It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yogsloth, why do you think that "we're on the right track"? Seems like an odd comment to make when all we're doing is posting like half of the SMTs and floundering (your words, not mine).

Nachomamma8: I enter. etc. etc. etc.
yogsloth: I feel like I've read this general idea before from somewhere...
I'm sure this couldn't possibly be the case.

Bookwyrm627: 1) Were any secret passages created in the Main Hall during/after construction?

2) No need to straight up lynch one of us. Simply lock the least trusted person outside with a weapon(s), and wait to see if wolves kill him. If no wolves show up at all, we're probably good, and (s)he survives the night. If wolves show up and kill him, we know we've got a wolf problem, and we can go count the number of wolves. If wolves show up and don't kill him, we can lynch him in the morning for being a werewolf.

And if something not-wolves shows up, then swap "wolves" with whatever showed up.
2) Seems smarter to leave a cow outside than a person, kicking someone out of the Community Home in the hopes that they eaten by wolves is... brutal? Terrifying?

Signed,

"Perky Fergie" Ferguson, the one who always needs a bump.
Nachomamma8: I'm not really sure why he would do it as town, but him being scum and charlie browning the serious stage of the game away would exactly be surprising.
A bit of an inside joke, even if I'm the only one laughing!

bler believes I'm Scum. Literally. Every. Game.

Khal Drogo a guy one time (or in this case, pass of as the Station Cook when you're in fact a body-snatching carnivorous alien) and all of a sudden he's "bothered" by every little thing. Every. Little. Thing.

So I mentally turn him into a trombone and all is well. :)
Nachomamma8: I'm not really a fan of Yogsloth's opening; pushing for the lurker lynch so early seems unlike him,
yogsloth: trololololololo

So anyway - I do believe we're on to something with using flavor to defend the Town.

I'm in favor of pooling information now to see what we have to work with.

Trent, hope you're ready! :)

I'm in charge of my dipshit brother's dogs, of which he has many. I'm staying at his crib while he's hiding in Nashua. He also has several stills on his property out in the woods. I haven't looked in them yet, but I would assume he's not making mineral water.

Not sure that's as useful as other roles, but I suspect drealmer wants us to to play this like Sang-Froid (and I suspect that game may have inspired this one in quite a significant way) and literally come to some idea on defending the Town.

Wyrm, use your own judgement, but you might want to strongly consider explaining the event.
This post in particular seems to pretty strongly draw from the idea that Bookwyrm's "event" is evidence that we should play this game like whatever the potato else you just referenced (link)?

Does the idea that Bookwyrm's "event" was additional flavor (as I understand it, but I'm being a bastard and doing that assuming thing again) throw a wrench in that vibe at all?

Your approach to bler makes more sense with that explanation.
Nachomamma8: Bler, what are your thoughts on Lift's opening?
He used "unquiet" twice, so I think we need to get him a thesaurus.

Considered just posting that. ;)

I actually had just skimmed it on first pass since it looked like flavor, and the game I got too hung up on flavor as town I totally got burned and cost town the game. Come on people, the orc shaman assistant to the demon overlord vigilante makes total sense!

I do think it's interesting he is quick to establish that he was a late arrival to the scene. Town honestly sharing his PM info in RP mode? Mafia/wolf justifying his absence in case it happened to come up at a later time?

IDK. The thing that makes me skeptical about the latter is that if the flavor were to note who was on scene and who was a late arrival that would be a bit gamebreaking, wouldn't it?

Unless of course there's a twist and it wasn't wolves at all.

It didn't occur to me to mention the flavor/RP of my location (recognized Wilma's screams and was one of the "first few" to arrive, for the record), but then I'm not inclined to RP either.

Skimmed most of the rest of that page, and if someone else was quick to point out where they were and what they were doing, I'm missing it.

So...on closer examination...notable.
Nachomamma8: Yogsloth, why do you think that "we're on the right track"? Seems like an odd comment to make when all we're doing is posting like half of the SMTs and floundering (your words, not mine).
Because I do think it is highly likely that we're going to have additional stuff to due on top of the usual lynching/night actions. I have no clue what - I certainly don't have any inside info on this point - but I just think the way drealmer has been talking about this game in the last few months there is not only going to be a lot to read, but that the text will provide us some kind of clues that affect the game in some way.

