It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Thanks for bearing with us in this thread. We’d like to announce that today we’ve introduced the addition of new installers, with implemented GOG Galaxy client.

Like Destro described it back in May, we decided to separate the „new" and „classic” installers, for your choice. So if you don’t care about the features like achievements or cloud-saves and don’t want to use GOG Galaxy, you can download the „Classic Game Installer", just like it was handled before. For games that have new installers, the default download view on „My account” will show the "GOG Galaxy Game Installers" - you will notice that, as it is visibly described in „My account” game view. To download the „classic” ones, just go to „Options" and choose „Classic Installers”.

The new GOG Galaxy Game Installers were added to +100 games - a selection of all games that make use of GOG Galaxy features. I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post.
Going forward, all new games that will use GOG Galaxy features, will now receive both GOG Galaxy Game Installer and Classic Game Installer.

Introduction of GOG Galaxy Game Installers doesn’t change anything in terms of keeping the Classic Game Installers up to date. As soon as we receive an update for any game, we will prepare an updated version of the classic installer, just like it was done in the past.

Edit: Pinned.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by fables22
apehater: so now we get the choice between adware infected shit and outdated installers (so called classic installers)!!!

i really hope that some us goger sue the shit out of cdproject for their shady customer treatment and betrayal!

GOG I WANT MY F*CKING MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT? The whole 39 cents?
Breja: Now just think for a moment, how much more convenient it would be for us, if we could be given the option to set what we want to be the default download. Anyone who doesn't want to use Galaxy shouldn't have to swith to the classic installers every single time, and anyone who uses the Galaxy download once, will not need to do so again, so if they are afterwards looking for downloads through their library it will be to back up the offline installers.
Then no one will accidentally install Galaxy and find out how awesome it is.

I like Galaxy. I use it for my games. But Christ is this a stupid way to do things as it is right now.
Breja: Still no response as to why we can't decide which installers to display as default. Still no response as to why information about the classic installers can't be displayed on the download page, even though doing so would cost GOG nothing. It's literally adding one sentence there. But no. No action, no response, nothing. This isn't about doing us a favor. It's GOG's damn obligation to keep all the customers well informed, not just the ones who visit this thread. And the days go by...

Seriously, how can this be interpreted by anyone as anything else than GOG intentionally wanting to hide the classic installers in order to push Galaxy?
Why wouldn't they. The Client is where it's at for them. You say that like catering to the majority of their audience is a bad thing.
Post edited July 12, 2017 by paladin181
Has gog.py (or the other fan-made backup services) been able to implement a way to *just* download Galaxy-free installers? Could it be implemented by looking for "_g" (or whatever the exact distinction is) at the end of filesnames? I have yet to use gog.py yet , but when I get a new external harddrive (hopefully soon-ish), the option would be nice.
tfishell: Has gog.py (or the other fan-made backup services) been able to implement a way to *just* download Galaxy-free installers? Could it be implemented by looking for "_g" (or whatever the exact distinction is) at the end of filesnames? I have yet to use gog.py yet , but when I get a new external harddrive (hopefully soon-ish), the option would be nice.
I didn't found an installer with galaxy downloaded with gogrepo yet.
But i bet GOG will change that soon.
apehater: so now we get the choice between adware infected shit and outdated installers (so called classic installers)!!!

[...]
What makes you say that the Galaxy-free installers are outdated? Don't think that's actually true, at least not currently.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: What makes you say that the Galaxy-free installers are outdated? Don't think that's actually true, at least not currently.
Might be a play with words.. as classic means old??? Or he is confused...
Post edited July 12, 2017 by Executer
fables22: Edit: Pinned.
Can you please consider adding an account's option which would enable us to switch which version of the installer we see by default, like suggested here :
mechmouse: Still say a simple flag on users accounts would have been better.
If set to true, default to classic installers.
New users get Installer+galaxy for simplicty, older users can choose to globally opt out and have galaxy free installers.
That would be very appreciated.

