that time, but I suppose I can get why the marginally more hardcore approach of Dungeon Master had its fans then. Not that Beholder is a cakewalk, difficulty-wise, but it was more welcoming I suppose.

And especially I adored its borderline-bitmap-brotherish graphic style.
Great releases. Not an instabuy for me but i'll keep an eye on them.
viperfdl: Yeah. Now I can finally play the complete trilogy which means that I can play the third part for the first time. The only downside is the price. Haven't expected it to be that high.
For such a rare collection and the amount of games... I think it's ok. :-P
Yay! Been waiting on Eye of the Beholder for some time. When I purchased my very first PC, that was the game I bought to go with it. I still remember the strong rubber odor emanating from my mousepad as I yelled at spiders for poisoning my characters (again).
Telika: Didn't it also need food, and water ? And the magic was a tad more complex in Dungeon Master, if I remember well, requiring the docs or notes or something. ....
Correct. EoB needed "rations" for resting though.

DM had more this survival feeling - that's what I like about it - while EoB was more straightforward. On the other hand, EoB 2+ had at least some story apart from "Please go and kill bad guy".

The hand-drawn maps for both DM and EoB 1 should still be in my parents' attic :-)
high rated
JudasIscariot: (...)
Most of them *should* be set within Faerun, which is the setting that Baldur's Gate uses :) Planescape: Torment's world is another setting entirely within the Forgotten Realms :)
Well, not entirely... ;) Planescape can be considered the "whole" of the multiverse. In this multiverse of inifinte planes of existence, there is (at least) one Material Plane and on that there are worlds like Abeir-Toril (with the main continent Faerun) or Krynn.
Regards,
Me, the smartass
high rated
Pool of Radiance shelf graphic is from Ruins of Myth Drannor, not the original PoR.

[/pedant]
Attachments:
Great releases!!! I will definitely buy the Eye of the Beholder pack and probably one of the other packs as well.
groze: So, this was "the big thing" you've been hinting at?! GOG, you seriously have to learn not to hype people's expectations too much like you tend to do, I was left hoping the NOLF games, or something high on the Community Wishlist was going to be released today, not yet another collection of Tolkienesque turn-based dungeon crawlers for "old school people" (i.e. guys who are really bad at anything that involves action and can only excel at these slow things).

More power to those who have been waiting for this, I guess... though we'd all welcome Konami bringing their games here more than this overhyped announcement.
The is much unjustified disrespect in your comment, something you simply have to punished for! -1 for you!
toxicTom: oh... OH... WOW!

Although many of these games have not aged gracefully... They are such an important part of gaming history!

Impressive GOG, I had almost lost hope these classics would show up here.
This is the important part of these rereleases: Whether they are still a good pick or not today, they are clearly something that has to be archived for future generations. And no, I don´t believe sites like Abandonia are suited for this; the GOG-team can give them care instead of simply providing the rare and "part-legal" download!
Telika: Didn't it also need food, and water ? And the magic was a tad more complex in Dungeon Master, if I remember well, requiring the docs or notes or something. ....
toxicTom: Correct. EoB needed "rations" for resting though.

DM had more this survival feeling - that's what I like about it - while EoB was more straightforward. On the other hand, EoB 2+ had at least some story apart from "Please go and kill bad guy".

The hand-drawn maps for both DM and EoB 1 should still be in my parents' attic :-)
I still think that DH is miles better.
But Unlimited Adventures is the game I probably spent hundreds if not thousands hours in.
Post edited August 20, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
jkiiskinen: Pool of Radiance shelf graphic is from Ruins of Myth Drannor, not the original PoR.

[/pedant]
And Ruins of Myth drannor clearly is no game you wanna be reminded of... :D :D :D