It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How to restrain your dragon.

Drakkhen is now available DRM-free, on GOG.com.
On a faraway island, the dragon lords stir from their slumber. If their foretold rise to power comes to pass, the age of man will come to an end, eclipsed by the winged reptiles of old. At the emperor's behest, four heroes set forth to cancel the apocalypse, traveling through 3D vector landscapes, solving devious puzzles, and fighting terrible, pixelated enemies in real-time. Prepare yourselves, heroes, for this ancient enemy is far from toothless.
Hastur-: The SNES version is, from what I've gathered. Wildly different from this version.
The laser panther appears to still be here, and I doubt they added in the mechanic where you just drown by walking near water, so tell me about this.
Sigh...
I also got the Fanatical bundle, it was too good to ignore it.

But because all of the GOG extras are missing in the steam version, I'll get the game here again - as soon as my wallet recovers from the summer sales.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by gixgox
YES! My first CRPG. I will buy it as soon as I'm home from vacation.

Is this only the VGA version? Some people prefer the graphics of the EGA.
Hastur-: The SNES version is, from what I've gathered. Wildly different from this version.
I have not played the SNES version in many years so I don't remember it all that well, but I remember it not being that different from the PC version, it had some improvements; the map, I think, was the most useful addition I can remember. I still prefer the PC version, though, as it's the one I played back in the day and have continued to play over the years... now looking forward to add it to my GOG collection. :)

mqstout: YES! My first CRPG. I will buy it as soon as I'm home from vacation.

Is this only the VGA version? Some people prefer the graphics of the EGA.
You should be able to select your graphics preferences from the start menu. I first played this game in EGA and it was the first game I played when we got a VGA monitor, I remember being so impressed by the color gradients in the sly, lol.

Have a great time on your vacation! :)
Post edited June 26, 2018 by krugos2
Darvond: The laser panther appears to still be here, and I doubt they added in the mechanic where you just drown by walking near water, so tell me about this.
The SNES version by virtue of being apparently rewritten, translated from English to Japanese, and then back to English again, has a completely different storyline. I also know that the character creation is different, allowing you to reroll your coin (for some reason?). The "coin" stat is in this version too but I haven't found any use for it; it differs from the in-game currency (Jade) and is not used anywhere or shown after character creation.

Video games, dude. They're wack.
TomNook: Remember: Don't bump into the grave markers.
Hastur-: Don't step on the weird colorful markers on the ground either.
....Until you need to... /spoiler
Never played.
Any recomendations ? =)
Ok so answering to myself, apparently the PC version has Adlib sound card support. At least we don't have to put up with PC beeper sounds then, but I am sure the Amiga version still sounds better as this doesn't apparently have Roland MT-32 support.
From the store page:

Armed only with your wits, weaponry and 200 magical spells...
Im pretty sure thats the same as saying "armed with all the things".
Post edited June 26, 2018 by MobiusArcher
One-by-one? Count me surprised if GOG succeeds at releasing the rest of the Piko catalog by the end of the year, with that release rate.
MobiusArcher: From the store page:

Armed only with your wits, weaponry and 200 magical spells...
MobiusArcher: Im pretty sure thats the same as saying "armed with all the things".
Why yes; yes it is. :D
Hastur-: The SNES version by virtue of being apparently rewritten, translated from English to Japanese, and then back to English again, has a completely different storyline. [...]
They took the Jimmy James approach, eh?
Post edited June 26, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Darvond: This game is kinda infamous in the gaming communities.
hah! yeah thats the version i rented back when i was a kid. i didn't think it was that bad, if a bit vague and intriguing (for a 10 year old).
Does it include the DOS version?
BenKii: Vote for Drakan!
No. This was the first game I ever bought but could not play because of crappy copy protection (yes, I know gog would remove that protection). No matter how good the game is, their support specifically called me a thief when I complained about it. And, once I finally got it working (no thanks to them), it just wasn't that good a game (certainly not worth it). If you like real-time dragon combat, get Divinity 2 instead. No need to even vote.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by darktjm