It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your post-apocalyptic playground.

UPDATE: The game comes with full Cloud saving support, exclusively on GOG Galaxy.

<span class="bold">Fallout 3 GOTY</span>, a post-apocalyptic action/RPG of ridiculous scale, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

History as we know it got rebooted in 2077. As soon as you step outside Vault 101 and into the Capital Wasteland, you realise this world is overflowing with opportunity as it is with radiation. Who will you be, in this poisoned land? A curious adventurer, a mischievous scavenger, a heroic savior, or a terrible thug? No matter your path, the intuitive V.A.T.S. combat and the ever-present customization will make it a memorable one.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Check out our <span class="bold">Mod Spotlight</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 06, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
Johnathanamz: MicroSoft about two weeks ago did release a emergency patch for Windows XP.
GR00T: Yeah, but that was in response to the ransomware virus that was in danger of becoming extremely widespread. They still don't actually support XP. And they only had to do it because so many people are still stupid enough to be using it as their regular on-line connected OS.

And seriously, if you're actually using XP as an OS for everyday use, you're probably doing more harm than good.

I loved XP and thought it was a great OS, but there's a good reason GOG doesn't test on/support XP anymore: it's a dead OS and no one should be using it for regular use anymore.

If you want to use it on a secondary machine for old games or whatever that's fine. Just don't expect GOG to support it. Even if it's a game that originally was released for that OS. Or do you think they should also be supporting Win98 and older Win versions as well? Because they're selling games that were originally released on those OSes too.
I still purchase PC versions of video games on Windows XP that support Windows XP because not only do I have on one of my PC's Windows XP installed, I also have a PC that has Windows XP 64-bit installed as well.

This is why I support Windows XP because of Windows XP that also has a 64-bit version, so I have a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version.

The PC version of Crysis I play on Windows XP 64-bit from time to time.

That's why I still want PC versions of video games that support Windows XP and have DirectX 9 support to still support Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit.

There were some buggy drivers for Windows XP 64-bit when they first came out, but it's been all stable so far for me for the last ten or so years.

Windows XP 64-bit should last for years at least.

I even play the physical DVD version of the PC version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on Windows XP 64-bit.
trusteft: The difference is that GOG didn't build these games. The games were from day one with support from Windows XP. If there is anything done to them to STOP working on XP, that's is done from GOG, not Microsoft, not Bethesda.
If the installer stops the game from being installed on XP, that's a big no no IMO.
If GOG did something on purpose to stop these games from working on XP, that's another big no no.
The question is, did they? Or do they just not mention XP because they don't want the obligation of having to support the game under XP.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_15_snk_neogeo_classics_0f471/post203
trusteft: If GOG did something on purpose to stop these games from working on XP, that's another big no no.
The question is, did they?
Look, I am neither detective, nor necrophile. My arguments are from common logic and what GOG team has said over forums. =)
low rated
trusteft: The difference is that GOG didn't build these games. The games were from day one with support from Windows XP. If there is anything done to them to STOP working on XP, that's is done from GOG, not Microsoft, not Bethesda.
If the installer stops the game from being installed on XP, that's a big no no IMO.
If GOG did something on purpose to stop these games from working on XP, that's another big no no.
The question is, did they? Or do they just not mention XP because they don't want the obligation of having to support the game under XP.
Thiev: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_15_snk_neogeo_classics_0f471/post203
A question I hope you can answer for us PC gamers still using Windows XP.

Is it not worth the money to spend to test on Windows XP and on Windows Vista? Is that why you guys dropped testing on both of those Windows Operating Systems (OS')?
Lin545: Thats been told a lot of times, XP is not supported by MS themselves, so GOG does not test on XP, hence no "official XP" support regardless of what is stated on titles.
Johnathanamz: It's getting quite annoying that gog.com is stopping testing the video games on Windows XP that originally support Windows XP already.

MicroSoft about two weeks ago did release a emergency patch for Windows XP.

Also I still purchase PC versions of video games that support Windows XP on gog.com.

I'm never going to stop playing PC versions of video games on Windows XP ever, not today, not tomorrow, not ten years from now.

I will keep using Windows XP to play PC versions of video games until there is no more.

