It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: ... it kinda looks like starting to congeal real wagons will move us into sundown, maybe? Moreso than time just passing ...
and

bler144: The vote count ... is (quite certain) a warning about us moving from Mid-Day to sundown phase. It totally fits with everything Drealmer has said about his distaste for our maj. lynch/hammer system in the past.
What I think is Drealmer is a bit of a bastard. Sometimes...
I expect we are on a timer, and recall comments game would be slow paced. Given the flavor we should have a month in character pass untill the full moon. Only 1.5 weeks went if I recall the exact number he wrote.
But will reread OP. Because I get a chill thinking of eternal D1... brrr...

bler144: I think cristi should probably be off the table for D1 as well, but as noted, don't just let her skate into end-game. She's very capable of just adapting and quietly fitting in to the flow, and then pulling off a convincing bluff or two to finish it off.
Wouldn't it be nice if someone was giving this kind of reads about the MU folk? Instead of, you know, coasting? >:)

[retypes all the above]
Don't you just love it when you ctr-c instead of ctrl-v in the middle of the replies? >:(

TammyTown: I was going to ask Brasas about his dislike of Yog's Stanari vote ...
I really dislike votes that are not explained. Could be because I'm more a Resistance player and noobish at Mafia.

But if Yog has a weakness, it's his individualism. So I'm not putting much weight on his vote. Consider I'm putting vote weight on Quadr's vote, and that is a huuuuge stretch anyways.

PS: Bler is the opposite, too willing to paint a huge target on his back. Though I guess he was mostly all in so early...

yogsloth: DragonSushi
yogsloth: ... Davos Seaworth.
Thanks!

TammyTown: ... I was Melisandre.
Welcome. I'm partial to fire myself. It's in the nick... :D

yogsloth: How do you penalize a guy lying dead in a ditch somewhere?
Transphobia!
Yeah yeah, shitty joke, I apologize in advance... well, in short succession... well, you know what I mean.

agentcarr16: I don't recall promising anything.
Emphasis on promising I assume. Such a words lawyer you.

Poast moar u lurker. You got me once, you won't get me twice. >:(
drealmer7: There is no auto-lynch when a majority has been achieved. LYNCH-ACHIEVED mechanics will become clear as the game unfolds and specific parameters are met.

... the length of play for Days very well may be longer than average (again, for here on GOG.) ... There is potentially a lot of content and developments to be revealed and things to be learned about the village and community if time permits.

... as things progress and the game evolves into whatever beast it decides to be, ...

I will throw the axe down if I have to!
emphasis mine

Some select quotes from our dear bastard. I see what Bler was getting at, no auto-lynch could be related to triggering the phases instead. But I still think he is, in his heart of hearts, a flavorful and eventful mod.

I wonder if he actually managed to setup a game where the "setup" depends on our communal roleplay and actions...
bler144: The vote count showing L-1 no lynch is (quite certain) a warning about us moving from Mid-Day to sundown phase. It totally fits with everything Drealmer has said about his distaste for our maj. lynch/hammer system in the past.

So yeah, as much as wyrm and others want to experiment, don't let us get to 9 no-lynch/non-votes until we've done a bit more. Keep your vote on someone, please.
Long, long day. Pulled the sat down on the couch and fell asleep routine. Thankful not really much to catch up with in this groggy state, but this was the one notable event.

I agree with your L-1 take and those who believe drealmer is telling us something. We need to have votes and I'll add mine before I go to bed. I don't like how voting for someone at this point completely contradicts the flavor given the flavor-heavy nature of the game - but l'll get past it. Perhaps we're suppose to all vote no-lynch. Not gonna do it. If that is what is in play, it feels too manipulative.

Drealmer's mentioned multiple times that D1 should be long, up to 2 weeks or more. Not sure how/if that plays into all of this.
drealmer7: There is no auto-lynch when a majority has been achieved. LYNCH-ACHIEVED mechanics will become clear as the game unfolds and specific parameters are met.

... the length of play for Days very well may be longer than average (again, for here on GOG.) ... There is potentially a lot of content and developments to be revealed and things to be learned about the village and community if time permits.

... as things progress and the game evolves into whatever beast it decides to be, ...

I will throw the axe down if I have to!
Brasas: emphasis mine

Some select quotes from our dear bastard. I see what Bler was getting at, no auto-lynch could be related to triggering the phases instead. But I still think he is, in his heart of hearts, a flavorful and eventful mod.

I wonder if he actually managed to setup a game where the "setup" depends on our communal roleplay and actions...
I am slightly worried by this equivalence of "not yet ready to place a vote" and "voting no-lynch" - doesn't seem quite right given that it would technically mean no-lynch is always in a majority, but then this doesn't seem to be going for normal voting mechanics in any case, given the lack of the auto-lynch.

I'll admit, my vote's now mainly in place so I don't trigger any game progression by accident - given my usual rate of posting I don't want to turn up again later to see a whole lot of "OH GOD WHAT DID YOU DO?" messages or the like. :P
QuadrAlien: snip
heh
(just a short notice: it's weekend and this weekend I don't have much time. So I won't be able to read now and therefore also not be able to contribute anything meaningful at the moment. Perhaps tomorrow.)
docbear1975: Unvote lxamyakxim (Emma Hess)

The mods will deal with him, and it really makes no sense to leave my vote on him. (Plus, it's probably bad form to lynch the person who hasn't shown up).

Vote QuadrAlien (William O'Brian)
Why? Why Quad versus the other players you suspect?
Notice.

Today I am traveling to Lithuania, it's going to be 24h ride and no connections during that time. For nearly all week I will only have phone to post here. That means you can expect short posts, no jokes, something worthwhile. And then there will be another 24h ride to come back home to Denmark. But I will notice you about that.

