It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The horror continues.

<span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn</span>, an action-horror FPS continuation, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Where the original F.E.A.R. succeeded in offering a terrifying, refined first person game - <span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin</span> succeeds even more so. The sequel is more open and varied with less linear environments, new gameplay mechanics like movable cover, and even drivable combat mechs. Still, the basic formula remains unchanged - the slo-mo, refined gunplay, effective AI, and a thick horror atmosphere are back in all their gory. <span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn</span> which can still impress graphically and gameplay-wise, is arguably the best in the series. A high-quality shooter even today.

This pack includes the Reborn expansion pack with four new levels, a twisted story, and a brand new perspective from behind the mask of replica soldier Foxtrot 813.

Prepare for your second encounter assault in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn, available DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, March 24, at 10:59 AM GMT.
Been keen to play this for years. Just not while it was steam infected.

Instantly bought.
micktiegs_8: Was this Steamworks integrated? If so, I always believed the myth that Steamworks was un-integrate able once it was in. Well, that's what a developer told me once anyway : /
There has been a few games (probably more than a few) which had thei steamworks unintegrated - just that some devs refuse to do it.. claiming reduces functionality blah blah blah....
DreamedArtist: was crap complete crap. it felt like a multiplayer type game and shooting just everything felt off. fear one had the scary factor in check, fear 2 had controls and guns, movement and pop scares in check and fear 3 was a mess of all that.
Fenixp: Nah. Nah. FEAR3 was pretty good. It didn't live up to its heritage, but most shooters that I've played in my life were worse than FEAR3, so I'd say it was definitely above average.
Have to agree with you. Surprised how much i liked Fear3.. but then im partial to shooters (can understand why people dont think its good as number 1 though...).
Post edited March 17, 2015 by Niggles
Instabought!

Another game i until now refused to buy thanks to steam.
Well, I finished playing through the FEAR Platinum Collection a couple weeks ago, and I'm interested to see how this one turns out. As long as it not like the Hospital segment from Extraction Point, I should be okay.
Even though FEAR 2 has its flaws, I had a great time with it and I have positive memories of this game. Having it together with the Reborn DLC which is not available at STEAM in my region is just a cheery at the top. Thank you!!!
micktiegs_8: Was this Steamworks integrated? If so, I always believed the myth that Steamworks was un-integrate able once it was in. Well, that's what a developer told me once anyway : /
Niggles: There has been a few games (probably more than a few) which had thei steamworks unintegrated - just that some devs refuse to do it.. claiming reduces functionality blah blah blah....
Fenixp: Nah. Nah. FEAR3 was pretty good. It didn't live up to its heritage, but most shooters that I've played in my life were worse than FEAR3, so I'd say it was definitely above average.
Niggles: Have to agree with you. Surprised how much i liked Fear3.. but then im partial to shooters (can understand why people dont think its good as number 1 though...).
FEAR 3 is designed as co-op FPS. It's good for what it is, but playing it in a singleplayer would be rather boring I think.
Post edited March 17, 2015 by MichiGen
Thank you GoG! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! This series is the ONLY reason that drove me to use Steam. Now i can finally uninstall forever the damn thing, forget it ever happened and get this masterpiece right here! Together with the DLC? Only so cheap?!? At steam, DLC standalone costs 10 euros!

Can't thank you enough! Faith and patience brought results! Thanks again!
Yes! The new installer file works! :) FEAR 2 is running great!
I expect GOG to get all of the series. F.E.A.R 2 started well, the school part was interesting as was the pillar fight, but then it got alot worse. I did finish it, but I really wanted it to end about three quarters of the way through the campaign. F.E.A.R 3 was definitely the worst of the series for me, the ending was pretty much pathetic too. I would pick F.E.A.R 1 and the Perseus Mandate out of the series.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Thank you GoG! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! This series is the ONLY reason that drove me to use Steam. Now i can finally uninstall forever the damn thing, forget it ever happened and get this masterpiece right here! Together with the DLC? Only so cheap?!? At steam, DLC standalone costs 10 euros!

Can't thank you enough! Faith and patience brought results! Thanks again!
Interestingly, F.E.A.R. 2 is the only retail game I know that ever had the Steam requirement stripped out later on. At least some re-releases came entirely DRM-free
Post edited March 17, 2015 by InfraSuperman
I remember playing this game. It was fun, but not as a good as the first FEAR. The ending was fucked up.
IMO the best part in the series, improves what was so-so in first part and evolves into something better, story driven although at the cost of some scares that turn often onto US-horror style jump scenes with scary music. Has best graphics of the series except lighting and shadows weaker than first game.

That's final and widely accepted game by the F.E.A.R. community so you can get it while it lasts because F.3.A.R. made them into angry mobs and wanted decanonize third part or at least render it unofficial while it's only last part relying into knowledge of Fear1 and Fear2. Don't see reason to see it here as it's heavily influenced by co-op and multiplayer based on steamworks although you can play it lan fashion through hamachi perhaps. In F.E.A.R. 2 you have best chapter-design of campaign in videogames ever (even better than HL2) and story build up with kind of weird style (ghosts in F.E.A.R. universe can be physical to some degree as Alma body was destroyed in explosion but still can manifest herself here due to connections with the living world and immense power), collectibles that explain story better instead of laptops (they are uploaded to your DATANET. HUD looks like that because Becket uses tactical glasses that render his health, info, commlink and mentioned DATANET, you can even see it on beginning of chapter 2 or in mirror. Slowmo is still present although in half, there are around 13 injectors to increase it 2x. Scale of explosion is better portrayed here,with ashes, somewhat nuclear fog, anomalies, radiation, destroyed buildings and streets, with people turned to charcoal and dusty figurines along with new enemies.

Good luck at Wade Elementary School. ;-)
Post edited March 17, 2015 by HenitoKisou
I will buy it, but will wait for weekend sale ... to see, what they got and then together, hehe :)
cool
So tonight to uninstall the Steam copy and this weekend install the DRM-free copy.
Solei: Instabought!

Another game i until now refused to buy thanks to steam.
That is my sentiment as well