It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your journey to Night City is close at hand! As of today, you can pre-load all the necessary files to install Cyberpunk 2077 through your GOG GALAXY app. This way you’ll be able to dive into the most anticipated open-world RPG quickly on 10th December, when the grand premiere of the game takes place.

While we’re at it - take a look at our video below! We’ve created it along with the game’s creators to show you how super grateful we are that you’ve chosen to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, where 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by emter_pl
high rated
We can confirm that offline installers will be available at launch, at 1 AM CET. We'll continue to immediately update them with the latest patches after the game's release.

You may have noticed the pre-load is getting updated - it's the 10GB release patch we've implemented now so you can enjoy a smooth launch. The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.

Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Beaubergine
Judicat0r: the physical PC box with no disc
Preorder our physical release to get exclusive design steelbook to store your GOG code /s

gamesfreak64: there is nothing we can do about it
Actually there is A LOT you can do about it. It's this VERY BEHAVIOUR of "there is nothing I can do" that is causing all this cr*p to slide.
Vote with your wallet. Publicly voice your concerns. Be as vocal as you can be.
You CAN change the world. But nobody is going to decide for you to do that. You hv to hv courage and decide for yourself.
Don't go all "there's nothing we can do" as that only gives more incentive to GOG to make more such cr*ppy practises.

toxicTom: ...
There is also physical storage media deprivation (you can avoid it IF you manage to make bit perfect copy of the disc which is NOT possible for majority of image making software [at least on Windows, you don't really hv these kind of issues if you use *NIX] due to things like Laserlock and the likes [modern counterparts exist]).
This is the very reason so many people seek DIGITAL DRM-free (TRUE DRM-free, not "after you use our launcher") stores.
GOG currently fills a niche - afaik it's currently the only store that "claims" to be "fully" DRM-free.
Now that's dying (NMS, gwent, now THIS GAME) there really isn't much left in the industry.
There is of course itch .io but that's not fully DRM-free. There is Playism, mostly for japanese games - at least it's 100% clear if the game is DRM-free or you get Steam key (often you get both).
There are also some individual cases where you can get digital DRM-free stright from publishers (personally I can name one case: Steins;Gate - JAST version).

gamesfreak64: Suprises me the topic has'nt been locked yet .... ?
Yare yare.
Now, which is the more edgy move:
1. Ignoring your userbase and pretending to not see the posts.
2. Inducing censorship and removing basic rights to speech by locking down the thread where people merely decided to publicly voice their legitimate concerns (while explicitly staying on topic).
I will let you decide for yourself.

NuffCatnip: (...) I won't cancel my pre-order but I'm somewhat tempted to return to Steam, it's been a fun ride, but I'll probably get out at the next stop.
[i] NuffCatnip has unlocked new STANDO PAWAH level: instant teleportation in case of danger.
Goes well on par with his lvl 1 stand: cat transmutation [/i] /s

Now, seriously, I highly doubt if things will change. GOG unfortunatelly seems to be TOO DEEP in it's ignorance atm.

timmy010: It isn't definitive but I think all windows 7 users MAY need is KB4490628 and KB4474419 on top of sp1
ONLY sp1? Or like sp1 PLUS a sh*tton of random updates released after it?

igkillerhamster: Exactly. They can't.
Actually, they CAN.
"Without going into technical details" they can distribute encrypted files for preload and on day 1 upon the very minute of release just release a small decryption binary that would unwrap it. It's dead simple and that's essentially what Steam does with preloads (apart from few other things).

igkillerhamster: Last, anyone that smacked around the FCKDRM link should really, really, re-read the mission statement of it. The main criticism by and large is that actual DRM threatens you to lose access to a game entirely if/when the license servers go down without any recourse aside of cracking the game.
It's awfully ironic what you're saying here. It looks like you may be thinking that "my rewards" servers will be online forever.

igkillerhamster: Edit 2: So because I display a different perspective to the topic, you downvote now. Have fun in your rage filled echochamber of 'GOG no longer DRM-free!!!111'.
You are free to voice your own personal opinion that's different from others'. Others are meanwhile free to not agree with it and are free to use downvote button if they so desire. That has nothing to do with you specificly voicing a different opinion. It has everything to do with people not agreeing with it.

igkillerhamster: We could also go over the option of password protecting the installer and encrypting the containers, which is also not as secure as it sounds and just needs a little bit of dedication to get past.
I would like you to go and try to brute force even just 70 entropy password. Then come back and talk about it.
I hv actual deep knowledge about this and know that it's utterly easy to make it a GREAT PAIN to decrypt something.

igkillerhamster: Galaxy automatically deploys updates to games was my comparison, as to: With Offline Installers having to make customers aware of it, notify customers of the patch and having no control over people actually downloading the patch.
You can just use my encryption approach from above and put a HUGE NOTICE on offline installers download page saying that for Z (preload) version there needs to be patch downloaded in order to use it. And if that approach would be used then most users would seek the patch themselves without anyone telling them (most people aren't that dumb to NOT do that after seeing a prompt from encrypted installer asking for a decryption patch).

Also, note:
GOG *does* use encrypted install files already. It has in the past and probably still does. Innosetup allows password protecting archives.
One example from the past (I cannot verify if it's still there) was original Grid (1) on GOG. It had encrypted archive files and the password was either hidden in or generated by installer executable. It's just enough if GOG would reuse the scheme and just release decrypting executable on day 1.

fr33kSh0w2012: How is it that people have been able to play it since YESTERDAY the 7th of December, Yet the rest of us still have to wait?
sanscript: Easy. Just turn the clock forward and play the dream...
Considering the spree of bad coding practises visible EVERYWHERE (hey, you are using one right now when reading this, the forum software from dark ages that is) I wouldn't be suprised if the lock would be THAT dumb.

edit: Tried to fix cursive bbcode but it just doesn't work and I don't know why :P
Post edited December 09, 2020 by B1tF1ghter
high rated
Very disappointed as well in this Galaxy-exclusive content. I purchased The Witcher 3 on GOG to ensure the largest share possible of the money goes to CD Projekt, but the gradual chipping away at the DRM-free aspects of the store really make me question whether I'll repeat the experience for Cyberpunk.
Gog, what to say ?

