It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fantastic Beasts And How to Slay Them.

<span class="bold">Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen</span>, the monster-hunting epic that keeps challenging you with dynamic encounters, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount.

Tackling monsters shouldn't be just a roadblock in your epic adventure - it should be the very essence of it. In this massive open-world RPG every fight is its own reward thanks to the dynamic mechanics and deep customization. Train and upgrade your A.I. controlled pawns to fight alongside you or share them online with other adventurers and get rewarded for their exploits.

The 60% discount will last until June 20, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: The game comes with full GOG Galaxy support including Cloud saves, leaderboards, and achievements. Additionally, both the Pawn system and Ur Dragon work exactly as in the Steam version. Keep in mind, however, that the GOG Galaxy servers are separate from the Steam ones, meaning that this is a fresh start.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Hickory: Wait, what? So you need Galaxy to hire pawn? I have just bought this game from GOG for no reason?
For other users' pawns - yes.
Ty GOG, i love this game so much <3
GOG version and Steam version have separate Pawn Pools.
What an expensive month! First Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion. And now THIS!
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Keep 'em coming, GOG ;-)
Thiev: That is incorrect. Multiplayer aspect is also handled by Galaxy. What Paczyk meant was that the same functionality that is present in Steam build is also available in ours.
Hickory: Wait, what? So you need Galaxy to hire pawn? I have just bought this game from GOG for no reason?
From what I understand
To hire a pawn from a global collection of player created pawns.

You can hire computer generated pawns while playing offline.

For this kind of functionality an account based server model is needed. You'd moan equally if you had to create an account on a 3rd party server to access this functionality.

The plus side of using Galaxy is that the server is hosted by GoG, who are far less likely to pull the plug in 5 years than Capcom.
Thiev: For other users' pawns - yes.
Then I cry 'foul!'. If I were a less forgiving creature I'd demand my money back, but I will not install Galaxy.
Cool, should scratch a itch, bought.
low rated
Thiev: That is incorrect. Multiplayer aspect is also handled by Galaxy. What Paczyk meant was that the same functionality that is present in Steam build is also available in ours.
What is the problem? I don't get it. Steam have it's own pawn pool and GoG have it's own pool. I don't know why you are upset about this.
GOG you are killing me.I am broke and gathering money for rent and you keep putting out sales of awesome games...
First Oblivion and the Fallouts,now Dragon's Dogma.

This is torture :D :D :D
godunow: I really pity indie devs of Brigador, Rezrog, Lock Quest and other released at the same time as Fallouts and Dragon Dogma...
Eh. I'm more interested in indie games personally...
low rated
Thiev: For other users' pawns - yes.
Hickory: Then I cry 'foul!'. If I were a less forgiving creature I'd demand my money back, but I will not install Galaxy.
It's really immature.
Could someone tell me the actual HD footprint of this game? My SSD space is getting tight.
timppu: This is exactly the kind of games I want to see more on GOG! A few years old AAA titles.

I'm so happy GOG expanded their business also to newer games, even though some kept complaining they should concentrate in decades old games only. :)
mechmouse: GoG have been trying to get newer games for years. Its not a lack of effort or want from GoG, rather the continued effort in breaking down the resistance from the publishers,
Maybe I should re-word it:

I am so happy GOG started trying to get newer games onboard, and has kept trying even if it must often feel like an uphill battle. I know some suggested GOG shouldn't do that, but instead concentrate on very old games which can't be bought anywhere else (where "anywhere else" is basically a code word for "Steam").

I personally don't require brand-new releases, for me these "few years old" releases are fine. Maybe these games have then received all the relevant DLCs and updates as well, and I don't have to wait for them as well (and in the worst case, buy them separately).

BTW, if these are the kind of games that the development of Galaxy allowed to arrive to GOG... then praise the Galaxy! Thank god it exists... as long as it stays optional for single-player content. :) (and by "content", I don't mean fluff and social features like achievements etc., I am fine if they are Galaxy-only as well).
Post edited June 05, 2017 by timppu
This is a pretty cool game, but I've already played my fill of it. Still, really cool to see this game on GOG. I'd totally install Galaxy for a title like this.
Aaand... BOUGHT!