It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CharlesGrey: Why would any grown man ever want an 8 year old wife? Guy must have had a really tiny... umm, anyhow.
Klumpen0815: http://www.examiner.com/article/yemen-8-year-old-girl-dies-from-internal-injuries-on-wedding-night

An eight year old bride in Yemen died from internal injuries on her wedding night, bleeding to death after deep vaginal tearing caused by sex with her 40 year old husband.

The girl, identified only by the name Rawan, died in Hardh in the governorate of Hajjah in northwestern Yemen, according to a report issued by UPI on Sunday, Sept. 8.

Activists in the region want to put an end to the practice of marrying young girls, and have called for police to arrest the girl's husband and family. Nevertheless, the forced marriage of child brides in Yemen remains a socially accepted custom in many rural areas.

Indeed, the practice has deep cultural and religious roots, and is widespread in Yemen. A February 2009 law set the minimum age for marriage at 17, but it was repealed after some conservative lawmakers called it un-Islamic.

In particular, a prominent Islamic cleric, Abdulmajeed al-Zindani, issued a fatwa in support of the practice, declaring supporters of a ban on child brides to be apostates, and ultimately leading a successful campaign against legislation that would prevent adult men from marrying children.

The issue of Yemen's child bride problem made headlines three years ago when an 8-year-old girl went to court, demanding a judge dissolve her marriage to a man in his 30s. The girl eventually won a divorce, and legislators began looking at ways to curb the practice. However, they have so far been unsuccessful. Currently the law states that parents should decide when a daughter marries.

Unfortunately, reports indicate more than a quarter of Yemen’s females marry before age 15.
Klumpen0815:
Geez, bringing in real life facts like that, ruining the lulz. :(

What's most irritating about this, isn't the low age of those girls at marriage, but the fact that their "husbands" are so much older. I mean, 8 vs. 40 years old? Come on.

But it's interesting -- most modern day/western countries would call that pedophilia and get the man arrested, while for them it's apparently just business as usual. Amazing how much our culture, law systems and world views are still so different.
CharlesGrey: Geez, bringing in real life facts like that, ruining the lulz. :(
Sorry.

CharlesGrey: What's most irritating about this, isn't the low age of those girls at marriage, but the fact that their "husbands" are so much older. I mean, 8 vs. 40 years old? Come on.

But it's interesting -- most modern day/western countries would call that pedophilia and get the man arrested, while for them it's apparently just business as usual. Amazing how much our culture, law systems and world views are still so different.
And why do you not hear about stuff like this in the German media, while instead the official radio stations are searching for neo-nazis in the pegida movement all the time to be able to discredit it?

Jeez, even my mother has read the quran and knows more about this stuff simply because of this than the people talking and deciding about it all the time.

People are damn lazy.
Post edited February 12, 2015 by Klumpen0815
And you forget the mutilation of genitals... Err, circumcision, i meant to say. But still, children marriages are still the worst. Yeah, in middle ages they were pretty common, but as of convenience marriages of course, or political profit ones. And most people involved in those (at least from the "civilized word"), like nobles or kings, were considerate enough to let the children brides grow up, before the rinki dinki.
Post edited February 12, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: And you forget the mutilation of genitals... Err, circumcision, i meant to say. But still, children marriages are still the worst. Yeah, in middle ages they were pretty common, but as of convenience marriages of course, or political profit ones. And most people involved in those (at least from the "civilized word"), like nobles or kings, were considerate enough to let the children brides grow up, before the rinki dinki.
Circumsicion isnt that bad actually <.<
Strijkbout: Make war when there isn't one, you Swiss are due for a good fight aren't you?
I haven't seen the Swiss taking part in any "peace keeping mission" and "wars on terror" since.... ever.
Swisscoy has been part of KFOR in Kosovo for 16 years, doing actual peace keeping work that doesn't consist of shooting people and dropping bombs but since you haven't "seen" them, surely they don't exist...Surely if you close your eyes, everything you don't see will dissolve into thin air accordingly. Though I'm not quite sure who they are protecting down there, considering half of the Kosovarian population lives in safety in Switzerland and the other half in Germany and other Western European countries. Not exactly sure who is rebuilding the country, would be nice if some people had stayed to do the rebuilding.
But anyway, these days you don't have to drop bombs or wage war on Islamists to offend them, they'll take offense to far less. Cartoons for example. Anything.

