It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A haze of neon carnage.

<span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span>, a conclusion to the psychotic saga, is now available to pre-order for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

Limbs strewn everywhere, pulsating to the rhythmic thumping of a haunting (hauntingly good) mixtape. <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span> is a conclusion to the maddeningly good saga that's conquered so many of our hearts, then left them bleeding out in the corner of a musty motel room. A quiet end, we should count ourselves lucky. Should have, because Hotline Miami is back with a thick, bloody vengeance. If there is one thing to love about the series (other than than the incredible soundtrack and gritty neon-laced setting), it's the precise, fast-paced gameplay which just got better and a bit more varied. There are new unique mask abilities like dual wielding or chainsaws (maybe dual-wielding chainsaws, if we're lucky), and seven new playable characters to make up this twisted part-prequel, part-sequel story of Jacket's aftermath.

If there was ever a good reason to pick up the bigger package, the <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition</span> comes with the Remix EP and 6 unique tracks. An absolute treat, if you're into the Hotline musical stylings. Nothing's lost if you don't want to make the commitment just yet. You can always get the standard edition, and get the upgrade pack when it becomes available later on.

Once it's complete, all versions of the game will also come with a DRM-free Custom Level Editor to create your own maps and share them with friends. While you're waiting, make sure to grab the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Comics for free!

Ring ring. It's <span class="bold">Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number</span>. Will you pick up? The pre-order is available now on GOG.com, with a 10% discount.

Why is Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number not available for pre-order in Australia?
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was refused classification by the Australian Classification Board - the classification and censorship body formed by the Australian Government - this means that we are legally unable to sell the game to our Australian customers. We hated to hear it as much as you do, but after thoughtful consideration we felt that by refusing to sell the game worldwide, we would effectively apply the Australian censorship to 190+ other countries in the world. That would be unfairly punishing not just to our customers, but also the developers who took a stand against censoring their game.
By preventing purchases from IP's located within the borders of Australia, we make sure that the smallest number of people are affected by the ban. It sucks, but we believe it's the least of all evils.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Konrad
GOG.com: Why is Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number not available for pre-order in Australia?
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was refused classification by the Australian Classification Board ... this means that we are legally unable to sell the game to our Australian customers.
The fuck, GOG? I thought you were better than this. That said, there are a number of games Australians can buy here that are still technically "banned" in Australia like: Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, Postal 1&2, Phantasmagoria, and Risen.

So why are you bending over for this one now? It's a goddamn digital-only gane, and it's not like you got some idiot publisher breathing down your neck. All that because the Playstation version was refused classification. If it wasn't for the console iterations they'd never have bothered to even seek a classification to begin with because console makers dictate that every game needs one. This is not at all the case when it comes to digital PC games - hence why there are very few indie games that have a rating of any kind; they don't fucking need one! - so I really don't see any grounds why you should just say "Oh, fuck it! We'll just take it up the arse like everybody else." Fucking A, man.
ReynardFox: Is anyone getting a 404 when trying to view the gamecard? Or is this what happens now when I try to access blocked content?
I think it's a glitch in the system. I got it as well, Firefox was saying the address for the gamecard could never be resolved.

Just tried again, both the standard and special edition cards are showing properly now.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Klumpen0815: @Australia: Get your artistic freedom straight.
Leroux: Good one, coming from a German! :D
I'm not saying it's better here, but I'm ranting about the German censorship enough already.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Klumpen0815
marionette: I'm so embarrassed for my country over this ridiculous ban. We fought so long to even get an adult 18 Rating but it still doesn't stop the bans. We have to keep fighting to be treated like actual adults who can make their own choices. It's very frustrating and easy to be dispirited.
Well, we germans had that fucking shit years ago, too. But since a few years our "Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien" seems to have understood that censoring games for adults is the wrong way. There are more and more games that are not censored in germany anymore.
Klumpen0815: @Australia: Get your artistic freedom straight.
More swastikas! =P
EnforcerSunWoo: I didn't say that. Don't put words into my mouth.
tfishell: I didn't say you said it, you posted above a picture of the email Jonatan Söderström sent to someone, and then deleted it it seems. That's what I was referring to and quoting.

However, I will say perhaps I shouldn't have been so candid in encouraging piracy.

In any case, this thing is what I was referring to:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2si0b2/i_contacted_jonatan_s%C3%B6derstr%C3%B6m_hotline_miami_2/
Don't worry about it, it's all good. Your post just read funny.

It is unfortunate that Australia more or less banned Hotline Miami 2 due to refusing classification. Maybe the potential gifting work around will be enough, but who know. Otherwise Australians might just have to take Jonatan Söderström's comments into consideration...
GOG.com: By preventing purchases from IP's located within the borders of Australia, we make sure that the smallest number of people are affected by the ban. It sucks, but we believe it's the least of all evils.
Wishbone: Have you found a proper IP geolocation method, so the poor New Zealanders aren't punished just because the Australians keep electing idiot politicians?
Better IP tracking, please! :P
Licurg: Where's the option to upgrade the basic version ?
Grargar: Look at my post above. It will be available when it gets released.
Man, I should really start reading stuff before buying stuff :/
I have the first one but couldn't play it because of the constant screen movement that gave me headache. I hope it will be different in this one, wishlisted for now and waiting for reviews.
mistermumbles: So why are you bending over for this one now?
I hope they have a good answer to this one if they want me buying here again.
marionette: I'm so embarrassed for my country over this ridiculous ban. We fought so long to even get an adult 18 Rating but it still doesn't stop the bans. We have to keep fighting to be treated like actual adults who can make their own choices. It's very frustrating and easy to be dispirited.

Anyway, GOG made the right decision here, I think. Don't let my country's idiocy affect the rest of you.
Can't you just use a VPN ?
mistermumbles: More swastikas! =P
In all the colours of the rainbow!

Anyway, GOG made the right decision here, I think. Don't let my country's idiocy affect the rest of you.
Licurg: Can't you just use a VPN ?
But then the problem doesn't get addressed.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by realkman666
mistermumbles: More swastikas! =P
realkman666: In all the colours of the rainbow!
Licurg: Can't you just use a VPN ?
realkman666: But then the problem doesn't get addressed.
People get the game, so...

Licurg: People get the game, so...
It's just a game, it doesn't matter.

Licurg: People get the game, so...
Isn't this rather an argument for pirating? oO

I want neither of such methods.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by Klumpen0815