It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Saving throw successful.

At the behest of the mighty wizards, you have made a thousand-hour journey through the Forgotten Realms. As you reminisce upon your experiences, the critical hits, and the skill checks, little do you know that your quest is far from over. At dawn, you choose a new path through the DRM-free realm of GOG.com, and seek more adventure in the realms of Krynn, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft.

The missing pieces of cRPG history are coming back together! Our Dungeons & Dragons inventory just got bigger with three new packs containing seven long lost RPG digital premieres.

<span class="bold">--Dungeons &amp; Dragons: Ravenloft Series</span> - featuring Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet - is one of the largest and most popular D&D settings ever. A gothic-noir universe ruled by the dark powers that be.

<span class="bold">--Dungeons &amp; Dragons: Krynn Series</span> - featuring Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, The Dark Queen of Krynn - a trilogy of famous Dragonlance stories, based on the incredibly successful Forgotten Realms video-game formula.

<span class="bold">--Dungeons &amp; Dragons: Dark Sun Series</span> - featuring Shattered Lands, Wake of the Ravager - a pair of titles set in the post-apocalyptic take on D&D - a world where magic is banished and water is as scarce as hope.

Traverse, and become lost once more in, the incredible digital worlds of Dungeons & Dragons - once again resurrected from video game limbo and delivered straight to your modern computer. Hassle free, DRM-free, on GOG.com!
raydeen: And there is no saving throw against this. My wallet just took a power word: death in the credit card.
Grargar: Please, we're talking about D&D here, not Skyrim. :P
My geeky side is showing a bit here, but he's almost right. :-)

There's no Power Word: Death, but there is a Power Word: Kill (9th level magic-user spell).
blakstar: My geeky side is showing a bit here, but he's almost right. :-)

There's no Power Word: Death, but there is a Power Word: Kill (9th level magic-user spell).
Yes, you are correct. Edited my wrong post above.
blakstar: My geeky side is showing a bit here, but he's almost right. :-)

Grargar: Yes, you are correct. Edited my wrong post above.
Gah! OK -- I didn't see the original reference, just read your edited version, so that should have been "you're almost right" :-)
Does anyone know if the PC versions of Krynn games are the superior ones (as opposed to AMIGA)?
damien: Does anyone know if the PC versions of Krynn games are the superior ones (as opposed to AMIGA)?
Well, they are from the early DOS days so they probably won't look as good as the Amiga versions, if that's what you're asking :)
damien: Does anyone know if the PC versions of Krynn games are the superior ones (as opposed to AMIGA)?
JudasIscariot: Well, they are from the early DOS days so they probably won't look as good as the Amiga versions, if that's what you're asking :)
Thanks! I'll take the liberty of assuming your answer applies to all 3 Krynn games :)
JudasIscariot: Well, they are from the early DOS days so they probably won't look as good as the Amiga versions, if that's what you're asking :)
damien: Thanks! I'll take the liberty of assuming your answer applies to all 3 Krynn games :)
It does :)
This is why I like GOG. I've been wanting some of these for a while. Keep up the good work of getting us the good old games.
Must... Not... Pay... What little money I have left...

My will save is still strong enough, CD Projekt! You will have to do better if you want to Charm me!

When they are on sale, tho, things will be different.

Unless Forgotten Realms is also on sale, of course. I mean, few can resist the pull of Menzoberranzan and Eye of the Beholder.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by Regios
The Dark Sun titles are truly marvelous games that hold themselves very well nowadays.

I consider the Dragonlance and Ravenloft titles good enough to be replayed by fans, but are otherwise considerably dated. Great stories with a clunky interface.
Good luck with Strahd's possession. Big game breaking bug in the caverns that needs to be patched. Really good games though.
Post edited October 30, 2015 by jsy82
RafaelLVX: The Dark Sun titles are truly marvelous games that hold themselves very well nowadays.

I consider the Dragonlance and Ravenloft titles good enough to be replayed by fans, but are otherwise considerably dated. Great stories with a clunky interface.
I was afraid the gold box games would be, as you put it, clunky, when I returned to them, as I have been wanting for years. I don't know if it's nostalgia, or what, but I find the simplicity of the interface makes it feel much less clunky than newer-old games. Right hand num-pad; left hand enter, and you're all set.
dark sun seems to contain only 3rd person titles

ravenloft seems to contain only 1st person titles

what about the krynn series?
apehater: dark sun seems to contain only 3rd person titles

The Goldbox formula was: first person adventure, third person (isometric) combat. EDIT: Krynn followed this design, Ravenloft was all first person through its own engine.

Dark Sun broke the mold by going all third person because it used its own engine.
Post edited October 30, 2015 by bismuthdrummer
apehater: dark sun seems to contain only 3rd person titles

bismuthdrummer: The Goldbox formula was: first person adventure, third person (isometric) combat. Ravenloft and Krynn fall under this design afaik.

Dark Sun broke the mold by going all third person because it used its own engine.
thanks