It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
JudasIscariot: All I can say is keep an eye on this space :)
stg83: Will there be any enigmatic hints for upcoming LucasArts classics releases? ;)
The Enigmatic Hints will be full of everyone's conclusions regarding those games so I won't even need to make Enigmatic hints about those games...that and it would be way too easy to guess.

Imagine the Enigmatic Hint for Monkey Island *holds up a picture of a monkey*...it would be guessed within the first post :P
CAN'T WAIT FOR X-WING ALLIANCE. PLEASE LET IT BE SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON, SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing!! GOG always gets it right!! :D
JudasIscariot: Imagine the Enigmatic Hint for Monkey Island *holds up a picture of a monkey*...it would be guessed within the first post :P
Haha...yeah, you would have to put up a red herring instead of a logical hint to throw people from guessing all these really well known games. :)
It's fantastic to see Lucasfilm, but a shame considering the terms of service agreement required makes these games unpurchasable.

Quoted from http://disneytermsofuse.com/english/ on 28 Oct 2014:

From section 1:
--begin quote--
We may amend these terms. Any such amendment will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or our posting of the amendment on the Disney Services. If you do not agree to any change to these terms, you must discontinue using the Disney Services.
--end quote--

Adding a duty for the consumer to check their website for changes of something that's used offline and a "take it or leave it" approach as to accepting their imposed changes on our rights to keep using what we already bought is unacceptable.

Past that, section 6 includes a "Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver" section which is a bit too long to copy/paste here politely. It does explicitly forfeit the rights to jury trial or class action trial for us against them but specifically reserves the right for them to go after us however they want for IP rights issues. Not as bad as some of them, but still slimy. I mean, I hate feeding the lawyers and it'd be a bizarre and surprising circumstance to need it, but requiring giving up rights like this just seems like setting up for no remedy for later abuse. The common arrival of these sorts of terms actually marks my last use of Steam and is the reason I buy my games here instead of there.

I appreciate the additional games, but having them fall into the same category as EA and Square/Enix on this just makes them unpurchaseable for me as well (as of today my bookshelf contains 463 games, and would've been at least 467 before logging off tonight if not for those licensing terms).

I guess I'll just keep using my old disks instead of giving GOG more money (KotOR is already sitting on my desk right now, actually). Please remind your vendors that these things turn off potential buyers who would've gladly re-paid for old games they already own.
And tomorrow we will get another pack of 6 games... right?....what? too soon? :P

I hope the rest of the classic lucasarts games come soon.
tburger: I perfectly undestood that. My 'must haves' from today's releases are 6/6 :-) But also have bought 2 today (Sam & Max plus Indiana Jones)...other 4 will have to wait (but I have the feeling not very long) :-P
Oops, it appears that I'm the one that misunderstood your post. >//<

I had no doubt that yours would be a 6/6, and I'm sure that you were not surprised with the games I left out from mine. ;-)

And look at that - we bought the exact same games - funny coincidence, or great minds think alike?

budejovice: Which of those two are you playing first? I'm going to pop one of them on the MacBook Pro as soon as I get home, but as yet undecided on which one...
Kick some Nazi butts! ;-)

TheJadedOne: As I am not purchasing any Disney games, I can not say for sure. I would guess that the GOG installer simply includes a copy of the current Disney EULA verbiage and points to http://disneytermsofuse.com/english/ as the place where amended versions would appear. Perhaps someone who has purchased a Disney game can confirm.

Note that the game cards for Disney games on GOG all say:

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF USE REQUIRED TO PLAY

and it would seem stupid for GOG to be scaring customers away with such a draconian EULA if the installer has a nicer one.
Is the Disney ToS the reason you're not buying any of their games?

And from everything stated in their ToS that is applicable for purchases from GOG, can you please explain which terms you are worried about?
LordTherion: Well, I`m not into forum babble ;) So I play my over the years grown shelf of gog classics and am happy about it. Does avoiding forum make me a lurker from evil dark areas?
Yes, of course ;-)

Now really I know there are many people like you. Those people posting here is a sign something big is happening.
JudasIscariot: Imagine the Enigmatic Hint for Monkey Island *holds up a picture of a monkey*...it would be guessed within the first post :P
stg83: Haha...yeah, you would have to put up a red herring instead of a logical hint to throw people from guessing all these really well known games. :)
The Hints are supposed to be enigmatic and, therefore, should have a correct answer. Red herrings would just defeat the purpose :)
Just logged in to say W000000000000000000000000000000000000000H0000000000000000000000000000!!!

;)
JudasIscariot: The Hints are supposed to be enigmatic and, therefore, should have a correct answer. Red herrings would just defeat the purpose :)
Indeed, I hope we're in for some really wonderful surprises in the coming months like Sam and Max was for me and many others. :)
LordTherion: Well, I`m not into forum babble ;) So I play my over the years grown shelf of gog classics and am happy about it. Does avoiding forum make me a lurker from evil dark areas?
toxicTom: Yes, of course ;-)

Now really I know there are many people like you. Those people posting here is a sign something big is happening.
Well spoken and I fully agree with you. Let`s just hope the real gems are coming, not some second class stuff. But, I guess, that relies to one`s taste. And a shame that TIE only got the `94 and `98 versions. I mean, why &/%&%§$ did they omit the best version, the collector's CD from `95? :(
agogfan: I can't see Disney trying to enforce this.
From my original post: I am ignoring any arguments about how Disney can't enforce it or about how they wouldn't do that.

(Though I must say I really don't understand people who would enter into bad contracts thinking "oh, they'd never actually enforce it". Maybe such people should watch this - which funny enough I did not click all the way through right now because I did not wish to read the terms of use.)

agogfan: After all, they're known as the Magic Kingdom, not the Evil Empire.
Yeah, right. It's been a long time since Walt was running the show. They've been all about the money ever since. (They've been the leader in corrupting US copyright law.)

agogfan: Some lawyer just got a bit carried away...
If you believe that, have I got a bridge for you!
Post edited October 29, 2014 by TheJadedOne
TheJadedOne: [...]

Warning just for you (though probably applies to many others as well): Do not buy any Disney software on GOG without consulting a lawyer. It's clear you do not comprehend the document to which you would be agreeing.
The ToS also clearly states at the very beginning (emphasis mine):
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW IN YOUR USUAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE. IF THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THOSE RIGHTS AND THESE TERMS, YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW WILL PREVAIL.
Which is of course the obvious, as everyone knows that no ToS or EULA can overwrite laws.

I'd really like to understand where you're getting at with all this - are you a lawyer? And if so, what exactly is it that you're warning users here about?
This is such amazing news! The Lucasarts Star Wars games were my childhood - great gameplay and great storylines!

After years of struggling getting old Star Wars and Star Trek games to work on newer machines, this is exactly what I've dreamt of. (hint hint GOG at the Star Trek games by the way!!!)

I'm hoping they don't stop the flight sims at X-wing & Tie Fighter ... X-wing Alliance has to be on that list - it was amazing!!

It would be great if the ENTIRE Monkey Island series was available as well - it seems sacrilege to go from 1 & 2 straight to 5!

And titles like the Rebel Assault games, Force Commander, Rebellion/Supremacy, Shadows of the Emprie, Rogue Squadron ... they must be on that list - with episode VII now just over a year away it will make Star Wars gaming so much more accessible to the new generation.

Loving your work GOG!