It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking forward to downloading the beta client tongiht, I'm finding it hard to contain my excitement.
Lest I forget, here's a live stream for everyone's viewing pleasure:
http://www.twitch.tv/theadrain
Edit: it's over for the time being.

Edit 2:
Here's a new one.
http://www.twitch.tv/zanaxal
Post edited December 12, 2013 by Phaidox
:D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13363314/wl2.jpg
Instant purchase! :)
Saw the email at about 815 this morning but didnt have time to turn the main pc on and start the dl. Will have to do it when i get home in like 8 hours (1800) with my bb speeds ill be lucky to play it tonight.
Back at home from work and ready to download. Let's see how fast my shit slow 7mbps handles the 4.0GB dl. Took leave tomorrow hah.
Just be aware that the beta is quite unoptimized, so if you put all settings to max including 8xAA then you'll get slowdowns down to 20-30 fps, especially when you zoom the camera right out.
How's the first impressions? Will be able to start downloading only in several hours...
Anyone else think the graphics arent really very sharp even on fantastic?
You can't expect good 3D graphics from an indie game
nijuu: Anyone else think the graphics arent really very sharp even on fantastic?
Did you disable DOF and stuff? We aren't allowed to use big texture files for the crowdsourced 3D models and I assume that's the same case for the main inXile assets. I suspect the game size will more than double if big files were used, hence there'll be blurriness here and there. If it's not that, I guess it's an issue with the Unity engine, I always noticed models getting blurry importing into Unity as compared to my renderer.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by cw8
BananaJane: You can't expect good 3D graphics from an indie game
just saying what I notice .similar sort of graininess when screenshots came out a while back. would have thought indies from well established studios in general would be a step up from indie indies?
nijuu: Anyone else think the graphics arent really very sharp even on fantastic?
cw8: Did you disable DOF and stuff? We aren't allowed to use big texture files for the crowdsourced 3D models and I assume that's the same case for the main inXile assets. I suspect the game size will more than double if big files were used, hence there'll be blurriness here and there. If it's not that, I guess it's an issue with the Unity engine, I always noticed models getting blurry importing into Unity as compared to my renderer.
I'll try that tomorrow. game feels a little sluggish as is UI. any idea of minimum specs?
Ui itself. .....some of the options are scaled a bit on small side.. loading between locations bit slow.audio dialogue general graphics look fine. any idea if chars will get any basic audio responses when selected
Post edited December 12, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: I'll try that tomorrow. game feels a little sluggish as is UI. any idea of minimum specs?
Let them get their optimisations in for the final game.
nijuu: I'll try that tomorrow. game feels a little sluggish as is UI. any idea of minimum specs?
cw8: Let them get their optimisations in for the final game.
fair enough its a beta.plenty of feedback ;)
I briefly played last night (30 minutes).

One thing I disliked was the inventory screen. Popped up in a small window, and if you click on another character's inventory instead of opening that one in the same window, it opened a window on top of that. I wish it had the inventory system like in BG. Full Screen, and easy to change between characters.

When you leave the Ranger camp you walk around in the map view until an encounter happens. The combat seemed a little tedious to me, but I'm not a fan of TBS for games like this.

Another thing that irked me, the shovel. If the character I selected to investigate the buried caches has the shovel it should prompt me to use the shovel, instead of me having to go into my inventory, select the shovel, and then point out where I want to have him dig.

My laptop had a hell of a time playing it. Everything seemed slow, but that was at my laptop 1600x900 default res at fastest. I will try to lower the res tonight and see how it goes.

Despite my gripes it seemed to be an enjoyable game, and I will love playing it.

Looks like I may have to build myself a desktop to enjoy this game with all the bells and whistles turned on. Noticed with some of the other games that are coming out, may require a desktop to.
I will try this on my HDTV this weekend to see how it looks on the big screen.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by jjsimp
Just submitted some feedback regarding the menu text sizes. Not sure if it's just me but some of the text look small and pretty faded into the background. What I submitted:
"Interface font sizes can get ridiculously small. In the Inventory screen where you right click on the item itself, a pop up menu appears with options. The choices are barely readable on my monitor at 1440x900 resolution. Make the text stand out more in the menus."
Journal text description is also straining to read.