It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time flies.

<span class="bold">Toren</span>, an experimental puzzle-adventure, is available to pre-order for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

A child was born, Moonlight, destined to unlock the mysteries of a tower known as <span class="bold">Toren</span>. She sets off on a dark-fantasy adventure that focuses on growth, self-discovery, and overcoming unthinkable adversity: "If your life and all its phases lasted only one day, what would you do with it?" Toren is an experimental adventure that mixes dream-like, orange-tinted scapes with everchanging, puzzle-based gameplay to become an interactive poem: story-driven, smart and beautiful. As you ascend the tower of Toren the world will change, and you will grow with it. If you're a connoisseur of the sounds as much as the sights, <span class="bold">Toren: Deluxe Edition</span> which includes the original soundtrack, may just be the version for you.

Pre-order <span class="bold">Toren</span> now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The 10% pre-order discount will last until May 12th, when the game is expected to launch.
Vainamoinen: It's taxes. Of course you get nothing back. I get nothing back. It just magically vanishes before I ever see it and then it finances the BND to spy the crap out of us. Where is the relevance to the matter at hand?

I can empathize, really, absolutely. Yet still fail to see the relevance here. :(

Who is an idiot, and who actually DOES receive some kind of government grants to fund his "movies". Still, corruption? Weren't we talking about that?

As of now, you posted a lot of things, some of which made sense to me, yet none in the context of this discussion. Either you'll make an effort to set the things that do concern this game, this game company and its funding straight, or not – but what you posted as of yet was really just unrelated FUD, not an effort to actually clarify. So, you supposedly helped fund a game through your tax money. What exactly keeps you from feeling pride in that? ;)
airnmusic: Never mind man, he's never gonna be able to prove anything. Lately we have a lot of people complaining about the government over here (which of course has it's corruption problems, as everywhere else in the world), but most will just ignore the greater corruption that came before the actual president or the one before.

Sure, he gave some links and I can provide a list of others saying exactly the opposite. In the end it doesn't matter, because not a single one of them is related to the game, rouanet law or anything to support his claims.

Really, I'm amazed at someone saying that you are supporting communism in Brazil if you buy a game that's being developed for years now. That's really a long shot. =O
I'm not here to prove anything. And the world's just fine. One of our main issues in Brazil is to always look to outsiders and forget what's on the inside, our ways, our issues. It's always their fault, not ours. Let's stick to our problem and overcome it for once, huh?
Of course it does matter. It's a government law, one that kinda 52% of us elected. It concerns us all. It's your money, mine.And you can check the steams forums for this issue. I'm not the only one who's pissed off.
The pseudo-communism gag was for laughs only. PT is not about communism, at all, It's about getting millionaire, tearing our constitution apart. Buying this game, watching that movie and going to that concert support this law and the masterminds behind it completely.

Vainamoinen: Absolutely zero pride in this game, unfortunately. If could've been different, you know?

I'm done with this Toren issue in here, for real. I'm tired, got 2 kids to raise.
I'm a lone wolf, no one behaves like me. But some will listen, and I'm glad for that.
low rated
VanishedOne: According to a comment on http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/toren 'if you buy this game you'll support pseudo-communism, widespread corruption, Brazil's most corrupt government ever. It's like buying a game about democracy made by Hugo Chavez.'

Morbid curiosity level: rising...
Kaien.853: Chavez should release a survival game on Steam Early Access.
Considering the guy has been dead since 2013... your choice of words gives it a peculiar meaning... :P

edit: oh and thanks for the trolls down rating my previous post, you really comfort me in my position. Thanks a lot. :)
here it is again for you people open for debate, with the important parts bolded:
Zoidberg: Oh look, a preorderable, deluxed-edition, regionally-priced puzzle-game...

Gog is definitely going with all the same crass things as Steam... good for them I guess.

Gotta admit this one takes the cake though.

And there's not even a date on this...
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Zoidberg
Riotact: Thanks for sharing that insight here vicklemos, it does offer a new dynamic to the discussion
jamotide: Not really, this guy is probably a supporter of the dictatorship or some other right wing nutter. Brazil is less corrupt than most states in the world, most notably less corrupt than nations where good old capitalist dictatorships still rule.
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014

Also notice how he only talks about the GDP, as if that is in anyway related to the well being of poor people. If you compare the country to columbia, basically the only right wing capitalist goverment left in south america, Brazil looks way better. Half the unemployment and so on.
Wow, thanks for explaining that to me, again, another valuable insight brought to this gaming forum, it never ceases to amaze me how awesome and varied GOG is, when I see discussions like this, Ukraine, someone has a problem with their cat, or their stove, everything can be discussed here!

Thanks again for the information :)
IronArcturus: Is this game similar to Ico?
My first thoughts were Ico and Zelda :)
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Riotact
Zoidberg: edit: oh and thanks for the trolls down rating my previous post, you really comfort me in my position. Thanks a lot. :)
here it is again for you people open for debate, with the important parts bolded:
Technically they aren't the trolls here. Also you, Mister FTL is all luck, have no business complaining about trolling anyway hehe.
low rated
Zoidberg: edit: oh and thanks for the trolls down rating my previous post, you really comfort me in my position. Thanks a lot. :)
jamotide: Technically they aren't the trolls here. Also you, Mister FTL is all luck, have no business complaining about trolling anyway hehe.
I am nothing compared to you, master of trolls.
Any ideas? I'm a bit confused... promo says, "The 10% pre-order discount will last until May 12th, when the game is expected to launch" and yet, after purchasing, it says on my shelf that the game will be available for download approximately December 25... what am I missing?
akhliber: Any ideas? I'm a bit confused... promo says, "The 10% pre-order discount will last until May 12th, when the game is expected to launch" and yet, after purchasing, it says on my shelf that the game will be available for download approximately December 25... what am I missing?
Fixed :)
akhliber: Any ideas? I'm a bit confused... promo says, "The 10% pre-order discount will last until May 12th, when the game is expected to launch" and yet, after purchasing, it says on my shelf that the game will be available for download approximately December 25... what am I missing?
JudasIscariot: Fixed :)
Awesome, thanks Judas! I was unsure which date was the correct one. Glad to see it's the one that's sooner. :)
Zoidberg: I am nothing compared to you, master of trolls.
Haha, you just admitted that you are a troll
Interesting but I'll wait till the game actually comes out. Better safe then sorry.
On the risk of sounding like a broken record and being totally off topic on Brazilian government corruption or trolling practices I would love if they get a FLAC soundtrack for this (sounds good from the trailer). I assume no mention of that as the developers haven't advised GOG?

Now back to the important topics ;P
Pre-ordering a game I never heard of? Sure, that sounds like a good idea.
/s
kalmis666: Pre-ordering a game I never heard of? Sure, that sounds like a good idea.
/s
But you have now heard of it so I guess pre-ordering is ok now :)
Wow, what visuals! And I like the concept. Seems like one for me to get when I upgrade the computer.
If the game ends up being good, then - politics be damned - I'll support good games by buying it. I'm fairly certain that will do more good than harm...