Executer: Might be a play with words.. as classic means old??? Or he is confused...
"Classic" means "without galaxy included" (if I've well understood).
Post edited July 12, 2017 by Splatsch
I wonder how this guy feels?
high rated
Just leaving my opinion here as well.

Even though I really like Galaxy and use it daily, I think GOG is stepping in the wrong direction by bundling it with the offline installers. If GOG really, really needs to do this in order to promote Galaxy, at least give the users the option to choose between installers with and without Galaxy as default option and make it clear at the download screen that they have the option to download it without Galaxy, as people suggested before.

Now, I won't say that this is the end and everything is lost. But what GOG is doing here does seem to me like one step towards making Galaxy obligatory some day and currently makes me doubt if it was a good choice to support GOG and prioritize my purchases here rather than Steam.

But, at the end of the day, I don't think GOG is stupid enough to abandon their DRM-free policy, because if they do, well, they'll become just another store front with games tied to their DRM client and that will be their certain death, because they won't do anything different than the other big guys already do and way better than GOG. I can speak for myself, so, if one day Galaxy becomes obligatory, I'll just take one minute of silence for my money spent here and will go back to Steam without a second thought.
tfishell: Has gog.py (or the other fan-made backup services) been able to implement a way to *just* download Galaxy-free installers? Could it be implemented by looking for "_g" (or whatever the exact distinction is) at the end of filesnames? I have yet to use gog.py yet , but when I get a new external harddrive (hopefully soon-ish), the option would be nice.
I didn't have to do anything for lgogdownloader to ignore installers with Galaxy because the API doesn't list those installers in the API response.
Although if this becomes a problem later on then a simple regex should fix it because lgogdownloader already supports blacklisting files using regex.
Also the API doesn't return any details about Galaxy bundled installers even when using the proper file id.
For example: "lgogdownloader --download-file divinity_original_sin_enhanced_edition/en1galaxy_installer0" returns 404 error because the API response is missing.

I took a quick glance at gogrepo.py code and it looks like it parses /account/gameDetails/{productid}.json for the download urls and more specifically for installers it looks at "downloads" node in the json. Galaxy bundled installers are stored in "galaxyDownloads" node so gogrepo shouldn't download the Galaxy installers.
Post edited July 12, 2017 by Sude
Sude: ...
Thanks for the info.
I'm not understanding this.

I'm looking over a bunch of games on my shelf and there's only one installer.

Since GOG killed the downloader, I've just been grabbing files through the browser.

How do I make sure I'm getting a clean installer without Galaxy?
yogsloth: How do I make sure I'm getting a clean installer without Galaxy?
If you are getting the blurb about the galaxy installer, click on more and select classic installers (or whatever it's called). If you don't get the blurb, the game most likely doesn't have a galaxy installer yet.
Alternatively, see the url for the download. The galaxy ones are en1galaxy_installer0 or similar while the classic ones are en1_installer0 or similar.
Yet another alternative is to check the filename of the file you are downloading. If it contains (g) then it's a galaxy installer, if it doesn't then it's not.
yogsloth: How do I make sure I'm getting a clean installer without Galaxy?
JMich: If you are getting the blurb about the galaxy installer, click on more and select classic installers (or whatever it's called). If you don't get the blurb, the game most likely doesn't have a galaxy installer yet.
Alternatively, see the url for the download. The galaxy ones are en1galaxy_installer0 or similar while the classic ones are en1_installer0 or similar.
Yet another alternative is to check the filename of the file you are downloading. If it contains (g) then it's a galaxy installer, if it doesn't then it's not.
Gee, it's almost as if he could have used that information about the classic installers being given on the download page as I suggested.
Breja, are you suggesting I should read the thread in which I am posting?

What am I, one of the proles?

Thanks JMich.

Unusual in that Pillars of Eternity, which should have Galaxy in there as noted by someone else above, doesn't seem to have it for me. No note one way or the other. Nothing on my shelf seems to have that Galaxy verbiage.