It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam &amp; Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade; (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
<i>Star Wars</i>&reg;: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.
Been waiting for this day for a long time. Thank you guys!
TheJadedOne: Go ahead and show it to us then. Oh, right, you're just making shit up. No where in the terms of use does it say "DRM free" nor does it say it's "for life". (In fact, the only place the word "irrevocable" appears is when Disney claims the right to use stuff you create.) Your made up shit will have absolutely no bearing in a court of law (much less in arbitration).

And your claims about "100% legal" are also false (should you violate terms of use and continue using the software to which you no longer have a license).
I repeat: I bought a thing (game, license, whatever) legally, here on this site, with gog and disney blessing, in accordance with their contract and in accordance with the contract between me the customer and gog and in accordance with the current law(s).
Nobody can come and say I violated anything and take my thing (game, license, whatever) away.

And speaking of "violating" how the fukk can someone accuse me of "violating" a thing (game, license, whatever) if all i do/did is use that thing (game, license, whatever) the way it was intended, aka downloading/installing/playing it, in accordance with the contracts between disney-gog-customer? Thats right, there's no "violating" anything anywhere.

So I repeat, there's no need to be paranoid. They can't do jack shit to me with their so called "terms of use".
Post edited October 28, 2014 by mobutu
LordTherion: They mentioned other games. If "Rogue Squadron", "Rebellion" and "X-Wing Alliance" are part of them... my childhood is renewed.
"New User", "Joined May 2012", "Rep 1" - Even the GOG lurkers are leaving the secure darkness of their caves!

;-) No offense meant.
Tarhiel: I can already see people posting comments like:
"Please, GOG, release <insert you favourite not/yet/released Lucasarts game here> !"

Well, all I can say is mine is Outcast and right now I know it is just a question of time :)
So I will wait here patiently...
JudasIscariot: They already are :P
QUESTION!!!

Its says 20+ games? The 6 LucasArts games just released considered 6 of the 20+? So that leaves 14+ games left?
Elmofongo: Its says 20+ games? The 6 LucasArts games just released considered 6 of the 20+? So that leaves 14+ games left?
Probably yes, at least that is how I see it.
Just chillax. Disney knew what they were signing into with DRM free. They're taking a big step for their corporation, the least we can do is to not abuse their trust.

I highly doubt they're planning on cutting off everyone's license and going door to door to delete it from your computers.
JudasIscariot: They already are :P
Elmofongo: QUESTION!!!

Its says 20+ games? The 6 LucasArts games just released considered 6 of the 20+? So that leaves 14+ games left?
All I can say is keep an eye on this space :)
THANK YOU GOG!!!!!!! FINALLY X-WING , TIE FIGHTER AND LUCASARTS. AGAIN, THANK YOU GOG!!!!!!!!!!!
This is awesome! Didn't want to spend more money this month but I guess I have no choice. Good job gog.
LordTherion: They mentioned other games. If "Rogue Squadron", "Rebellion" and "X-Wing Alliance" are part of them... my childhood is renewed.
toxicTom: "New User", "Joined May 2012", "Rep 1" - Even the GOG lurkers are leaving the secure darkness of their caves!

;-) No offense meant.
Well, I`m not into forum babble ;) So I play my over the years grown shelf of gog classics and am happy about it. Does avoiding forum make me a lurker from evil dark areas?
JudasIscariot: All I can say is keep an eye on this space :)
Will there be any enigmatic hints for upcoming LucasArts classics releases? ;)
low rated
LinustheBold: And by the same token, Specht v. Netscape holds just the opposite.
No, it does not. Not even close. Read the page you linked: The court held that merely clicking on a download button does not show assent to license terms if those terms were not conspicuous and if it was not explicit to the consumer that clicking meant agreeing to the license.

The GOG installer makes it very explicit that you are agreeing to the EULA. (And the GOG game cards for the Disney games also make it clear that agreeing to a EULA is required.) And the "you agree" text in the installer links right to an included copy of the EULA. The entire basis upon which the Specht v. Netscape ruling was arrived at is absent from the case of Disney software on GOG.

This is pretty simple stuff. Was the customer given sufficient notice that they were entering into an agreement or not? If they were (and the court agrees), the licensing agreement will be upheld. If they were not (and the court agrees), then it will not be upheld.

