It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blair Witch is now available for pre-order.

Blair Witch is a first-person, story-driven psychological horror game based on the cinematic lore of Blair Witch. It’s 1996. A young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. As Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, you join the search. What starts as an ordinary investigation soon turns into an endless nightmare as you confront your fears and the Blair Witch, a mysterious force that haunts the woods…
high rated
Glad this is getting a day 1 release here. I'm curious if Bloober getting the rights to the Blair Witch series increases the chances of the rest of the Blair Witch games getting a re-release.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=blair%20witch
oh boy :O the first movie was so awesome back in the days. game looks great as well! wishlisted!
Not a fan of the movie, but still intriguing.

Wait and see.
low rated
Hmmm... do I want to to experience one of the worst movies ever made once more, in person... let me think...

Gee, I think the answer might be "no".
Maybe there is a chance for the original Blair Witch Project trilogy?
low rated
Far out, a game about three morons that get lost in the woods and annoy the hell out of everyone to that point that we all start rooting for the witch.

Or is that just the movie? :P
Attachments:
bwp.jpg (113 Kb)
Post edited June 10, 2019 by tinyE
low rated
Loger13: Maybe there is a chance for the original Blair Witch Project trilogy?
This...the originals were very good/scary in parts/etc....

Far out, a game about three morons that get lost in the woods and annoy the hell out of everyone to that point that we all start rooting for the witch.

Or is that just the movie? :P
The games(the original ones at least) were well made(By the same guys who made Nocturne) and very tense/scary in places & focused more on the "legend" of the Blair Witch than found footage style stuff.

Sadly this game is a remake(afaik) of the first one, and not the originals....though if they fixed that one tough bit(you need to grab some possessed person in less than 15 seconds while navigating obstacles in order to progress) i'd welcome it.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by GameRager
TheGreatDustpan: I'm curious if Bloober getting the rights to the Blair Witch series increases the chances of the rest of the Blair Witch games getting a re-release.
It all depends if they've acquired the rights to "everything Blair Witch related"...or if they just got a new license only for making NEW games from now on.
And if I have to bet...I'll say it's the latter, not the former. So don't hold your breath.
I hope they've taken some liberties instead of doing a straight movie-to-game adaptation..
TheGreatDustpan: ...getting the rights to the Blair Witch series increases the chances of the rest of the Blair Witch games getting a re-release.
Yes, please. And Nocturne game for a complete pack.
low rated
TheGreatDustpan: I'm curious if Bloober getting the rights to the Blair Witch series increases the chances of the rest of the Blair Witch games getting a re-release.
Orpheus-GOG: It all depends if they've acquired the rights to "everything Blair Witch related"...or if they just got a new license only for making NEW games from now on.
And if I have to bet...I'll say it's the latter, not the former. So don't hold your breath.
Or they might have the rights to sell the older games but they perhaps don't want the "competition" to their own release/right now or they don't want to bother with making it run on new systems. :\

clarry: I hope they've taken some liberties instead of doing a straight movie-to-game adaptation..
Look into the old Blair Witch trilogy for comparison/a good view of what this game will likely be. The older games(and this one seemingly) focus on the legend in the films not the documentary aspect/found footage style wandering.

TheGreatDustpan: ...getting the rights to the Blair Witch series increases the chances of the rest of the Blair Witch games getting a re-release.
Cadaver747: Yes, please. And Nocturne game for a complete pack.
TBH I wish Nocturne would get a sequel to resolve that blasted cliffhanger from the first game. :)
Post edited June 10, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: TBH I wish Nocturne would get a sequel to resolve that blasted cliffhanger from the first game. :)
Something tells me that everyone who loved that game would want a sequel. I don't care about cliffhanger though, even Nocturne prequel should be fine for me, all I want is more Stranger, and his past seems more sinister than possible future after ending.
So another game from Bloober will be released here. Nice - but where is "Layers of Fear 2"?
MarkoH01: So another game from Bloober will be released here. Nice - but where is "Layers of Fear 2"?
Good question.