It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your post-apocalyptic playground.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support, exclusively on GOG Galaxy.

<span class="bold">Fallout 3 GOTY</span>, a post-apocalyptic action/RPG of ridiculous scale, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

History as we know it got rebooted in 2077. As soon as you step outside Vault 101 and into the Capital Wasteland, you realise this world is overflowing with opportunity as it is with radiation. Who will you be, in this poisoned land? A curious adventurer, a mischievous scavenger, a heroic savior, or a terrible thug? No matter your path, the intuitive V.A.T.S. combat and the ever-present customization will make it a memorable one.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
paladin181: You heard wrong. I was playing FO3 and New Vegas last week on Win 10. Also, the first thing on any Bethsoft open world game should be the Unofficial patches. Those are essential.
Thanks for the info. Saves me from installing it to test and then getting sidetracked in the DC Wasteland...
Impaler26: Already have it on Steam so i'll pass. :D
wizisi2k: (I got 12 GB worth of fallout 3 content/mods and would need to know if script extended works on III)
It does I asked this ealier and GOG confirmed it:

Pond86: I'm assuming that seeing as you guys got the Oblivion Script Extender updated, the Fallout 3 & NV Script Extenders also have been updated so they work with the GOG versions?
Venita: FOSE and NVSE worked already, so there was no need to update them.
I also have it on Steam and I am in great dilemma now.

Johnathanamz: Is this better for you to understand?

Also I love to put my physical Fallout 3 DVD disc in my DVD-ROM drive to play from time to time.
Well in this case, you got your bug-for-bug (scratch-for-scratch) precision, if you place F3 dvd, if you mean that. I don't think GOG will ship you physical dvd though.

But personally, I don't understand that. YMMV.
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Lin545
DEAR GOG:

Question about system requirements of this and the other two games released today.
Originally they all supported Windows XP, yet there is no mention of it in the sys req in the store page.
Has this compatibility been broken when they were brought on GOG, or would they still work but you just don't officially support that?
wizisi2k: Likewise. This and new vegas. I wanna wait on GOG connect to have the titles to save cash. (I got 12 GB worth of fallout 3 content/mods and would need to know if script extended works on III)
Don't ever expect GOG Connect from Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Electronic Arts (EA), SQUARE-ENIX, and Ubisoft.

Especially from Activision.
Lin545: I also have it on Steam and I am in great dilemma now.
To wait until it appears on GOG connect in the future, or until it gets a bigger discount?
trusteft: DEAR GOG:

Question about system requirements of this and the other two games released today.
Originally they all supported Windows XP, yet there is no mention of it in the sys req in the store page.
Has this compatibility been broken when they were brought on GOG, or would they still work but you just don't officially support that?
Thats been told a lot of times, XP is not supported by MS themselves, so GOG does not test on XP, hence no "official XP" support regardless of what is stated on titles.
Hell yeah! Thanks again GOG and Bethesda!
low rated
trusteft: DEAR GOG:

Lin545: Thats been told a lot of times, XP is not supported by MS themselves, so GOG does not test on XP, hence no "official XP" support regardless of what is stated on titles.
It's getting quite annoying that gog.com is stopping testing the video games on Windows XP that originally support Windows XP already.

MicroSoft about two weeks ago did release a emergency patch for Windows XP.

Also I still purchase PC versions of video games that support Windows XP on gog.com.

I'm never going to stop playing PC versions of video games on Windows XP ever, not today, not tomorrow, not ten years from now.

I will keep using Windows XP to play PC versions of video games until there is no more.

Gog.com has to still test PC versions of video games on Windows XP. It's getting very annoying that they are stopping.

Whatever the store page card for the video game says though it doesn't matter to me I will still be purchasing PC versions of video games on Windows XP.
Johnathanamz: MicroSoft about two weeks ago did release a emergency patch for Windows XP.
Yeah, but that was in response to the ransomware virus that was in danger of becoming extremely widespread. They still don't actually support XP. And they only had to do it because so many people are still stupid enough to be using it as their regular on-line connected OS.

And seriously, if you're actually using XP as an OS for everyday use, you're probably doing more harm than good.

I loved XP and thought it was a great OS, but there's a good reason GOG doesn't test on/support XP anymore: it's a dead OS and no one should be using it for regular use anymore.

If you want to use it on a secondary machine for old games or whatever that's fine. Just don't expect GOG to support it. Even if it's a game that originally was released for that OS. Or do you think they should also be supporting Win98 and older Win versions as well? Because they're selling games that were originally released on those OSes too.
Johnathanamz: ...
Some titles originally run on DOS 5.0
Are you going to demand them for its support or test it for them?

This is how proprietary software works. If you'd have free software or opensource thing, you could make it on some decade old kernel by just investing your own time. But in proprietary, the copyright owners decide...
Edit: yes, and hackers, but hacking a binary is way more difficult compared to when having access to source code, methinks.
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Lin545
NOICE!!!
Cool. I know what I'll be playing on my week-and-a-half break between spring and summer term (if not sooner). ;)
Johnathanamz: ...
Lin545: Some titles originally run on DOS 5.0
Are you going to demand them for its support or test it for them?

This is how proprietary software works. If you'd have free software or opensource thing, you could make it on some decade old kernel by just investing your own time. But in proprietary, the copyright owners decide...
Edit: yes, and hackers, but hacking a binary is way more difficult compared to when having access to source code, methinks.
The difference is that GOG didn't build these games. The games were from day one with support from Windows XP. If there is anything done to them to STOP working on XP, that's is done from GOG, not Microsoft, not Bethesda.
If the installer stops the game from being installed on XP, that's a big no no IMO.
If GOG did something on purpose to stop these games from working on XP, that's another big no no.
The question is, did they? Or do they just not mention XP because they don't want the obligation of having to support the game under XP.
tburger: Cool....I was thinking to buy a PS3 version of those games but it seems I'll update my plans...
DrearierSpider: All of Bethesda's releases on PS3 were notoriously awful ports, avoid them at all costs.
Will do :-D