It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blair Witch is now available for pre-order.

Blair Witch is a first-person, story-driven psychological horror game based on the cinematic lore of Blair Witch. It’s 1996. A young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. As Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, you join the search. What starts as an ordinary investigation soon turns into an endless nightmare as you confront your fears and the Blair Witch, a mysterious force that haunts the woods…
GameRager: The possessed boy thing matches the first original game, though, so maybe it'll follow it/be good. I hope so, anyhow. :|

================================

still it'd be nice if they had the rights(or someone did) and they came out...even as remastered versions(with originals added as a bonus).
Orpheus-GOG: 1) Game? Yeah (kinda, since Volume 1 was almost a prequel to the 1st movie and this one? Doesn't seem to be as close to it). I was talking purely about the movies though.

2) Ofc it'd be nice. But if they're releasing a new game with a somewhat similar story to the 1st game...I'm having some serious "new trilogy" (or whatever) vibes here, you know?
Don't get me wrong, I'm crossing my fingers to be completely wrong on this one...but I also have ZERO expectations of ever seeing the originals again. =(
1. Yes the first game(Vol 1) was partially about a possessed boy so it fits this new game a bit based on the game page's blurb anyways.

2. I hope we're wrong and we see the originals at some point in the future(heck, we got some games from Blizz on-board so all hope is not lost, eh?)....but if they do a faithful/good remake of them i'd also like that as well.

GameRager: Could be, but it was never blatantly stated who/what did it & I was always curious......and yeah I noticed some of that while playing. It was a fun game while it lasted.
Cadaver747: His past was not revealed, yes. But a few facts are known: his name is Joshua Stranger (credits) and he hates all kinds of monsters, at the same time he knows many of them personally. So you may assume he had a story involving relationships with dark beings (demons and such). Baron Samedi implied that he knew all about his past and hinted that it was not very bright. Stranger also is very cold towards normal humans, that could mean that his close ones (a family probably) were brutally massacred (sacrificed) by dark beings. Maybe Stranger is not his real name but a new alias and the whole purpose was to cut his past.
So of course we don't know much, but the hints are here and there. My guess is that he was forced by a contract to work for a powerful being which he hated and feared, and that contract was terminated with a loss of his family followed by banishment of ex-employer and his organization (a cult). There are many similarities with Caleb from Blood game which was released a few years earlier.
This is all true and I just realized the caleb similarities(*hits head due to stupidity*).

Crosmando: Ahhhh, the movie that created one of the worst movie genre of all time: found-footage horror
Some like VHS are pretty good. :\
Post edited June 10, 2019 by GameRager
DDDespair: So is this going to be based more on the original movie, or the new one?
Orpheus-GOG: Umm...have you actually seen the "new" one? It's all the same, dude. The "original" and the "new" one are set in exactly the same universe. It wasn't a reboot but yet another sequel.
The new one was a trash gore-fest full of cliches rather than staying true to the original's usage of creepy atmosphere instead of direct horror.
Orpheus-GOG: Umm...have you actually seen the "new" one? It's all the same, dude. The "original" and the "new" one are set in exactly the same universe. It wasn't a reboot but yet another sequel.
DDDespair: The new one was a trash gore-fest full of cliches rather than staying true to the original's usage of creepy atmosphere instead of direct horror.
The original Blair Witch film is definitely trash. So if the new one was trash too, then it's exactly like the poster you are replying to said: they are all the same.
tinyE: Far out, a game about three morons that get lost in the woods and annoy the hell out of everyone to that point that we all start rooting for the witch.

Or is that just the movie? :P
Don't forget the shaky camera that gave many audiences a migraine.
low rated
tinyE: Far out, a game about three morons that get lost in the woods and annoy the hell out of everyone to that point that we all start rooting for the witch.

sasuke12: Don't forget the shaky camera that gave many audiences a migraine.
You forgot the drippy nose of the one chick in the tent.

sasuke12: Don't forget the shaky camera that gave many audiences a migraine.
...and nausea.
i pre-ordered in teh end

1) drunk
2) high
3) b.w.p. was one of teh first scary movies i ever did watch. brrrrrrrr.
MarkoH01: So another game from Bloober will be released here. Nice - but where is "Layers of Fear 2"?
TheGreatDustpan: Good question.
MarkoH01: So another game from Bloober will be released here. Nice - but where is "Layers of Fear 2"?
LynetteC: I came here to ask that exact question . It makes no sense when the original and expansion were here from day 1 and a game that's not even released yet is avalable for pre-order.
I reached out and asked them myself. As for now it does not look good:

"Hi Marko,
Thank you for reaching out to us! Currently there are no plans to release the game on to GOG. Please continue to follow us on our social channels, as that is where we will post any new updates for releases."
DDDespair: The new one was a trash gore-fest full of cliches rather than staying true to the original's usage of creepy atmosphere instead of direct horror.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: The original Blair Witch film is definitely trash. So if the new one was trash too, then it's exactly like the poster you are replying to said: they are all the same.
Nah not really. But whatever. I'm sure you'll "enlighten" me on why it's trash. Or, maybe you won't?
looks like a nauscious/ motionsickness inducing version of Slenderman 6 Pages... (and that was already bad enough)
Post edited June 12, 2019 by dyscode
LynetteC: I came here to ask that exact question . It makes no sense when the original and expansion were here from day 1 and a game that's not even released yet is avalable for pre-order.
MarkoH01: I reached out and asked them myself. As for now it does not look good:

"Hi Marko,
Thank you for reaching out to us! Currently there are no plans to release the game on to GOG. Please continue to follow us on our social channels, as that is where we will post any new updates for releases."
Thanks Marko. It makes no sense at all not to release the second game here when the first was here from day 1 and their next game is available for pre order.

Guess they don't want my money. I'm not buying this until I can get LoF2 and I don't want one on GOG and one on Steam!
The Rustin Parr / Coffin Rock / Elly Kedward trilogy was great because they were basially just stand alone expansions for Nocturne.
Rare that a game looks waaaaaaaaay better than the movie. LOL! Plus, I'm a sucker for compagnon animals in video games. ;) Glad this is coming to GOG. Wishlisted for now. :D
rip pre-order, now the release date is lost in the woods with Josh
Oh well, guess will wait for it to come out on a bundle for cheap.