Strijkbout: If you are in the impression that I said this out of liberalism or appeasement toward muslims, think again, which muslim countries are we at war with? Only one if we count the Islamic State, which by it's own right is at war with all the muslim countries around it.
As I said above, you don't even need to be at actual war with Islamists, they'll be terminally offended at far less. No one is as thin skinned as them, and that's the big problem. It's not the size of the offense but the size of the Islamist's ego and false pride clashing with reality.
As usual, Muslims are the first victims of Islamic terrorism and the Jordanians are now quite aware of that. I salute the Jordanians for taking it up a few notches with their fight against ISIS. Under normal conditions, I'm glad that Switzerland is neutral, however ISIS is an illegal terrorist cancer so if it was up to me we would say fuck neutrality in this case and send the Kurds some nice ammo & weaponry free of charge because they are doing a good job at fighting ISIS. And they are quite capable of dealing with the problem, all they need is weapons and ammo. Have you seen how their women fight? Badass! Naturally, I'm not in charge so I can't just go and change our constitution, this is a democratic country after all. I don't think there can be any neutral stance against ISIS and I'm rather upset that a Kurdish Swiss guy who went to fight against ISIS along his Kurdish brothers is likely to face legal charges if he comes back here. Should be given a frickin medal instead, seriously. As for those "Swiss" Muslims who went to do a little jihad vacation in Syria, I wouldn't let them back into the country, ever. But of course this can't be done, because fake liberals say "no human being is illegal". Bunch of twats, they are.

Strijkbout: So it doesn't really makes sense to piss off an entire religion. And you, you just go polish your boots so you can trample on other peoples freedom.
Don't bother trying to pull the nazi card, it won't work. Stuff the shiny boots up your own behind, thank you. It's only fake liberals like yourself that fear being outcast by their fake liberal kin whenever they say anything remotely truthful.
It makes perfect sense to make fun of an entire religion regardless of how much or little terrorism is in it. Islam is no exception, it deserves no special protection from ridicule, on the contrary it has been treated with silk gloves for too long. About time it gets the same treatment as everything else. Don't want to be unfair to all the other religions, do you? Aren't you all about fairness etc...
Please note, and this is vital: Feeling offended is a choice. Don't go around trying to muffle any kind of fun or earnest criticism under the weak pretext of "not causing unnecessary problems".
KiNgBrAdLeY7: And you forget the mutilation of genitals... Err, circumcision, i meant to say. But still, children marriages are still the worst. Yeah, in middle ages they were pretty common, but as of convenience marriages of course, or political profit ones. And most people involved in those (at least from the "civilized word"), like nobles or kings, were considerate enough to let the children brides grow up, before the rinki dinki.
Soccorro: Circumsicion isnt that bad actually <.<
Ever seen the female equivalent of circumcision in those practices? I hope and wish you never do. That is real mutilation and in many cases fatal, especially with excruciating pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation
Post edited February 12, 2015 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Ever seen the female equivalent of circumcision in those practices? I hope and wish you never do. That is real mutilation and in many cases fatal, especially with excruciating pain.

What about Male Phimosis?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Ever seen the female equivalent of circumcision in those practices? I hope and wish you never do. That is real mutilation and in many cases fatal, especially with excruciating pain.

Elmofongo: What about Male Phimosis?
If treated properly at an early age, it doesn't need to be circumcised, unfortunately it's often diagnosed too late and a late circumcision is.... painful to say the least, but it's still child's play compared to the female equivalent of course.
Klumpen0815: If treated properly at an early age, it doesn't need to be circumcised, unfortunately it's often diagnosed too late and a late circumcision is.... painful to say the least, but it's still child's play compared to the female equivalent of course.
Its too late for me. And I have heard that there is nothing wrong with being uncircumsized. Most of the feared diesease on it is easily avoidable with soap while bathing. Its not the Middle Ages anymore.
Klumpen0815: If treated properly at an early age, it doesn't need to be circumcised, unfortunately it's often diagnosed too late and a late circumcision is.... painful to say the least, but it's still child's play compared to the female equivalent of course.
Elmofongo: Its too late for me. And I have heard that there is nothing wrong with being uncircumsized. Most of the feared diesease on it is easily avoidable with soap while bathing. Its not the Middle Ages anymore.
Well, being uncircumsized when you have untreated phimosis and want to have joyful sex really sucks.
Hygiene/deseases are another point and also only important with this handycap.

Allright im an ex muslim, ive had good reasons to turn away from islam. But this is becoming ridiculous. at least, if youre reffering to female genital mutilation as an islamic tradition!

edit: nevermind got confused.
Post edited February 12, 2015 by Crewdroog
Elmofongo: Its too late for me. And I have heard that there is nothing wrong with being uncircumsized. Most of the feared diesease on it is easily avoidable with soap while bathing. Its not the Middle Ages anymore.
What do you mean too late for you? You have phimosis?

Soccorro: Allright im an ex muslim, ive had good reasons to turn away from islam. But this is becoming ridiculous. at least, if youre reffering to female genital mutilation as an islamic tradition!
i don't think they are? i think we've just gotten off topic. at least that is my understanding. talked about the child brides, then got on this.
Klumpen0815: Well, being uncircumsized when you have untreated phimosis and want to have joyful sex really sucks.
Hygiene/deseases are another point and also only important with this handycap.
I never liked the idea of having my bare flesh exposed I don't know how Circumsized people live with that head exposed. IMO that is even more at risk of hygiene problems.

And really Uncircumsized sex is bad?