It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The chronicle of the Third Era is about to be revealed!

Age of Wonders 3, the long-anticipated continuation to the fan-favorite, award-winning strategy series, set in a robust and beautiful world that becomes the scene for diverse, complex, and engaging gameplay, is available for pre-orders on GOG.com. Depending on your location you'll be charged $39.99 or the USD equivalent of £29.99, or €39.99. An extended Age of Wonders 3 - Deluxe Edition, featuring a full soundtrack and the Dragon's Throne standalone scenario, is available for $44.99, £34.99, or €44.99. As a special pre-order bonus, both versions include the Elven Resurgence, a standalone scenario DLC.

Imagine! Empires rising and falling before your very eyes, led to victory or defeat by heroes of legend so powerful that they appear to be titans in the eyes of mortals. Sorcerers harness the arcane powers to bend the rules of the world around them. Theocrats twist the wills of their followers with the holy aura bestowed upon them by their deities for their zealous service. Rogues rule the shadows, taking any chance to strike and win before their foes even realize there is a war to fight. Warlords earn the loyalty of their legions by the glory gained in the many battles they emerged from, victorious. Archdruids become one with nature, and the land itself rushes to their aid. Dreadnoughts rely on the art of engineering to construct their unstoppable artificial armies. All those powers, all of their miraculous exploits, all of their desires, all thrown into one realm of war. This shall truly be an age of wonders!

With Age of Wonders 3, Triumph Studios aims to set new standards not only for the acclaimed Age of Wonders series, but also for the turn-based strategy genre itself. Taking advantage of all the modern gaming bells and whistles, the title will deliver an impressive level of complexity in gameplay and an immersive, lush, and diverse gameworld that can become your own for hundreds of hours. With the ability to choose one of the six leader classes, you'll be able to custom-tailor your empire--and by extension your experience with the game--to your personal gameplay style, so you can enjoy the extensive campaign the game offers in any way you like. You'll be leading into battle armies recruited from within six humanoid races as well as some fantastic creatures and mythical monsters. The turn-based tactical combat itself will prove to be a challenge for the most seasoned of strategy gamers but also scalable enough for beginners to enjoy. With over 50 location types to explore and exploit, hundreds of abilities to master for tactical and strategic advantage over your foes, visually stunning presentation, and a smart random scenario generator providing virtually limitless replayability, this upcoming title may prove the only turn-based strategy game you'll need for many years to come!

Pre-order Age of Wonders 3, for only $39.99 or the USD equivalent of £29.99, or €39.99 on GOG.com (or opt in for the splendid Age of Wonders 3 - Deluxe Edition), and secure your entry to the fantastic realm of power and dominion, which opens to all the brave souls approximately on March 31. Note that Age of Wonders 3 is the first title with regional pricing on GOG.com in quite some time and this means that we are charging the USD equivalents of the official regional price.

Note, that just as we have done before in such occasions, we'll be throwing in a little something extra to the deal, to accommodate those of you, who end up paying more than the others due to the currency conversion rates applied. We've picked some games that fit well with the genre represented by Age of Wonders III, and if you're one of those people, you'll get to pick one of them. You'll be sent a gift-code allowing you to redeem one of the following excellent titles: Master of Magic, Lords of Magic: Special Edition, Eador: Genesis, King’s Bounty: The Legend, Disciples II: Gold, and Etherlords II.
Costs ~16 EUR here. Thanks for remembering Russian Federation, GOG. :)
high rated
JudasIscariot: We do know our customers very well and we can see that there is a brown tornado, so to speak, rolling through here right now but it's better than avoiding the thread and leaving folks thinking we don't care.

(Don't worry I am not taking anything personally, in case you were wondering :P )
BuzzLightyear2: Thanks for Summoner, by the way. Wishlisted for now. I have my eyes on Blackguards. :)

Edit: Props for having the courage to post.
Don't thank only us, thank Nordic Games as well for being awesome and releasing Summoner :)
Darvond: Pre-ordering on digital is one of those ways the publisher can take your money even if the game is arse. I don't know anything about Age of Wonders 3 aside from its name and I'm going to not purchase it to spite 'Triumph Games' (I'll probably send them a short, yet irate email on the matter.).
Heh heh, that sounds about right. I've actually never bothered with it, even for physical copies of games. I could think of half a dozen reasons why it's probably not a good idea...

Pretty much the only reason why I'd ever pre-order a game, is in order to support a developer I really like and respect, and trust to deliver a high quality game experience. I probably don't need to tell you that this scenario is extremely rare. :P
Trilarion: What I really don't like about it is that GOG just display me the price on the gamecard and doesn't tell me that would I come from somewhere else I would probably pay less or more.
jamotide: haha! If they would do that, nobody would buy it! The reason 80% off sales work so well is that everyone thinks they are making a good deal so more people buy. Here we have the exact opposite! Here you are being told you are getting screwed when you buy this!
You know I'm not that stupid. I know that the prices are different and I can check them easily with a proxy and I'm sure that the community or someone else will make a price tracker site soon. It's not exactly rocket science.

So there is no real difference between now and what could be. The buying decision is completely indepdent of this. It's just the matter if GOG wants to play hide and seek or if they want to offer a bit of service.