Think to me "standing watch" in GoT. Nobody really knew what that meant, just that it would do something. (btw, I'm still proud I got to send in a night action of "fuckaroo trigonometry" and have the mod know exactly what I intended.) Wyrm says he got an additional burst of flavor about something. I just think it will be more than pure fluff - it will affect the game somehow - I just don't know how yet.
Ok, I'm preparing for bed now. Will still check, but please no long form dissertations?

Nachomamma8: Sure, it makes sense to no lynch for roleplay reasons but Brasas wasn't roleplaying unless there was some really sneaky roleplaying going on somewhere that I didn't catch, so excusing his push for a no lynch because it makes sense for roleplayers is ???.
Heh...

bler144: Or am I missing something, here?
You're missing my PPS for one... but really Bler don't strawman me please. You are insisting that I know or knew Drealmer has No Lynch in mind... why? What I said was a smokescreen, a half truth, a hedged bet. You know?

If the Resistance game was not obvious enough, I find subterfuge while "speaking" can be great scumhunting. And the votes are what always gives the lie or the truth to one's alignment.

Nachomamma8: I wanted to ask you why, if you were digging with reactions with the No Lynch thing, you soft-balled it as much as you did; ... snip
This is going to be all sorts of meta. But I can't help it. My very first game I read from a slip the scum team halfway, only to be distrusted by almost all the town.

My second game I was sure (figuratively sure) we were mislynching but also that defending Drealmer would just get me mislynched instead.

Basically, I find my leadership style is counterproductive... feedback welcome after the game I guess...

And more in game, I remember thinking Trent killed the fishing (not saying he did it on purpose), and enough time had passed. Since I was not really leaning to vote No Lynch I backtracked. Duh.
Nachomamma8: This post in particular seems to pretty strongly draw from the idea that Bookwyrm's "event" is evidence that we should play this game like whatever the potato else you just referenced (link)?
Sang-Froid is a game available here on GOG. Check it out and you'll see why I reference it.
docbear1975: These are dark times, and we must band together.
That almost sounds like a massive marriage proposal. I know we live in a secluded village, but we are not crazy, are we?

Speaking of flavor and the village - am I the only one heavily reminded of Amish people here? It those barns... We build them so fast.

Dessimu: "girl-animals-hang people"
yogsloth: Yeah, it does seem slightly off, eh? lol
Before now I hadn't read everything. I see a number of people also found girl-villagers situation peculiar. Being how it is now, I just agree with you that more flavor would be fascinating.

trentonlf: On a side note, my character is one of the oldest people in the village.
And I already thought I am alone of such people who left here. Will share about myself further below.

bler144: Well, they're certainly rouge now with all that blood in their fur.
Gives me an idea. If werewolves would be present, their clothes/skin as of humans should also have blood on! Everyone get naked! **censorship and maple leaves applied**

Lifthrasil: By the way. Do we have anything suitable for a prison?
We don't even have any handcuffs in here. Though we could bind people to goats and mules. We have those, right? They don't move, right?

bler144: Pragmatic question:

With Drealmer modding, who is going to hypothesize at great lengths about the possible set-ups in play?
With Drealmer modding, we all are going to hypothesize at great lengths about the possible set-ups in play. And I did not copy-pasted that.

yogsloth: Would you like a Tic Tac?
Just please don't offer any stagnant water with that.

bler144: Dess can be lucid and focused or I might literally have zero idea what he’s talking about for an entire day.
Sometimes I too have no idea whatsoever of what I am talking about. Then I just feel stupid, but I am smart, so I don't tell anyone how I feel. Not sure if my logic works as intended though.

agentcarr16: I was one of the founders, but I apparently don't do anything...
Another founder! Nice.

Nachomamma8: I enter.
I love it how terrifying you made yourself sound. Also, reading "I grow your potatoes" in evil voice makes it sound just too funny.

Bookwyrm627: Can I get a couple of volunteers to inspect the Main Lodge with me? Lets seal that puppy up and plan to hole up there each night. We'll settle the animals in their pens or whatever as best we can, maybe we can barricade them in a couple of houses, and hope for the best. No offense, Sean, but better them than us. Maybe Eric's dogs can help guard them?
I think I can help. I ain't a carpenter, but I know my way around the forge.

cristigale: Conveniently, there was a full moon the night before the killing.
That. That is the very first werewolves-assumption reinforcing flavor detail (combined with appearance of wolves) in all 213 posts as of that post (excluding anything drealmer wrote himself). And that is a lot of posts. So either cristi has a sharp eye, or she had info/idea beforehand, or we all need to read more deeply into the flavor.

I will admit, I only managed to catch up till this post reading everything. Rest I just quickly passed through now for I am tired.