For what it's worth, I don't see any strong suspects. Tammy asked about newcomers. @Tammy: my very first forum mafia game I was scum and played rather good as I was told. Bow there are five newcomers. And all five of you are rather good at mafia games I pressume. One/some of you having had drawn any mafia role is unlikely. And as I see no one striing me "scum!", I choose to start poking you.

What seemed strange, Tammy, you asking why I don't suspect you personaly out of all. Answer: there was nothing worthwhile from you to even start making any ideas. Same with mr. Sushi.

Unvote: SirCrimsonFox

Stanari looks more shady. Fox is fun, fox is cahoots, while Stanari seems holding many things close to the chest. Not saying we should all be open books, but asking questions without giving some sort of feedback doesn't really make me comfortable around you. Waiting to share with your buddies?

Vote: Stanari

This is my valid vote given rl circumstances.
Lifthrasil: Also: BOOKWYRM, you still didn't reply to my question for clarification: your statement that you are mason, was just a statement about the profession of your character, right? It's a bit mis-understandable, since there is also the role 'Mason'. Please tell me that wasn't what you meant and you didn't just make a claim on Day 1 without reason! )
Bookwyrm627: Whoops. Sorry about that. I wanted to inform people that there is a Mason in the game.
Not sure I agree with this decision to reveal, but I'll buy it. I thought your first posts were a troll to see who would bite. My guess is that your claim will sort itself one way or another in the coming Days.

bler144: For now, I think he didn't confirm/deny he is a Mason; I'm definitely not confirming/denying I am or that I know he is/isn't.
(emphais added)

How do you come to that conclusion given the above (#357) and the discussion that follows between Lift and Bookwyrn? (#359 and #361)
EBWOP

- not "Bow", but Now
- "...is not unlikely..."
- "...no one striking..."

Typing mistakes
Dessimu: If it's metal - I can make anything of it. ...
Brasas: Thanks. I'll ask around if anyone has any silver we can use.

[well, does anyone?]
Good thought, with all the werewolf talk, I'm surprised no one mention it before now. Anyone have blacksmith type skills?
Brasas: Thanks. I'll ask around if anyone has any silver we can use.

[well, does anyone?]
cristigale: Good thought, with all the werewolf talk, I'm surprised no one mention it before now. Anyone have blacksmith type skills?
If you look at the top of your post 432 Brasas had replied to Dessimu. In Dessimu's quote he said if it's metal he can make anything with it, Dessimu is our blacksmith.

I think we should have named this game "yogstock" aka "Woodstock" as much attention and focus he is getting....
I so need to go to bed, but the sleepies have passed for now.

Watching the MU games, I've changed my mind on sharing town reads and list. Was not a big fan before.

I like what I've seen from bler, brasas, nacho, and tammy's recent posts. Bookwyrm is also likely town, his maverick style is more risky than mine.

Dessimu, docbear and to a lesser extent trent - neutral

DragonSushi - not enough info

SirCrismsonFox - started to share thoughts then recent silence - would like to hear more

Yogs - bler's assessment seems accurate

Which leaves my current considerations - Quad, Stanari, lift, agent

Quad - would not have been suspicious of him on my own, when pointed out, the vote on doc does seem out of the blue, not sure if that is enough for a vote, would be last choice of the four

Stanari - hoping to hear more, the actively lurking description seems to fit, I'm not discounting that yogs/Stanari could both be town, but still think it's possible one might be scum

Lift - still waffling on this one, the question about his RP in the island game increases my suspicion but need to check if memory serves me correctly

agent - a post from Tammy caught my attention
TammyTown: Erm oh yeah quote-stripe posts are difficult for me to get a read on a player with but Agent's??? quote stripes seem inconsequential. Like he's commenting on stuff for the purpose of showing that he's commenting on things, but nothing of it matters.
This description so reminded me of how agent played in the last game. Early lurking coupled with this type of post. To be fair, I can't remember what agent's town game looks like. I will check this later. If it's consistent, I'll change my vote. But for right now, this one more than the others, felt like it pinged me.

Vote agentcarr

Gotta get some sleep now or I'm going to get my days/nights mixed up.

Refresh...
cristigale: Good thought, with all the werewolf talk, I'm surprised no one mention it before now. Anyone have blacksmith type skills?
trentonlf: If you look at the top of your post 432 Brasas had replied to Dessimu. In Dessimu's quote he said if it's metal he can make anything with it, Dessimu is our blacksmith.
Lol, missed it, yep, time for bed.
Quick check-in while the kid watches cartoons (Spot!)

bler144: For now, I think he didn't confirm/deny he is a Mason; I'm definitely not confirming/denying I am or that I know he is/isn't.
cristigale: (emphais added)

How do you come to that conclusion given the above (#357) and the discussion that follows between Lift and Bookwyrn? (#359 and #361)
Because of 361. Whether or not he was convincing, and whether or not I agree with the claim/gambit in the first place, it seemed pretty clear to me he was at least trying to introduce ambiguity on the issue.

Went back and looked at the mafia wiki on masons. Notable there's a special comment specifically about masons and werewolves?

Also went back and looked at Lift's RP in the fortune game. Here he seems more verbose, maybe even relaxed? Hard to say if that's alignment indicative, though. That game was during the span where he just didn't have much time to play, IIRC. It immediately preceded the academy game where we ran him (town) over cristi/HSL largely because of the lurking.

FWIW, I am really wanting to go back and look at the game where someone else was absent for an extended period - just can't remember who or moreso which game. Anyone know?
No mouse so can't just cut and paste the text atm, but here's the wiki link.

Short version: "Mods may introduce werewolves into masonries without bastardry"

Off for a while.