LinustheBold: I read the TOS you linked to, and it seems pretty clear to me that it is intended to govern a commercial relationship based on use of web services over time.
It's pretty clear to me you don't know how to read -- at least legal documents. I quoted the exact part that indicated it covered Disney's coprighted (direct and indirect) holdings, not just web services. Let me quote it again, the complete sentence this time:

The Disney Services are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual property rights in the Disney Services are owned by us or our licensors or licensees.

In a legal document, the function of that sentence is to define the meaning of "Disney Services".

And riddle me this: If the Disney document I linked to is only "intended to govern a commercial relationship based on use of web services over time", then why the hell does GOG have this on every game card for Disney games:

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF USE REQUIRED TO PLAY

Here's another sentence from the Disney EULA that might give you a clue:

You may own the physical media on which elements of the Disney Services are delivered to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the Disney Services.

You could find that same exact sentence in tens of thousands of other EULA's, except it reads something like:

You may own the physical media on which the software is delivered to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the software.

It means the same thing (except "Disney Services", as defined in the document, is a much broader term than just "software").

Warning just for you (though probably applies to many others as well): Do not buy any Disney software on GOG without consulting a lawyer. It's clear you do not comprehend the document to which you would be agreeing.
high rated
mobutu: Whatever, I bought a drmfree "license" and that is for life
TheJadedOne: Go ahead and show it to us then. Oh, right, you're just making shit up. No where in the terms of use does it say "DRM free" nor does it say it's "for life". (In fact, the only place the word "irrevocable" appears is when Disney claims the right to use stuff you create.) Your made up shit will have absolutely no bearing in a court of law (much less in arbitration).

And your claims about "100% legal" are also false (should you violate terms of use and continue using the software to which you no longer have a license).

And while I agree there are changes which would almost certainly be thrown out ("user must donate both kidneys" comes to mind), there are also plenty of changes they might make that you would not like that could easily pass muster, especially when it's Disney's lawyers vs someone as "legally informed" as yourself.
You know, your first post was remotely interesting, and I didn't really agree with people down-voting it. But at this point you're just being annoying. What exactly are you hoping to achieve here?

For the record, this Disney EULA is hardly different from those by Square/Enix, EA, Ubisoft and so on. It's just standard EULA bullshit no one really cares about it -- especially on a site with DRM-free software, where it's near impossible for them to actually enforce any of it. In fact, that's why most of us prefer to buy their games here, so we don't have to worry about any potential future trouble with clients, verification servers and so on.

So yeah, stop spamming the release threads? Thank you.
askteam99: Can someone please tell me what is so great about these games? If anything I'm a little...Disappointed that this is the new publisher. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! My point being is these games don't really seem to appeal to me. But I hope you all have great times with these games! It surely is a great time to be on GOG indeed!
Kardwill: You're joking, right? ^^

Lucasart is simply the Mecca of old games, especialy adventure titles : The Indiana Jones games, Sam and Max, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Zak Mac Kraken... For a long time, LA was simply the leader of adventure games, and those games were GOOD!

Add to this the whole Star Wars franchise, including space sims (XWing/Tie Fighter games are true classics), FPS (the Dark forces / Jedi Knight series), RPGs (KotOR more or less defined what "modern" Bioware RPGs would be), strategy (Rebellion, battlegrounds)... Even if we only skim the older titles, the possibilities boggle the mind.

Oh, and Disney games have some pretty cool titles themselves, although those are often console games.

So yes, whatever the playstyle you like, you should find some quality old games for yourself in the mix.
It is BIG news, and something many GOG users have hoped for the longest time :)
I just wish I could be as happy as the rest of you. But for some reason with ALL the responds I have seen to my comment, It just doesn't get me excited about it. Sorry mate...Maybe I'll pick up one of those games some day. But for now...*Sigh* Back to Team Fortress 2 for me. Yes, I know Team Fortress 2 is a Steam game...What? Its almost Halloween and Team Fortress 2 is getting a big update. Now THAT I am excited about! But of course, we all have our own tastes.
Hooray GOG!

Here, nice little dog & rabbit, this is my virtual shelf, where you are most welcome to spend some time. Your friend purple tentacle is soon to follow, i presume =D