It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The horror continues.

<span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn</span>, an action-horror FPS continuation, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Where the original F.E.A.R. succeeded in offering a terrifying, refined first person game - <span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin</span> succeeds even more so. The sequel is more open and varied with less linear environments, new gameplay mechanics like movable cover, and even drivable combat mechs. Still, the basic formula remains unchanged - the slo-mo, refined gunplay, effective AI, and a thick horror atmosphere are back in all their gory. <span class="bold">F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn</span> which can still impress graphically and gameplay-wise, is arguably the best in the series. A high-quality shooter even today.

This pack includes the Reborn expansion pack with four new levels, a twisted story, and a brand new perspective from behind the mask of replica soldier Foxtrot 813.

Prepare for your second encounter assault in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn, available DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, March 24, at 10:59 AM GMT.
Always wanted to play these F.E.A.R. games, but with a backlog of over 400 (and growing with this unbundling) I think I'll wait for a better sale.
IronArcturus: Is another else getting installer errors? It's failing the integrity check.

Here is a screenshot.
Tried redownloading the setup_fear2_ultimate_2.0.0.3-4.bin again?
IronArcturus: Is another else getting installer errors? It's failing the integrity check.

Here is a screenshot.
Still downloading.
It seems this is a general issue and we will have to redownload several gigabytes. :-(
But other people were having that same installer integrity issue. Has anyone been able to successfully install and run the game?
SOLD!!! :)
IronArcturus: But other people were having that same installer integrity issue. Has anyone been able to successfully install and run the game?
There was a bad link given to the 4th BIN file. This has since been fixed so all you'll need to do is just re-download the 4th BIN file if you have everything else :)
Zoidberg: Uuuh... is this thee same than on steam? Steam has both dlc right? Or is it the first?

Anyway, I remember the first running like shit on my main rig that has a 770, so I don't think those games are playable nowadays, that's too bad...
Ganni1987: The games are actually very playable, I'm currently playing the first FEAR with max details on Linux with my 760.

EDIT: @timppu: Alan Wake was available on Humble Bundle DRM-Free last year. I've seen a few retail boxes around too, whether they required Steam or not I don't know.
Well, by "playing like shit" I didn't mean they were unplayable but they run way less smoother than many more recent games on my rig.
great release!! monolith is one of the best shooter makers out there.

Thanks for adding it
Bought! :)

I own 2 and 3 on PS3, but I'm buying the whole series on GOG.

The third game gets some poor reviews, but I enjoyed it because of the co-op feature. It was a lot of fun to play through it with my fiance.
Sorry for the caps but... HOLY SHIT YES YES YES YES OMG ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS ABOUT DAMN TIME I CAN STOP USING THE STEAM VERSION!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT YES

you don't know how happy I am to see this on here NO IDEA!

instant purchase no questions asked NONE!
Post edited March 17, 2015 by DreamedArtist
JinseiNGC224: Bought! :)

The third game gets some poor reviews, but I enjoyed it because of the co-op feature. It was a lot of fun to play through it with my fiance.
How was the singleplayer mode for FEAR 3?

IronArcturus: How was the singleplayer mode for FEAR 3?
was crap complete crap. it felt like a multiplayer type game and shooting just everything felt off. fear one had the scary factor in check, fear 2 had controls and guns, movement and pop scares in check and fear 3 was a mess of all that.

decent graphics it had indeed but yeah wait till it comes here and pick it up for cheep not full price.

brother story for 3 but hey guess its a decent 2 player game to kill some time i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt4QLX17940

IronArcturus: How was the singleplayer mode for FEAR 3?
If anything people probably got ticked off because they changed the formula a bit. But it's not a different game. It just has different features. I didn't actually play a single-player campaign, so I can't say what that's like. I often only play co-op games on the console nowadays as they get us both playing together.

The single player is a bit different I guess, but it's not exactly a broken, terrible game. I plan on getting it again when it comes here.
DreamedArtist: was crap complete crap. it felt like a multiplayer type game and shooting just everything felt off. fear one had the scary factor in check, fear 2 had controls and guns, movement and pop scares in check and fear 3 was a mess of all that.
Nah. Nah. FEAR3 was pretty good. It didn't live up to its heritage, but most shooters that I've played in my life were worse than FEAR3, so I'd say it was definitely above average.
DreamedArtist: was crap complete crap. it felt like a multiplayer type game and shooting just everything felt off. fear one had the scary factor in check, fear 2 had controls and guns, movement and pop scares in check and fear 3 was a mess of all that.
Fenixp: Nah. Nah. FEAR3 was pretty good. It didn't live up to its heritage, but most shooters that I've played in my life were worse than FEAR3, so I'd say it was definitely above average.
Personally I think fear 1 was crap.. yeah it did have those cool freaky moments but everything about it was crap, every gun had an odd shoot delay with sound and animation and everything looked like plastic lol but again thats my opinion.

I picked up fear 3 and played 30 minutes and never touched the game again ever since it first came out. fear 2 I beat like 7 times already <3

maybe because the fact fear 3 was built around co op for the story is what turned me off most the time who knows.