*refresh*

Brasas: Nathan (Dess) is an alcoholic?
Fortunately, no.

Yeah, so lets get properly "re-acquainted" (we do know one another for quite a while already and in fact, I am supposed to know you all). I am Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith. Most importantly I guess - I am one of the founders of our village. Came here 19 years ago from Portland where I got sick of politics. Been working in some factory, leading steady, kind of mundane life. City slowly turned into all about organizations, government, leaving less and less space to breath. And an opportunity appeared - a proposal to start fresh outside the city. Proud to my name, I worked in the forge since, providing our town with tools, hunting weapons, some building materials and fixing things from time to time that require fixing. Anything in my power to help the village. Occasionally I would go on the hunt with men to bring food.

Because of me being one of the founders, I know these parts well and I also know that wolves haven't been seen here for about 11 years until now. By constantly hunting in the woods, we managed to drive them away but apparently, something has happened recently that made them come back without fear.

Like so many others of us, I love this place. I swore to maintain and protect the village back in the days already and I am sure not backing out from that promise now.

For what it's worth, even now game still looks like a huge RVS still going on. No one striking hardly as scum, lots of joking around. Only issue being lxamyakxim not showing up, thus highly likely getting lynched for that. It is interesting for me personally to see Bler play again - he and yogs somehow go well together. I would probably expect more role playing from yogsloth, but in my head this wish goes with the thought "I loved him role playing my sister in that game, where we were all trapped in grandpa's manor". I mean, yogsloth was insanely awesome in there, so now my expectations a high for ages to come. New players are new, at least to me. Strong, interesting. I don't know... Either lets wait for drealmer to shower us in flavor or demands, lets lynch most absent player or just everyone should go with his/her gut and place individual votes on whoever they see fit.

No refresh. Goodnight
Dessimu: I think I can help. I ain't a carpenter, but I know my way around the forge.
The village smith. Excellent. Literally the village Smith.

Dessimu: Because of me being one of the founders, I know these parts well and I also know that wolves haven't been seen here for about 11 years until now. By constantly hunting in the woods, we managed to drive them away but apparently, something has happened recently that made them come back without fear.
I am also a founder, but I know nothing of wolves.
yogsloth: bler believes I'm Scum. Literally. Every. Game.

So I mentally turn him into a trombone and all is well. :)
Nachomamma8: snip
That...actually makes sense.

To be fair, you literally do roll mafia like 80% of the time, somehow. And probably best not to explain the Station Cook thing. Jerk. ;) Let's just say he's earned my distrust.

But hey, I'm actually trying to work with you here and be open-minded. Since, you know, just statistically speaking there's like a 20% chance you are town. We could finally be on the same side! Don't give up on the dream, Yogsloth!

I also had you leaning town for most of the champs game, whether or not I would have voted you instinctively if we were both alive in F5. :)
You are a founder, but your special ability is watching your brother's dogs?
Eric Barton = worst character ever.
yogsloth: I am also a founder, but I know nothing of wolves.
I was told about us hunting deer, rabbits other animals. The detail about wolves was that they were present when we started establishing the village but we slowly drove them away. For 11 years the woods around the village were pretty much safe.

I don't know how much importance is put into flavor, but it might be possible that if we combine at least some parts of our knowledge, we might get somewhere.
Nachomamma8: You are a founder, but your special ability is watching your brother's dogs?
Eric Barton = worst character ever.
I'm also absolutely top-shelf with chickens.

Chickens.

They love me.
Bookwyrm627: Lets lynch the mod, and see what happens. At the absolute worst, No Lynch occurs and we don't lynch someone when we have no flavor reason to do so.
What are your thoughts on other players? I don't mind the flavor stuff and the lynching lurkers stuff even though I disagree with both (I know that there's no way I'll change your mind, so here we are), but I also know that there are game-related things that have to had stood out to you so far or you haven't been reading as closely as you should.

QuadrAlien: (I admit I have a slightly troubling feeling I should check the Shodan game, though - I know I was thinking I saw every single scumread from one town player...)
Could you elaborate on this though? What do you mean by "I saw every single scumread from one town player"?

Nachomamma8: I am so completely lost.
trentonlf: You mean one of your advantages is not a map?
I have plenty of maps, just not one specifically for "Crazytown"; every time a cartographer attempts to draw one, an eldritch horror comes out of a black hole and devours them, so I just gave up after a while.

Bump me, I have 2 more posts I want to make and it feels really weird artificially mashing posts together.
bump