It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sir.Braka: well,if it happends the way you describe then ,no but apparentrly this wasnt how i Went in evele 's case.

what he described is a typical DRM : movement.Digital Rights Management also called Digital Restrictions Management, and probaly what happend him.
eleve: It seems that new bundles have a gift button to the right of the Steam key. Old ones didn't and the Humble support page tells me that I am only allowed to pass on the entire bundle in that case...otoh, these "old" bundles (the one I am looking at as a test case is HumbleBundle 7 from 2012 or thereabouts) are not automatically redeemed and I am given a Steam key to then add each game manually.
Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?
very legal! you bought them,you own them,who activates them has nothing to do with it! simply put if you buy a sweater,you dont have to wear it! its about two different kind of DRM the ones i stated above. the later one is just a way to block you from give/pass it on further to someone else.
Post edited November 28, 2014 by Sir.Braka
eleve: Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?
It has been asked and discused. Although you don't explicitely get the right to pass the keys in the Terms of Use, HB seems ok with it.
eleve: Soooo...it would be possible to just pass on the Steam keys but is that legal at all? Or just a grey zone that could be used?
madth3: It has been asked and discused. Although you don't explicitely get the right to pass the keys in the Terms of Use, HB seems ok with it.
and where does it say that? term of use of digital content is the same all over the planet. this is how ppl have been able to trade cd,dvd games etc, a second hand market. its how it started in the first place. this is also why you can for example activate old games from box.you own it.

edit: this is why it all is so controversial, "they" are trying to suck out every blooddrip,and thats why DRM:free is the best, and gog is the best :P
Sir.Braka: and where does it say that? term of use of digital content is the same all over the planet.
Actually, no its not.

Sir.Braka: this is how ppl have been able to trade cd,dvd games etc, a second hand market.
See the first part I quoted - thats certainly correct in law in the UK at least, but in few other countries.

Sir.Braka: its how it started in the first place.
EH?

Sir.Braka: this is also why you can for example activate old games from box.you own it.
That would be a physical copy - governed by entirely different laws in most of the world. Broadly a seconhand copy means its used. Not just passed hands already, otherwise any company you bought anything off would be selling secondhand goods now, wouldnt it!
Sir.Braka: and where does it say that? term of use of digital content is the same all over the planet
As Sachys points out, that's not true at all.

Also. comparing physical objects to digital content is wrong as the current laws are quite different for both, particularly when it comes to the concept of "ownership".
Sir.Braka: and where does it say that? term of use of digital content is the same all over the planet
madth3: As Sachys points out, that's not true at all.

Also. comparing physical objects to digital content is wrong as the current laws are quite different for both, particularly when it comes to the concept of "ownership".
physical objects ? theyre both digtial content ,first one in a box of paper the other one in a computer,but they both digital.,and goes under the same terms of use. yes there are different types of licenses. but the basic is the same.and this is why all this uppsets ppl all over planet, lawyyers from big Companys out now as we write:P is handlning these matters all day long.simply put, if you buy a code you own it can give it to anyone you like,you are giving up your license and giving it to someone else. this it what happends all day long for example in these forums.its not illegal, now what happend to eleve wa that they did the second drm movemnt,restriced that way its blocked you dont even have a cd key.they actiavet. then he had keys from another buy and he wondered if he could give them to someonelse.

Sir.Braka: and where does it say that? term of use of digital content is the same all over the planet.
Sachys: Actually, no its not.

Sir.Braka: this is how ppl have been able to trade cd,dvd games etc, a second hand market.
Sachys: See the first part I quoted - thats certainly correct in law in the UK at least, but in few other countries.

Sachys: EH?

Sir.Braka: this is also why you can for example activate old games from box.you own it.
Sachys: That would be a physical copy - governed by entirely different laws in most of the world. Broadly a seconhand copy means its used. Not just passed hands already, otherwise any company you bought anything off would be selling secondhand goods now, wouldnt it!
EH?

?ppl started trade/give psycical boxes with digital content in it thats how secondhand game market was born.
Sir.Braka: physical objects ? theyre both digtial content ,first one in a box of paper the other one in a computer,but they both digital.,and goes under the same terms of use.
You might think they should be governed by the same laws but that doesn't make it true. Terms of use are different from store to store and from country to country.

Anyway, not wasting more time on this.
Sir.Braka: physical objects ? theyre both digtial content ,first one in a box of paper the other one in a computer,but they both digital.,and goes under the same terms of use.
madth3: You might think they should be governed by the same laws but that doesn't make it true. Terms of use are different from store to store and from country to country.

Anyway, not wasting more time on this.
Same. The guy has just batted back my own point with a different (and non-existent) context).
Numpty.

Shall we go make a mess of foxworks lawn?! ;)
Sachys: Shall we go make a mess of foxworks lawn?! ;)
Isn't it were you buried Licurg last time?
Sachys: Shall we go make a mess of foxworks lawn?! ;)
madth3: Isn't it were you buried Licurg last time?
Nah, that was mondo
high rated
Sachys: Nah, that was mondo
So that's what happened to mondo...
Sachys: Nah, that was mondo
HypersomniacLive: So that's what happened to mondo...
hell, they're quite happy swinging their poo-tassles in a 9x5 bunker awaiting the arrival of the great old ones and living on tinned beans... although...

...I may not have left enough air filters down there for them... O_____o&
high rated
Sachys: hell, they're quite happy swinging their poo-tassles in a 9x5 bunker awaiting the arrival of the great old ones and living on tinned beans... although...

Why doesn't it surprise me?
Sachys: hell, they're quite happy swinging their poo-tassles in a 9x5 bunker awaiting the arrival of the great old ones and living on tinned beans... although...

HypersomniacLive: Why doesn't it surprise me?
because my income is bloody low!?
Happy Turkey Day and try not to get trampled when you guys rush to the stores for Black Friday.
Post edited November 28, 2014 by Ki11s0n3