In summary: The customers finds out sooner or later. No sense in hiding what you do it just adds to the bad general image. I wish they would be better than the others, but they aren't.
ZPavelZ: Costs ~16 EUR here. Thanks for remembering Russian Federation, GOG. :)
But thats only for that game. prices for "older" stuff is still same.
CharlesGrey: Hm, game looks decent at a glance, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. Not really relevant to my interests, either way, so my wallet is safe.

I do have a few questions about GOG pre-orders, if anyone could answer them. Basically, when I pre-order, will the money be transferred instantly, or only once the game is available? And will it be possible to cancel the pre-order before the game is released?

Also, why exactly should I pre-order a digitally distributed game? It's not like it will cut down on "shipping time", and there's no limited amount of copies, so what's the deal? There don't seem to be any exclusive pre-order bonuses either... ? I don't really get the point.

One more thing: Dear fellow GOG users, while I understand that many are upset about the new pricing policy, and intend to boycott these games ( or GOG in general ) because of it, please refrain from writing negative reviews for this game or other regionally priced games. That is, if the game itself sucks, write about that all you like, but please keep the reviews objective and focus on the actual game quality. I'm not interested in this particular game, as I mentioned, but negative reviews based solely on pricing policy really aren't helpful to people who would like to know more about a game they consider buying.
If you read the game card it mentions pre-order incentives as well the price upon release - I think it's about $15 cheaper to pre-order it at this point over waiting for its release date.
I've only read the first 100 posts but aren't we a little too harsh?

This game is available on GOG regional priced but could not be at all. Isn't this still better than nothing?

Those who are screwd by the price have the option not to buy it. But at least we have a DRM-free copy of Age of Wonders 3.

Can't we be happy for those from North and South America who can buy it at normal price? Not to mention other countries (Russia and perhaps others) who can buy this at a lower price?

It's the only game with regional price so far. Even if you buy this at a different store it will still be regional priced, no?
Well, I won't buy a game for such a price, regional pricing or not (only exception maybe being the next Mass Effect game...).
But yeah, better here too, than only on Steam, even though it hurts to see it. Damn.
JudasIscariot: If you pre-order, the money gets transferred instantly.
Here's a question. GOG has a new 30-day refund policy. I'm not a pre-order customer or even a release price customer, but let's pretend I'm all ready to order AOW 3 right now. It comes out and it's filled with bugs and broken or missing features. Does the 30-day refund still apply?
ZPavelZ: Costs ~16 EUR here. Thanks for remembering Russian Federation, GOG. :)
Redfern: But thats only for that game. prices for "older" stuff is still same.
Naturally, but that means Russia will be a separate region on GOG with separate prices, just like on Steam. Which, let's be completely frank here, is a good thing for us.
Redfern: Well, sorry, but i'm not ready to trade for games right now.
Ach, okay, nevermind then. The mystery will have to wait, unless Judas feels like answering the question now that he's popped his head above the trenches.
mattymuc: Also I get the retail version for the same price as the digital version... Something is really wrong here...
VanishedOne: Based on what TET said on the other thread, that's probably a large part of it: the dead hand of brick-and-mortar retail, desperate not to be out-competed by more efficient online shops. :-(
I don't buy that.

From the first days of digital/download shops for games (drengin.net, Steam in particular), they (publishers and eshops) were all about how this will bring prices down since they won't have to print manuals, boxes, distribution etc.
Nothing like that has happened.
Even for games which don't have a physical retail version, the prices remain up for new games. The difference is that where in the past (for PC games) you could find a very cheap NEW/unboxed game easily for a very low price after a while, now you are bound to a crappy digital version.
Yes, there are some good sales, but just wait till Steam becomes the only e-shop for PC.

And yes, I have no doubt that GOG will follow and "join" Steam in DRM sooner or later. How much they stick to their own rules and values and WORD, has been made quite clear.

BUT, hey, no one is forcing you to buy digital download games! Each of us can easily just buy a full retail of each PC game and not have to deal with ....oh wait! Shit.
Aver: I think that only people that own the game should be allowed to rate and review the game.
Some might object, but yes, that would probably solve a few common problems with reviews.
GabiMoro: I've only read the first 100 posts but aren't we a little too harsh?

This game is available on GOG regional priced but could not be at all. Isn't this still better than nothing?

Those who are screwd by the price have the option not to buy it. But at least we have a DRM-free copy of Age of Wonders 3.

Can't we be happy for those from North and South America who can buy it at normal price? Not to mention other countries (Russia and perhaps others) who can buy this at a lower price?

It's the only game with regional price so far. Even if you buy this at a different store it will still be regional priced, no?
No, I believe allowing this game here with these prices can lead to more games with similar prices including those which might have been fairly priced. Which is allowing evil or even really promoting it...

This shouldn't have happened in first place.
JudasIscariot: We do know our customers very well and we can see that there is a brown tornado, so to speak, rolling through here right now but it's better than avoiding the thread and leaving folks thinking we don't care.

(Don't worry I am not taking anything personally, in case you were wondering :P )
So, was regional pricing that "something big" M. Iwinski was refering to a while ago : http://www.mcvindia.com/news/read/interview-marcin-iwinski-co-founder-cd-projekt/0126959 ?