It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The second coming of the classic RTS series.

Three more Close Combat games have arrived, DRM-free and up to 50% off until March 27, 1PM UTC.
Modern Tactics, Cross of Iron, and Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg join our ranks, bringing the Close Combat invasion closer to completion.

Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg, available exclusively on GOG.com, recreates the pivotal amphibious campaign launched by the Allied forces on the northern shore of France, in a desperate attempt to breach Germany's defenses.

Cross of Iron is an enhanced version of Close Combat 3: The Russian Front, featuring better visuals and sound, alongside some light RPG elements, like veteran troops that gain extra skills after surviving a battle.

Modern Tactics introduces a more contemporary setting to the series, with 25 scenarios inspired by real or fictional events of our times, playing out in top-down fashion. Also included is a scenario editor that allows you to set up your very own skirmishes.

Purchase any of the Close Combat games on GOG.com to get the original Close Combat as a bonus goodie.

If you have some series catching up to do, check out our special Close Combat sale, which ends March 26, 10PM UTC.
Wow! I had no idea this series had this many titles!

It's still nearly $90 to get it all on a discount ;O

I'll have to do this series bit by bit...

Also, Close Combat Invasion: Normandy is shown on the homepage with a 10% discount for a total price of $2.99, off of $5.99. The actual game page has the correct 10% listing of $5.39
Post edited March 20, 2018 by JinseiNGC224
Is the series now complete or are there still some missing titles?
Silverhawk170485: Is the series now complete or are there still some missing titles?
According to the wikipedia for the series, it has about 17 titles, one of which is still in the future as TBD.

We only have half the series, but a few titles are also remakes of older ones. Also, it looks like the "TBD" title, Close Combat: The Bloody First, is going to be the series first 3d. I guess also Gateway to Caen was the first release on Steam.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by JinseiNGC224
These games look impossible. :P

Of course at my age, PONG is a challenge.
I see they gave up trying to get it working reliably and just decided to release the first Close Combat as a bonus that comes with any of the other titles. :D
EDIT: Though the specification that it's for Windows 7 & 8 "only" is odd for a bonus goodie. I guess if you can't get it running it on Windows 10, they won't offer support for the unsupported freebie? :P
Post edited March 20, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Oh uhmm ah eh maybe if I run out of RTS I want to play.
Strong impression prices are going up.
I was waiting for the first "Close Combat" but I see that it is included for free with the other Close Combat titles. Does it come with a manual and does it work reasonably well on Windows 7 64 bits?
justanoldgamer: I was waiting for the first "Close Combat" but I see that it is included for free with the other Close Combat titles. Does it come with a manual and does it work reasonably well on Windows 7 64 bits?
At least GOG's version of Close Combat 3 works nice in Windows 7 64. It also brings its manual.

Back in the day, Close Combat 2 brought a manual as well. Not only that, it brought interesting videos and lots of information on Operation Market-Garden. Very informative and the whole experience feels like a work of love. Read about the objectives and historical developments. Go for the Great Campaign. Have fun.
Is the original Close Combat included if we purchased any of the titles during the original launch, or only if we purchase during this promotion?
Any news if we are getting a patch to help with the random crashing? Close Combat A Bridge Too Far is bordering unplayable right now because of how often it crashes.
Man, so much combat.

Anyway, are the games good? I never played any of these.
XYCat: Anyway, are the games good? I never played any of these.
These games are great !

BTW - there is a minor glitch in CC5 installer - incorect file name, that preventing from starting new game (at least - for me).
In 'Close Combat 5\Data\Ops\' find file named 'KG MĂĽller' & rename it to 'KG MALller'.

Allready notified support about this issue,
If I already bought CC2, will. I get the original as a bonus retroactively?