It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: I assume you meant to post that in "the what did just update?" thread.
Oh man, there's too much to keep track of, no wonder that everyone is confused, even the tracking heroes.
Shouldn't GoG have this task, I mean... for getting the money and everything.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Grargar: I assume you meant to post that in "the what did just update?" thread.
Oops. Yes, thank you. I have also a post in preparation for this thread but it'll be a few hours until I collect all the info. Hence the mistake.

If you can, please delete my text from your post.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Oops. Yes, thank you. I have also a post in preparation for this thread too but it'll be a few hours until I collect all the info. Hence the mistake.

If you can, please delete my text from your post.
Done.
From MaGog's logs for 14 March:

Well, GOG is really and truly taking the mickey when it comes to the pricing of "Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition Upgrade [DLC]".

Reminder: MaGog has previously reported that this much-coveted DLC costs:
- $3.99 in US (baseline price)
- $1.49 in Russia and nine other former Soviet republics
- $3.49 in central and south America
- $4.99 in Ukraine and New-Zealand
- $5.39 in most of Europe
- $5.99 in UK

Naively, I thought to myself that the rest of the world would pay the US price, but apparently that is not the case (reminder: this kind of detailed information for every country in the world is collected by MaGog only once a week, on Saturday).

Apparently, most of the world actually pays $4.99.
Three additional countries pay $5.39 (Serbia, Montenegro, and Vatican (congratulations, HypersomniacLive)).

And only a handful of countries actually pay the US price. These countries are:
United States (US), Canada (CA), Cuba (CU), Iran, Islamic Republic of (IR), Korea, Democratic People's Republic of (KP), Myanmar (MM), Sudan (SD), Syrian Arab Republic (SY), Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of (VE)

Now look at this list and tell me that there isn't somewhere a Republican US Congressman having a fit right now.

Truth be told, I believe this is primarily a GOG bug in the US price of the DLC. The regular edition HM2 costs $14.99, the special edition costs $19.99, and the DLC costs $3.99?! I believe the US price should have been $4.99.

Regardless, if MaGog is to continue, rather parochially and anachronistically, to refer to the US price as the baseline, it now has three regions where previously there was one. I split "Rest of the World (US)" into (1) "Most of the World (CN)", (2) "Rest of Europe" (RS), and (3) "Rest of the World (US)".

I expect that sometime soon the first (CN) and the last (US) will recombine, once the DLC price is changed to $4.99, but meanwhile enjoy the new and improved "matrix".
Post edited March 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
Think there will come a time when you'll need to make MaGog check the typical regions for most games and have exceptions set for the oddballs, so it won't end up making separate regions for just about every country eventually. So most of the time it'll make do with the minimum number of checks and entries and for those where on Saturdays it notices differences it'll add asterisks and tooltips next to the flags representing the major regions, noting "does not include [list of countries that should be in that region but have a different price]" wherever that's the case, and underneath a list of other different prices, with flag of biggest country and tooltip detailing which ones are included exactly for each. And it'll of course need to remember this and check for those additional regions for just those games every 6 hours.
Sounds complicated though. And no idea how the regions table will work with this.
Cavalary: Think there will come a time when you'll need to make MaGog check the typical regions for most games and have exceptions set for the oddballs, so it won't end up making separate regions for just about every country eventually. So most of the time it'll make do with the minimum number of checks and entries and for those where on Saturdays it notices differences it'll add asterisks and tooltips next to the flags representing the major regions, noting "does not include [list of countries that should be in that region but have a different price]" wherever that's the case, and underneath a list of other different prices, with flag of biggest country and tooltip detailing which ones are included exactly for each. And it'll of course need to remember this and check for those additional regions for just those games every 6 hours.
Sounds complicated though. And no idea how the regions table will work with this.
Yes. I expect you're right.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: ... And only a handful of countries actually pay the US price. These countries are:
United States (US), Canada (CA), Cuba (CU), Iran, Islamic Republic of (IR), Korea, Democratic People's Republic of (KP), Myanmar (MM), Sudan (SD), Syrian Arab Republic (SY), Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of (VE)
XD
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Grim Fandango Remastered, regional_str: AU,DE,GB,PL,RU,CH,CZ,NO,SE,UZ, ***TO*** RU,UZ,

Just a reminder that regional pricing is primarily about paying more. If Europe happens to pay less, because of currency fluctuations, nobody seems to have trouble to return it to non-regional-pricing, leaving RU and UZ the only discounted.
I'm leaving this on the Regional Priced list for now, because I fully expect that when the euro rallies it will be back. In my estimation they aren't really flat-pricing it, they are just adjusting to the economic realities of the moment.

mrkgnao: ... And only a handful of countries actually pay the US price. These countries are:
DeMignon: XD
America's Rogues Gallery of mortal enemies. And yes, that includes Canada. ;)
IAmSinistar: America's Rogues Gallery of mortal enemies. And yes, that includes Canada. ;)
Blame Canada!
From MaGog's logs for 17 March:

* Regional price for Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas in RU: $5.39 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas in UZ: $5.39 instead of $14.99
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 17 March:

* Regional price for Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas in RU: $5.39 instead of $14.99
* Regional price for Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas in UZ: $5.39 instead of $14.99
Thanks.

Also, just noticed my rep. Hail Satan, and +1000 to our Lord Of Lies.
From MaGog's logs for 19 March:

* Regional price for Lichdom: Battlemage in RU: $10.89 instead of $39.99
* Regional price for Lichdom: Battlemage in UZ: $10.89 instead of $39.99
does someone know the current witcher 3 price in british pounds with full discount?
apehater: does someone know the current witcher 3 price in british pounds with full discount?
GBP 36.49 (-27% from GBP 49.99) [GBP 4.70 back in store credit]
Post edited March 19, 2015 by mrkgnao
low rated
apehater: does someone know the current witcher 3 price in british pounds with full discount?
mrkgnao: GBP 36.49 (-27% from GBP 49.99)
thanks
Post edited March 19, 2015 by apehater