Gog.com has to still test PC versions of video games on Windows XP. It's getting very annoying that they are stopping.

Whatever the store page card for the video game says though it doesn't matter to me I will still be purchasing PC versions of video games on Windows XP.
i had the same thoughts and i 'refused' to stop using good old XP, but soon there won't be any hardware available that will be recognised by older windows, cause thats another way for Microsoft to make sure sooner or later all users have to buy the awfull win 10: cause hardware doesnt live forever so once these are down there will only be new hardware that will not be recognised by the older windows.

Thats why i will keep my old pc setup, and if necessary i will get a new machine with the evil win 10, this way i can play all good games cause 99% of all AAA games released nowadays are not my kind of games ( way too many fpp, shooters, and games with monsters that look like vegetables instead of zombies and more very bad and poorly designed games are being released by the publishers by the dozens).

Anyway, i think the good old gaming days are gone cause out of all the > 100 new released games i have about 5 tot 10 games which is rather small.

I like old games like jagged alliance , fallout, baldurs, etc etc and ofcourse only classics, NO 3d versions, NO fpp versions, only the good games i grew up with.

Its good to see more fallout here maybe the secretfiles might arrive here aswell....
so many old games still out there that probably will never make it here.....

So i guess it will be back to casual games again ( i already have loads of them but more is always better)
cause 90% of all AAA games are not my kind of games.
Johnathanamz: I still purchase PC versions of video games on Windows XP that support Windows XP because not only do I have on one of my PC's Windows XP installed, I also have a PC that has Windows XP 64-bit installed as well.

This is why I support Windows XP because of Windows XP that also has a 64-bit version, so I have a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version.

That's why I still want PC versions of video games that support Windows XP and have DirectX 9 support to still support Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit.

There were some buggy drivers for Windows XP 64-bit when they first came out, but it's been all stable so far for me for the last ten or so years.

I even play the physical DVD version of the PC version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on Windows XP 64-bit.
And that's fine. Great, even. But that's not even close to the standard. While some people do this (and I even have an old XP rig that I've got sitting in a corner), they're not even a significant minority. It's just not realistic to expect GOG to to keep testing games for an outdated and dead OS.
low rated
Johnathanamz: I still purchase PC versions of video games on Windows XP that support Windows XP because not only do I have on one of my PC's Windows XP installed, I also have a PC that has Windows XP 64-bit installed as well.

GR00T: And that's fine. Great, even. But that's not even close to the standard. While some people do this (and I even have an old XP rig that I've got sitting in a corner), they're not even a significant minority. It's just not realistic to expect GOG to to keep testing games for an outdated and dead OS.
For me 32-bit is obsolete and 64-bit is not even on Windows XP.

I guess I'm a weird person? :)

Once 64-bit is obsolete then I won't care about Windows XP, much. I'll probably be dead when 64-bit is obsolete.
paladin181: You heard wrong. I was playing FO3 and New Vegas last week on Win 10. Also, the first thing on any Bethsoft open world game should be the Unofficial patches. Those are essential.
GR00T: Thanks for the info. Saves me from installing it to test and then getting sidetracked in the DC Wasteland...
You should probably still do that anyway. ;)
Oh yes! Thank you gog!
Is this the same version as the physical GOTY that also works with WinXP so I can finally put my physical one to rest?
Post edited June 01, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Can I use the mods that worked with the steam version?
I shied away from purchasing those on Steam since there is, or at least has been, and ominous message about it being a low-violence version for Germany. Some reviews even mentioned it would be language-locked to German, which I wouldn't be able to bear. I skimmed through this thread and it appears that Fallout 3 is no longer banned, but still, happy to purchase FO3 and FO: New Vegas here. I only played Fallout 3 for a short while on the system of a co-ed so this will actually be my first time to really dive into those games on my own. Oblivion on the other hand is definitely in the top ten my most played games so I will skip that one for now. Great releases!
Boy oh boy... finally... now where is Hexen and Heretic.... Quake IV anyone?
Katzapult: Can I use the mods that worked with the steam version?
Based upon what GOG said (by linking to Nexus), yes.
Well, this has been a productive week.

For various reasons, I have yet to play Fallout 3. Now, I have no excuses. Thank you, GOG.