It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How to restrain your dragon.

Drakkhen is now available DRM-free, on GOG.com.
On a faraway island, the dragon lords stir from their slumber. If their foretold rise to power comes to pass, the age of man will come to an end, eclipsed by the winged reptiles of old. At the emperor's behest, four heroes set forth to cancel the apocalypse, traveling through 3D vector landscapes, solving devious puzzles, and fighting terrible, pixelated enemies in real-time. Prepare yourselves, heroes, for this ancient enemy is far from toothless.
Zoidberg: Well that sure is old, is it the oldest game here?
Barry_Woodward: Akalabeth: World Of Doom (limited release circa 1979)
Okeedokee! :D

Older than me.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Shame this was in a bundle of about 15 games for 0.89cents:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-classics-bundle

Sorry gog if you want to be steam your going to have price like it. No buy.
That bundle burned me big time. I purchased those games for over $100 about 3 1/2 weeks before that bundle released. I still bought the bundle just to make giveaways and share the retro love, though. :D

That said, I'm still insta-buying this. I will support retros here until the day I die! :D
htown1980: so no reviews up yet. whats the game like?
viperfdl: Well, the Amiga version got according to mobygames rather good reviews.
I think the VGA version equals the Amiga version.

jalister: That isn't Steam's prices, it's Fanatical's. Besides, some of us don't want GOG to be Steam. Also, GOG went the extra steps to set it up for Mac and Linux.
Also Steam seems to be missing extras for the game, like the manual which you need for spells.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by tremere110
Is this game good? I've never heard of it before :D
TomNook: Remember: Don't bump into the grave markers.
Don't step on the weird colorful markers on the ground either.
TomNook: Remember: Don't bump into the grave markers.
Hastur-: Don't step on the weird colorful markers on the ground either.
Thanks a lot for this guys, please bring MORE of those Piko titles. No buy without it being DRM free, those steam bundles can go to hell if it were for me...
Well-well, so now waiting for Chamber of the Sci-Mutant Priestess, right?
high rated
htown1980: so no reviews up yet. whats the game like?
You create four characters, you're given several numbers which you drag into the different usual RPG attributes like strength and such. Your characters can be male or female. You have four classes, fighter/amazon, scout, magician/sorceress and priest/priestess.

There are two modes, when your characters are visible on screen for fighting and exploring buildings (only a few castles you can get in) and the other mode you move around the island in first person perspective.

The game mechanics are fun, nice exploring and fighting (but difficult, especially if you walk into the dangerous areas of the island when your characters are at low levels). You find and equip stuff and you get random encounters when walking around the island, so you may spend time trying to find that particular monster that drops the items you want.

If one of your characters get killed you can revive them at temples if you have enough money.

What keeps this game from being a true gem is the story, it's difficult to know what to do and some things are so random that it's simply impossible to finish this game without a walkthrough.

Edit: Regarding classes, make sure you always make a scout or magician/sorceress as those are the only ones that have the unlock spell which you'll need to enter one of the castles, otherwise you can't complete the game.
You don't need to have one of each class, though, I personally like to play with a party consisting of a priest and a priestess for extra healing, a scout, a fighter or amazon and no magicians.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by krugos2
low rated

guppy44: That bundle burned me big time. I purchased those games for over $100 about 3 1/2 weeks before that bundle released. I still bought the bundle just to make giveaways and share the retro love, though. :D

That said, I'm still insta-buying this. I will support retros here until the day I die! :D
They are drm free on steam also? Why would pay twice for exactly the same product, that's mad or you have too much money. Not that I am saying go and buy it on steam, I wouldn't, what I am saying is that gog want to be steam then it's only fair to compare their prices. Use galaxy or steam client or steam command line or gogrepo, it's all the same just costs you 800% more, not the hardest of decisions.
This game is kinda infamous in the gaming communities.
This one looks exactly like my cup of tea!
Insta-wishlisted! Thanks GOG for Linux installer and for still being GOG!
BenKii: For a second I thought Gog released Drakan but no luck for me. :(
Same here. :(
Darvond: This game is kinda infamous in the gaming communities.
The SNES version is, from what I've gathered. Wildly different from this version.
guppy44: That bundle burned me big time. I purchased those games for over $100 about 3 1/2 weeks before that bundle released. I still bought the bundle just to make giveaways and share the retro love, though. :D

nightcraw1er.488: They are drm free on steam also? Why would pay twice for exactly the same product, that's mad or you have too much money. Not that I am saying go and buy it on steam, I wouldn't, what I am saying is that gog want to be steam then it's only fair to compare their prices. Use galaxy or steam client or steam command line or gogrepo, it's all the same just costs you 800% more, not the hardest of decisions.
I bought them all from Steam because GOG didn't (and still doesn't have many of these Piko games) but want them in my GOG library. In all honesty, I buy every game I get from both Steam and GOG if it's available from both stores. Methinks I'm weird that way...