Just bought yesterday Cyberpunk, and i tried all day to pre-load the game, and always having the same ERROR E3 Failed to connect to Gog servers, and also i received The 1º Witcher for free and tried it to download and the error happened again. i reinstalled the app and rebbot my router and PC and nothing, still the same Error. Any Thoughts ? -.-" ?
CristianoCardoso: Gog, what to say ?

Just bought yesterday Cyberpunk, and i tried all day to pre-load the game, and always having the same ERROR E3 Failed to connect to Gog servers, and also i received The 1º Witcher for free and tried it to download and the error happened again. i reinstalled the app and rebbot my router and PC and nothing, still the same Error. Any Thoughts ? -.-" ?
Contact support?
B1tF1ghter: Contact support?
you will get an email back in about two weeks which says sorry we are too flat out to bother looking at your problem so goto the forum or wait another two weeks

p.s, yes gog servers are having issues which is of course what you have to expect when they are placed under these loads
B1tF1ghter: Contact support?
ussnorway: you will get an email back in about two weeks which says sorry we are too flat out to bother looking at your problem so goto the forum or wait another two weeks

p.s, yes gog servers are having issues which is of course what you have to expect when they are placed under these loads
I'm aware of delays.
But I don't know what to advice for someone to get FAST support.
The "support" is uber slow now.
Meanwhile GOG staff doesn't frequent forum (basically AT ALL unless there is a need to put out forum fire absolutely exquisidely NOW) so they will just NOT SEE that person's post.

I can now only advice this:
CristianoCardoso: ( description of issues )
Contact someone from GOG staff directly (just find some GOG staff profile and DM them about your issue).
low rated
I can't imagine using offline installers for a brand new game this large and with surely many large patches to come. The time for a handy DRM free offline installer backup is a year or more down the road, when it's one big bundled game of the year edition.
StingingVelvet: I can't imagine using offline installers for a brand new game this large and with surely many large patches to come. The time for a handy DRM free offline installer backup is a year or more down the road, when it's one big bundled game of the year edition.
They did offline installers for Witcher 3 five years ago. And patches. And the free DLC programme.

Yes, updating through a client is more convenient, that's - for me - the point of using it. At the same time, if I didn't use it now, I wouldn't start for one single game.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: So again, those who don't wish to use the "mandatory" client are second class citizens, perhaps the next banner could be FCKOffline Users. Refund requested, and will not be supporting GOG or CDPR again in the future.
TerriblePurpose: Wait until the offline installer users find the DRM in the game as well:

Is MY REWARDS also available on the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 — which can be downloaded via GOG and installed separately from GOG GALAXY?

Because MY REWARDS requires an internet connection, the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you can download via GOG will not support MY REWARDS.

This should be fun.
All because the "MY REWARDS" is an incentive for someone to use GOG Galaxy? That's not DRM, no one if forcing you to use GOG Galaxy. And Offline Installers will be made available on the 10th when the game actually releases, you're going to get all butthurt over some cosmetic stuff that doesn't even affect the gameplay itself. God this is the reason people think gamers, especially PC gamers are petty as hell.

If it was TRUE DRM, the game wouldn't even work with an offline installer, and you would have an activation limit, AND you wouldn't be able to even play the game legitimately outside of GOG Galaxy. Like a lot of AAA Games on Steam, Epic, Windows Store, Origin. But that's not the case here. You only miss out on some cosmetic stuff and a "Digital Comic".

Get real, and learn what true DRM actually is.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by michealm1979
low rated
toxicTom: They did offline installers for Witcher 3 five years ago. And patches. And the free DLC programme.
I'm obviously not saying they shouldn't provide the offline installers, since they have always promised to. Just that I wouldn't use them on a game like this around launch, personally. The Galaxy requirement for some promo items is pretty silly, but doesn't really effect me for this reason (also I won't be using them anyway).

Like I said in another thread, since Galaxy doesn't use DRM I'm guessing the promo items won't require it in the future, it'll just be a file you can backup or whatever.
GOG, the "DRM free" alternative betrays the trust of its customers? 2020 continues to be the year of betrayal... Seriously the only good thing to come out of this year is DOOM Eternal. And Bethesda even tried to screw that up! I may change my name to the jaded gamer at this point.
I just got my game code for Cyberpunk 2077 PC version, but I can't redeem it on GOG for some reason. It says the code is invalid. Does this mean I need to redeem it on Dec 10th?
Tanr20: I just got my game code for Cyberpunk 2077 PC version, but I can't redeem it on GOG for some reason. It says the code is invalid. Does this mean I need to redeem it on Dec 10th?
Where did you get the code? Are you sure it's legal? Are you sure it's a GOG code?
Tanr20: I just got my game code for Cyberpunk 2077 PC version, but I can't redeem it on GOG for some reason. It says the code is invalid. Does this mean I need to redeem it on Dec 10th?
1.Make absolutely sure that it's a GOG code.
2.Contact seller site support.
3.Contact GOG support.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: So again, those who don't wish to use the "mandatory" client are second class citizens, perhaps the next banner could be FCKOffline Users. Refund requested, and will not be supporting GOG or CDPR again in the future.
So how would a preload work for an offline installer? Provide installer without the exe? That's just dumb and people would moan that they need to download yet another installer on release to patch the currently installed version. Just get the damn client and stop inventing problems.